Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I feel dirty. But why am I grinning?  (Read 2680 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: I feel dirty. But why am I grinning?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 10:37:21 pm »

Oh man.
Awful, horrible idea:
Set up firing squads.
Make your prisons, say, a 3x3 block of 3x3 prison cells, but not closed off by walls. Have a huge staggered line of ballistas at one side. When prisoners go in to the jail, close the doors and order the ballistas to be fired. Carnage ensues.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:29 pm »

I'm going to have to try that with my SCIENCE fort. After, of course, the baby catapult.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 10:42:21 pm »

Edit: I can't find the old version of Dig Deeper, only the current one.
Here's a copy with the full DF folder, including the Dig Deeper mod.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1836
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:40 pm »

Hmm, you could also have an automated firing squad for dwarves you dislike: have a path coming from the fort which splits into two paths, left and right, perpendicular to the starting path. Have them lead to sand stockpiles, which are blocked by doors. Have two dwarves pull the levers attached to the doors constantly. Assign dwarfs you don't like the glassmaker task; they'll go from one stockpile to another while you gun them down with your ballistas.
For nobles, you could just do a hallway full of offices and beds that you assign to the nobles.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 10:48:49 pm »

Thanks, Sphalerite. Your terrible deed will provide me with inspiration for my SCIENCE fort. A Secret Dwarven Think-Tank needs a certain, shall we say, level of experience.

Rat Of Wisdom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »

dwarves you dislike

:o

Whatever happened to solidarity in the face of goblin hordes and annoying nobles!?!

(Oh, nobles don't count. Honestly, what kind of dwarf stands there yelling their beard off about fine pewter when there's science read: complex and violent destruction to be done? The only reason I haven't killed them yet is because I haven't yet scored the King. When I do, and am therefore the Mountainhome, and therefore theoretically cannot receive nobles from anywhere, they're totally ballista fodder. Unless you still get them, in which case they're ballista fodder already.)
Evidently, Dorf Philosopher Uristmedes only figured out the Uristmedes screw. And he ran around naked and covered in water, blood, and vomit all the time, so any discoveries made in his 4/7 bathtub went unnoticed by dorf science.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 12:03:43 am »

Hmm, the worst thing I've ever done...
I went to a human town with my legendary adventurer. I injured (note: not killed) every child there. Then I killed every adult except for the gaurds (so that the children would be protected). Retired. Played a fortress for a while, until it failed, about 18(?) game years later. I started up the legends, looked for the kids I maimed, and wrote down the names of all their family members. Started a new adventure. Went to the town. Maimed all that were related to them. And killed everyone else (excluding gaurds again). I think I did this for 2 more generations of kids. It was a good way to pass a long and boring day.

Then there was a time that I killed every elf in a village, packed their bodies around a large grouping of trees and set the trees and nearby shrubbery on fire. I then moved my adventurer to the nearby hill and laughed maniacally to myself.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 2 [3]