Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Could it be yet ANOTHER God Game?  (Read 1984 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Could it be yet ANOTHER God Game?
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:57:57 am »

Current Deities
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Made because all the other games have waiting lists.

READ:

Before you start and enter in your details, note that in this God Game, your chosen domains should be followed more closely, don't use your ACTs in something that contradicts your domains. I will allow you to choose a Primary Domain which cannot be related to a race, when you post your description, add your Primary Domain in bold. It also must be strictly adhered to on roleplaying terms, i.e. a god of the Primary Domain of Nature wouldn't take kindly to servants of another god destroying the trees etc.
Example

When you use an ACT related to this Primary Domain, you can do something more complex or powerful.

Example
My Wrath will occur more often, but it may be rather minor, or somewhat of a warning.
I am ARMOK. My Wrath is swift, but fair.

New Deities should read my LAWS in their entirety, and, if appropriate, the ACTs of the current AEON.

ACTS

#1. Every time I post, all deities will receive one ACT with which they may influence the world. The current amount of ACTs possessed by each god will be listed at the bottom of each post.

#2. All deities are allowed to save up 2 or 3 ACTs (which would take 2 or 3 days) if they so choose, and then use them all at the same time.

#3. All deities are bound by the dictates of all previous ACTs.

#4. An ACT should consist of a description (as long or short as you wish it), and a one sentence summary in bold.

Id sees the flat expanse of the world, and fluffing his whiskers summons his powers. A long crack forms in the world, pouring forth magma which solidifies into the chain of mountains that will be known as the Towers of Creation.

Id Asënzim creates the Towers of Creation.

Do not use bold for anything besides the summary.

#5. Any act should only consist of one significant action, as summed up in the summary. You may attempt to accomplish more than one thing with one ACT, but doing so flagrantly invites the WRATH OF ARMOK.

The Passing of AEONS

#6. AEONS are like chapters.  At some point, ARMOK will call for a vote to initiate a new AEON, for which a majority wins. If the AEON does NOT pass, then ARMOK will begin to intervene directly in the affairs of creation. Eventually, another vote will be called by the same rules, and with the same outcome if it is not passed.

When a new AEON is opened, the last one is closed.  A lengthy undisclosed amount of time passes for which the cosmos to develop unmolested by the gods.  A short description by ARMOK will head each AEON and set-the-stage so to speak.

PARADOX and RETIREMENT

#7. If 5 days pass in which a deity does not post, it will be destroyed by PARADOX. You cannot exist and not-exist at the same time.

#8. RETIREMENT is available for those that know that something will keep them absent for more than 5 days. When a deity retires, he is replaced, just as if he had suffered PARADOX. But if the deity returns, he will be put at the top of the waiting list.

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ARMOK intervenes directly to meddle with your plans, because you have broken the rules. Don't complain! You yourself called upon the WRATH OF ARMOK by breaking the rules.

THE RULE OF FIVE

THERE SHALL BE FIVE GODS, NO MORE, NO LESS.

Joining Up

Just post the name of your prospective god. You may wish to also write up a proper Dwarf Fortress stat block.
REMEMBER, YOU SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE TO YOUR ATTRIBUTES. If I catch a god of Purity and Health spreading disease, you will incur MY WRATH
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:11:07 pm by Red Fortune »
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Could it be yet ANOTHER God Game?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:20:42 am »

Dundas is most often depicted as a tall, blond, bearded axeman. He is a deity associated with alcohol, axes, war and women.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 03:23:56 am »

Dundas is most often depicted as a tall, blond, bearded axeman. He is a deity associated with alcohol, axes, war and women.
Excellent.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:25:29 am by Red Fortune »
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:30:49 am »

Urem Vakun is most often depicted as a male human and is associated with treachery, thralldom, lakes, and metals.

Actually, wait, scratch that, I like treachery better.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:39:13 am by Rashilul »

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:36:20 am »

Urem Vakun is most often depicted as a male human and is associated with lies, thralldom, lakes, and metals.
Added.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:13 am »

Xin is a deity associated with disease,luck and wealth she often takes the form of a black cat with a coin on its forehead

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:52:05 am »

Myroc is a deity often depicted as a black globe with yellow eyes, and is associated with shadow, secrecy, knowledge and death.

((I'm joining this one as the previous one I joined is pretty much inactive.))
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:03:13 am »

Enohra is a goddess Associated with Optimization processes*, internal strife, nature* and the mundane*. She is most often depicted as some kind of creature generally considered adorable, but with nightmarish features added.

(*Trying to compress this down to a few words, some of these domains  are to be interpreted in a very broad and general sense, rather than as their everyday usage.
Optimization process: Technological progress, biological evolution, or even any form of lerning are all examples of optimization processes.
Nature: this in in the "law of nature" or "human nature" sense, not the environmentalism sense.
The mundane: the best word I could come up with for opposition to magic, the supernatural and the divine.

Basically, what I'm trying for is a goddess that is an anthropomorphizing of nature as it actually is in all its cruelty and inclusive genetic fitness and pointless indifference, rather than some idealized mother figure.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 10:05:30 am »

Optimization process: Technological progress, biological evolution, or even any form of lerning are all examples of optimization processes.
You mean advancement?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:33 am »

Nope, but it's very close: An optimization process does not however have to result in something that is "better" than what it started out with, it just optimizes some property. One might even argue that the universe optimizes for entropy, and there are atlest some examples of species evolving themselves to extinction... Really I suck at explaining this stuff. 95% of the time it's the same that most people would call advancement, however those rest 5% make a big, but rather technical, difference thematically.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 02:58:36 pm »

You are all added, let the show begin.

At first, there was only Armok, alone in the timeless nothingness, it was almost less than nothingness, it was the absence of both nothing and everything.
Armok, with his omnipotence, desired something... More... He needed purpose for his own existence.

Focusing his thoughts on the nothingness, he created something slightly more than nothingness, it was the Void, it was empty, certainly, but it had space, and (for as much as empty space can have) time. This was not enough, obviously, and Armok decided to create intelligence separate from his own, playthings, maybe. Out of the void he shaped Dundas, Myroc, Xin, Urem Vakun and Enhora, 5 beings of rather tedious power compared to Armok's own; He bestowed upon the beings the power to manipulate and create, he named them "gods".

The Void quivered slightly, as if almost beckoning to be molded into something more, the 5 gods looked around them and now knew their purposes: either to create or destroy. Armok watched on curiously, and the first AEON began.

ACTs

I'm giving you two, to let you do more to set up without me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:06:19 pm by Red Fortune »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:44:17 pm »

Sensing her new existence, and the void, Enhora pondered. Implied in the void that Armok had created, there were already rules: straight lines would never cross more than once, causes must occur before their effects, and many more. However, these rules alone were not enough to create something interesting or meaningful, so she began to tweak them, introducing new concepts.

Studying the void, she alredy found out the concept of a point and it's behaviour, and that was what she used as a starting point. She created within the void the possibility of points existing, and to each point tied several proprieties, and set up a number of rules for how these points would interact with each other and the void... When she was done, they were not even points any more, but probability distributions, they bent the void itelf to pull on each other. Many and elegant were the laws she created

[Nature] Enhora creates the laws of physics, enforcing all the rules of general relativity and quantum mechanics we know from our world.

((if this is to powerful, just take both acts for it. Also, she created the rules for how matter and energy interacts and what can exist, not any actual instances of those particles.))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »

Add me on the waiting list please:

Xen is often depicted as a clock with an infinity sign instead of hands, he is associated with time, space, extra dimensions and paradoxes.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:24:41 pm by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:46 pm »

If you don't mind, I'd like to add ships to my domains, because you can't really have a proper Viking without a longboat.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 12:20:34 am »

Sure, I'm fine with that.

EDIT: For all three requests.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:24:41 am by Red Fortune »
Pages: [1] 2