Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vision's of your Dwarfs  (Read 514 times)

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Vision's of your Dwarfs
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:17:13 pm »

So I have a Dwarf in one of my current forts. He's one of the original 7, and at embark I specifically bought him nothing but military skills due to the fact I was embarking in a terrifying tundra. I figured he could help with hauling duties while he is off duty and kick arse the rest of the time.

So its a couple of years into this forts life and partially thanks to he presence of both a legendary Armorsmith and Weaponsmith (and lots of ore), the above Dwarf has several pages of goblin and undead related carnage to his name with only a missing eye to show for it. So about this time I thought it high time he got a bit more pimped out. After dropping his gear off at the forge for studding I decided to upgraded the furnishing in his room, and so headed over to his profile to see what he liked.

What I noticed is that he was a devout worshiper of (somerandomgod) and just from that my brain formed this picture of this Dwarf, decked out in massive suit of platemail covered in enough religious iconography to make a Warhammer Inquisitor blush, welding a two-handed battleaxe marching into battle singing Dwarfish hymns in this deep, rumbling baritone all the while cleaving gobbo face. I mean its one thing to see your friends limbs fly but to have the man doing it sing for the salvation of your soul while doing it? Badass.

Anyway anyone else get any good mental pictures of their dwarfs?
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vision's of your Dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:34:16 pm »

Looking at their inventory is a good idea, I've had a dwarf walk around with a rat on each shoulder, one on his head, and he wore only a sock and a cloak.

Now that's a mental image that's probably very close to the truth about most dwarves in the game.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vision's of your Dwarfs
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »

Looking at their inventory is a good idea, I've had a dwarf walk around with a rat on each shoulder, one on his head, and he wore only a sock and a cloak.

Now that's a mental image that's probably very close to the truth about most dwarves in the game.

Dude, can he be my mayor?  My dwarves need someone to look up to.