Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] whenever i open up a selection screen, it flashes.  (Read 510 times)

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
  • [SHARK] [FLIER] [SIZE:1600]
    • View Profile
[40d] whenever i open up a selection screen, it flashes.
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:41 pm »

when i open up DF, the first thing that i see is the movie, which flashes and groans horribly. the first selection screen, the screen continuously flashes and i can't tell what i'm selecting. when i finally get in to the game, it's fine. until i open up a menu. if i want to look at my nobles, the screen begins flashing extremely fast between my fortress and the nobles screen. i'm controlling the nobles screen, but it's almost impossible to actually see what i'm doing. and if i want to look at their preferences, good god. i can't read a single word, and just have to quit out. i just upgraded to windows 7, and built a new computer, but this still happened when i tried to run it in xp mode.
specs: 4 gb ram, 2.93 dual core intel CPU, NVidia Geforce GTS 250. that's all the parts that could really effect this problem, i think.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] whenever i open up a selection screen, it flashes.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »

Update your graphics drivers.  Lots of people have had trouble running DF on Windows 7 launch drivers.

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
  • [SHARK] [FLIER] [SIZE:1600]
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] whenever i open up a selection screen, it flashes.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:40:10 pm »

i've already updated my video drivers, i just made sure that i did again, and it's still having this flashing problem.

EDIT: i just downloaded 40d13, and for some reason unknown to me, it now works perfectly. go figure.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:06:24 pm by carpfishmantis »