Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What to do with Legendary Armorsmith and Weaponsmith  (Read 2426 times)

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: What to do with Legendary Armorsmith and Weaponsmith
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:25 am »

I trained up an Armorsmith and Weaponsmith to legendary (+2, I believe) and made a bunch of masterful and exceptional steel armor and weapons for my military.

Melt anything that is not ☼Masterwork☼

Decorate your masterworks

Melt or sell anything that is not ☼<☼Masterwork☼>☼

Make new batch of armors/weapons, and try again. Your goal is to have your military wear only masterfully decorated masterworks. Nothing else can do.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:39:48 am »

Metalcrafting is an interesting idea... but how would I get them to stud specific items? I just see the 'stud with gold' option, and I'm not exactly sure how to choose what I'd like them to work on.

Well, just designate the stockpile that only accept that specific items as close as possible to the workshop and... just hope they will grab them for work.

What can help is, rather than just hoping, locking the forge in with only that stockpile and the stockpile of stuff to stud with. If the forge is in an open area, just construct walls all around it and then a door, and once the dwarf is inside, forbid the door so he can't leave. Let him out once he's thirsty then as soon as he goes back in lock him in again.

Alternatively if you have the space you can also include a small booze and food stockpile inside, and even a bed, so that you don't even have to let him out.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 01:11:35 pm »

You could also make immense amounts of mastercraft crossbows, along with lots of mastercraft steel bolts, then to put weapon traps completely filled with crossbows throughout your entire fortress (and outside map).
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:27:09 pm »

You could also make immense amounts of mastercraft crossbows, along with lots of mastercraft steel bolts, then to put weapon traps completely filled with crossbows throughout your entire fortress (and outside map).
Let's not forget the masterpiece mechanisms. The better the mechanism of the trap, the more damage the weapon trap does.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.
Pages: 1 [2]