Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Take to the Skies! (too many recruits!)  (Read 8665 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Take to the Skies! (now recruiting)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 02:50:55 pm »

How do I make it public?

I did not realise that there were no wizards, I thought they were just really rare.

If you are making another party could I join that one?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:54:29 pm by alfie275 »
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »

If you're making another party I'd like to join it, too. Perhaps coming from a different island or something, too?

Spoiler: Ujan Atefan (click to show/hide)

So yeah, if I can get in, I'd like that very much.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 04:12:50 pm »

Seems alright.  Does the name Von Havelock mean that he's the son of the local pre-Havoc nobility?  Also, are you planning on making this guy a sorcerer or what?

Mostly just a placeholder name. He could be a distant relative of the old Havelocks, if that would work out. I am a bit fuzzy on how long the Havoc lasted, exactly.

The plan was to have him be a rogue with ranks in Craft(alchemy) and some other really nice skills + a mess of mundane equipment:

Spoiler: Equipment list (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:20:07 pm by Grek »

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 04:32:38 pm »

Here is my sheet:
Xen

I need some help with it, like how much would all that stuff cost?

His class is alchemist and transmuter(dropping Enchantment and Necromancy).
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 05:03:46 pm »

Okay, Karik's idea for an artificer is very setting appropriate so he's getting a spot.  The other spot is going to mission0, mary-sue-ness aside, his character seem pretty interesting.

You may call him a mary sue, but I call him perfect!
Muhahahaha.

Ok not that funny but thought I should say something to that. Anyways I'll get on that character sheet.

Edit: Would you rather us wait to make out a character sheet fully till the first session or just do it on our own now? For now I'll do it on my own, but change it later if that is not what you want.

Edit: Edit: Well got through most of the spread sheet. However just as I am about to finish my computer interprets a click on a tab as a close... wiping everything but the basics I had set up.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:46:08 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »

Well, if you're starting a second party, I'd like to throw in a character idea:

Spoiler: Allen Baum (click to show/hide)

So basically, a carpenter monk with a pretty standard backstory.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:29:38 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 06:36:52 pm »

This forum is very active, it frightens me a little.

EDIT: Looking through the thread, it looks like at least one or two other people are going Rogue, so I will not go that route as originally planned. Maybe I can be a cleric? To be clear, are we allowed to roll Clerics, or only Bards and Druids as originally planned? I was thinking I could be a local religious leader, sort of a father figure of the group. I'll probably stick with this backstory whether I'm a Cleric or not, and just be a non-magical priest if you decide I should be something else. Let me write something up.

EDIT2: Also, in terms of game balance, after level 5 or so, D&D is balanced for characters loaded with magic equipment. You probably know this already, just making sure you remember that when we get to level 5 or 6 or so, it will be twice the challenge to fight a Troll as it normally is.

My alternative to being Cleric is a Bard, to represent the encouragement he would give his fellow party members in times of need.

I wrote this in such a way that I can fit into your setting. I'd imagine Hamilton would be the head of whatever religious group humans like best in Havelock. I note that the patron deity is elvish, and run by druids. Will this be a major issue? D:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:14:30 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:40 pm »

A bit posted while I was at rehersal...

1) I decided against excluding clerics, but note the rule about healing spells granting temporary hitpoints.
2) Yeah, the deity is an elf.  I'm hoping these dwarf lovers will burn down her sacred grove and give me an excuse to go wrath of DM on them to thin the ranks.
3) Years later, the people of this world are going to have the expression "common as a Haverlock scholar".  I mean, in a town of a few hundred people there's a student of magical weapons techniques, a carpenter monk, an alchemist, another potential alchemist, the guy who's rediscovering the magical arts in his spare time and even the freaking meatshield is seeped in ancient history.  Dear lord, Haverlock must be in a fantastic school district.
4) With this level of interest, I'm going to do a second party, although I'm not exactly sure how.  Maybe the second party will hitch a ride to Kistful and leave the first party behind.
5) In honor of Haverlock's status as a scholarly mecca, I'm adding ruins of an old temple of a god of learning to the island.  We already have an elf god so this god will be a dwarven runesmith god.  So now you guys can adjust your backstories to account for the fact that there was a totally bitching place for all the nerdy kids to hang out.
6) And dear lord, I didn't know Bay12 forumites could be so emo...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Take to the Skies! (too many recruits!)
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 12:49:49 am »

Watch out for them Bay12vers, they tend to have this really annoying habit of completely and horrifically derailing your plotlines. I've countered this by just running an open world, so be warned.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:09 am »

Come now; carpentry is a very common profession, although I wanted an art lover because I am one myself.  Unfortunately, "artist" isn't a viable class, so I added the monk bit.  That said, here's Allen's character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to be honest and admit I'm fairly new at this.  There are a few problems (I think?).  I used this site to generate the character.  It gave me 28 skill points, which seems really high, even for a human with 14 int.  I also wound up with quite a bit of currency left; although that could be due to cheap monk weapons.  If it wasn't 1:00 in the morning, I'd work on the back story a bit; but that will have to wait for later.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:28:46 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 04:28:28 am »

iirc, Monks get 4 skill points per level.

So with 14 int (i hope you know Monks have no use for Int) you get 4+2 = 6 Int points per level.

First level gives you x4 skill points, so (4+2) x 4 = 24, and then you get another 4 skill points at first level for being a Human, (4+2) x 4 + 4 = 28.

So you should have 28 skill points at first level, you'll gain 4+2+1 = 7 skill points every level (+2 for int, +1 for being a Human).

You do have alot of skills to choose from though;
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Although you'll probably only really need max ranks in maybe half a dozen of those.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:31:22 am by Neruz »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 09:14:44 am »

Okay, let's have a contest.  First person to guess why Frelocks post makes me sad gets an internet cookie!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:49 am »

He spelled Havelock as Haverlock.

EDIT: Just so I could be certain I'd get the answer in first, I only posted that. I intended to post this as well:

Ujan Atefan's Current Character Sheet

I haven't written anything in the personality part yet, but the rest is fine. I think.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 09:37:19 am »

Good try, but that more tickles me then makes me sad.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 09:39:22 am »

Because he is playing monk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7