Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Ammo making  (Read 1105 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer Ammo making
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:01:17 pm »

I've noticed that it can be quite easy to run low on ammo in adventure mode. Whether it be bolts, arrows or blowdarts, sooner or later you'll be through.

What about expanding upon 'Look around carefully'? You would be able to find branches in woodland areas, which could then (of course taking a step or two), be carved into new (wooden) ammunition.

It was a common practice for traveling armies to create wooden ammunition on the spot by means of collecting branches and fletching.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Adventurer Ammo making
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »

Adventurer crafting is planned for the Adventurer Skills Arc.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:13:47 pm »

I think that everything should be craftable in adventure mode...

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:42:30 am »

You don't make arrows out of branches. Saplings might work. Problem is, fresh wood has to be dried. It's doubtful that a campfire will work for that

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:37:05 am »

Adventurer crafting is planned for the Adventurer Skills Arc.

Don't knock yourself out giving him a link to the dev items or anything.

# ADVENTURER SKILLS ARC: It's nice to have all those jobs and professions sitting around in the dwarf mode. The adventurer should be able to do these things, especially those skills related to survival in the wilderness. Eventually you'll be able to place constructions, create a home and have your own site on the map.

# Core84, HUNTING AND GATHERING, (Future): You need to be able to obtain food from the wilderness and perform other tasks related to processing a hunted creature's body, trading with the a town perhaps but able to survive in the wilds. More abstract hunting on the travel view needs to be roughly equivalent to hunting only on the local view. You should be able to find signs of animals to help you out, and you should be able to gather any plants you find.

# Core85, CHOP, DIG, BUILD!, (Future): As an adventurer, chop down trees, dig channels, mine into a cliff face, build whatever structure you have the patience for. Your efforts should be saved as a proper site or at least some similar notion (whatever inns and so on along roads end up using), and the contents should remain relatively undisturbed with proper precautions.

# Core86, ADVANCED ADVENTURER SKILLS, (Future): Virtually every job available in dwarf mode should be available to you as an adventurer, though it might rely on town infrastructure, especially at first.

# Req107, PRIMITIVE WEAPONS, (Future): Primitive item making in both dwarf mode and adventure mode. This includes use of primitive weapons by primitive entities.

# Req302, ADVENTURER PROFESSIONS, (Future): Need to be able to tame the lizards you find, wood work, make clothes, whatever.

# PowerGoal9, BETTIN' ON FORGETTIN', (Future): You make a cabin in the woods, decorate it with hides and get a table with utensils so that you can dine like a king.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:40:17 am by Footkerchief »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:56:47 am »

Thank you, Footkerchief! You don't want to know how often I have tried to find such a page. (Stupid as I was, I pretty much somehow managed to miss it every single time I sought it. I must be half-dwarven.)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.