Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions that may have alrady been answered...  (Read 525 times)

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few questions that may have alrady been answered...
« on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »

I apologise if these questions have already been asked, but I haven't been able to find anything by searching.
1. What exactly is it that makes wagons 3x3? I ask because I wish to make 3x3 (and maybe bigger) creatures.
2. Is it possible to mod the goblin local leaders, and maybe to mod local leaders for other civs? I haven't been able to find anything in the raws.
3. Is it possible to have a creature that is missing either [UPPERBODY] or [LOWERBODY] or [HEAD]? Think something like a voltorb from pokemon.
4. Can the tag [FIREBREATH] be modded somehow to breathe other things, such as water or steam?
5. Is it possible to make creatures at workshops? ie. Golems, constructs, etc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:34:05 pm by turgidtoupee »

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions that may have alrady been answered...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »

1. [EQUIPMENT_WAGON]
2. Not really, you can change their names (King, etc).
3. Yes, but you must make a custom body for them (look at spiders, and slimes from Dig Deeper)
4. No
5. Yes but only if they are vermin (size 1) and then it doesn't always work quite right.

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:53:15 pm »

how is number 5 achieved?

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:37 pm »

#5 I've not messed with it (yet) but my notes say that people have used a line like this:

Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PET:NO_SUBTYPE:SPIDER_CLOCKWORK:SPIDER_CLOCKWORK]
You will need a creature named SPIDER_CLOCKWORK, it will need to be a vermin, copy a regular spider but remove the silk, chitin, add a bunch of the no(whatever) that you would expect a clockwork beast to have and    [HAS_RACEGLOSS:METAL] and [ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:USE_RACEGLOSS]. There have been some reports of odd behavior and effects from these created pets (that could be the pets themselves or other side effects of modding mistakes).

---

Idle thought, I wonder if the # (in PRODUCT:100:#:PET) is the size of the creature you are creating or the number (reasoning when making ammo, plants(?), bones, and meat the # is the size of the stack not the number of stacks being made, so maybe it is how big a cow you are making and this is why all pets made are size 1 and kind of buggy). *Ponders* Something to check out later. *adds to notes*

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:40 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:PET:NO_SUBTYPE:SPIDER_CLOCKWORK:SPIDER_CLOCKWORK]
you don`t need the extra SPIDER_CLOCKWORK at the matgloss and I`ve just tested your theroy (sighs) wish it did work just made 5 tame dogs... most large creatures that are tame go (stray `creature name` tame) these freak tiny dogs only say `tame dog` unless my usage of the reaction didn`t work (most like) i`ll wait until your verdict and testing

wasn`t toady going to implement this in a future version ???

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:48:20 pm »

Idle thought, I wonder if the # (in PRODUCT:100:#:PET) is the size of the creature you are creating or the number (reasoning when making ammo, plants(?), bones, and meat the # is the size of the stack not the number of stacks being made, so maybe it is how big a cow you are making and this is why all pets made are size 1 and kind of buggy). *Ponders* Something to check out later. *adds to notes*
No, it's a number.  100% certainty.

Stackable items are stacked.  That's all.
You can use multiple PRODUCT lines to force multiple stacks in those cases.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries