Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dining room question.  (Read 597 times)

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dining room question.
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:56 pm »

Just a question, (dfwiki is down) how many chairs will a single table service? is there a limit to one person per table? or can you have 4 people eating off of one table?
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dining room question.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:19:11 pm »

One per table.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:20:08 pm »

Only one dwarf can use a single table at a time, so, yea its one table and chair for each dwarf.

You can have two rows of tables next to each other in a line with seats on both sides and that will work fine.

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:33:03 pm »

okay, just wondering. I keep seeing these purty dining room designs and I was wondering how effective they were.
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 12:47:11 pm »

Having two chairs to a table won't stop a dwarf from using it. In fact, I think dwarves will even just use the chair.

As long as you have a whole bunch of tables that you can use, you should be fine. So, just mess around with various designs and stuff.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:33 pm »

There's a good reason not to put multiple chairs per table.

If you do so, then let's say two or more dwarves are hungry at the same time.  They select chairs that are adjacent to the same table.  The one that gets there first eats at the table, no problem.  The second one, however, finds that there's no available table next to his chair, and gets a negative thought because of it. 

I doubt that the negative thought from having dinner with a chair but no table is huge - so if your fort is otherwise excellent, it may be something you can deal with.  I avoid this, because I tend to go a bit overboard in pleasing my dwarves.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!