Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: AtonementRPI – MUD (If Space-Station 13 were a MUD)  (Read 9640 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: AtonementRPI – MUD (If Space-Station 13 were a MUD)
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 03:40:39 pm »

Ive found some tin-cans, and some scissors, and some sting... So im tryin to make a tin can pauldron, but it says i've gotta have all 3 ingredients in my hands to craft it... but it wont let me hold more than 2 things :S

Are you sure it says you have to be holding all three? I've seen people make them so I know they can be made, but as you say, you can't hold three things. Double check to see if one (or more) of the materials say: Held or In Room.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 03:48:05 pm »

EDIT: Got me a bent steel pipe to use as a club and some weird gray canvas pack filled with inflamable stuff, interesting.

Awesome; if I were you, look for some duct-tape. If I recall correctly there was a roll or two for sale from the woman in the bar. The price is in rations, but it wasn't too steep and it's used for practically everything, and has multiple uses (though might want to view it first, to check how many uses the ones she has have left.)

I did the same, got a pipe, then bought some duct-tape and fashioned it into a cudgel by wrapping the tape around one end. Then I found some glass shards, and a handful of metal scraps and using some more duct-tape made it into a studded cudgel with shards of glass and metal spikes on the end }:]

Not that I can use it hehe, but it's better than not having any combat skills /or/ any weapons... I figure that if I can score a single lucky blow with this beast it'll do some serious damage and might be enough to win the fight outright if I smack them in the head with it, or just convince them someone else will be easier pickings and end the fight in a stalemate. Assuming the only thing to attack me is another survivor.

I should find someone to fight in the VR simulator. Someone I trust, as death in there seems to cause some sort of system shock and kill the person in RL (err, IC RL that is.)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »

I click Play Now! under home tab an It just says:
Trying to connect to null: 4500

then a few seconds later:
Unable to connect: security error

Any one else get this?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 04:10:30 pm »

EDIT: Got me a bent steel pipe to use as a club and some weird gray canvas pack filled with inflamable stuff, interesting.

Awesome; if I were you, look for some duct-tape. If I recall correctly there was a roll or two for sale from the woman in the bar. The price is in rations, but it wasn't too steep and it's used for practically everything, and has multiple uses (though might want to view it first, to check how many uses the ones she has have left.)

I did the same, got a pipe, then bought some duct-tape and fashioned it into a cudgel by wrapping the tape around one end. Then I found some glass shards, and a handful of metal scraps and using some more duct-tape made it into a studded cudgel with shards of glass and metal spikes on the end }:]

Not that I can use it hehe, but it's better than not having any combat skills /or/ any weapons... I figure that if I can score a single lucky blow with this beast it'll do some serious damage and might be enough to win the fight outright if I smack them in the head with it, or just convince them someone else will be easier pickings and end the fight in a stalemate. Assuming the only thing to attack me is another survivor.

I should find someone to fight in the VR simulator. Someone I trust, as death in there seems to cause some sort of system shock and kill the person in RL (err, IC RL that is.)

I'm more of a short blades person though, so I'll be searching around for more stuff.

Also, this MUD's commands are sorta obscure, how do you log out?
How do you unwield or put weapons away?
How do you look inside a backpack to see whats inside?
How do you run?

I'm also having trouble opening/closing doors on rooms were there are multiple identically named doors, this MUD doesn't use the "open 1st door, open 2nd door" system most ones use.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:16:10 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 04:34:32 pm »

I click Play Now! under home tab an It just says:
Trying to connect to null: 4500

then a few seconds later:
Unable to connect: security error

Any one else get this?

Yeah i got that, the website is pretty crap TBH, you're better off downloading a seperate MUD client i think.

And to unwield weapons try putting them in your pack or on your belt? I assume if theyre in your hand you're wielding them.

To look inside a backpack I'm pretty sure its "look in pack" or something to that effect... And I've no idea how to run.

I've been using "open blastdoor east" or "open blast west," seems to work pretty well.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:54 pm »

pack (carried) :
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
a few glass shards
an empty tin marked 'Steak (Well-Done)'
an empty tin marked 'Rotisserie-Style Chicken'
a standard, dark brown crew jacket
a standard, brilliant white crew jacket
a tough metal wire
a tough metal wire
a tough metal wire
a length of dull metal wire
a small container of igniting fluid

Scaveging, scavenging, its what I do~

Now, what should I do with all this stuff >:C
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 05:16:06 pm »

Where did you get all that? Ive been foraging around everywhere and found sweet FA.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 05:19:20 pm »

It seems something really bad happened on the 2nd deck, there were mutated human parts everywhere and some jackets and gray packs around, so I just grabbed what I could, put it into my pack, and got out.

How do you trade in this game? I got to the messhall were supposedly there's a trader NPC, I need some ductape and rations.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 07:23:24 pm »

The way to run is... errr, hmm, damn, now I've forgotten I think it may be move walk, move stroll, move jog, etc. I'll check when I log on next.

And yes, I would strongly recommend using a MUD client. MUSH client is free and good on Windows, I use KildClient, which I use from my Linux machine, though I believe it also has a windows binary.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 12:45:01 am »

What? The server keeps dropping me! How am I supposed to write an essay on my character if it keeps crashing?!
I'll just have to write it separately and paste it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2010, 06:31:33 am »

What? The server keeps dropping me! How am I supposed to write an essay on my character if it keeps crashing?!
I'll just have to write it separately and paste it.

4 to 10 lines is an essay? :P

And yeah writing it in notepad or something similar is easier.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07:09 am »

Anyway, so far all I can do is wander around aimlessly scavenging and being locked out of rooms and pretend I'm an engineer, searching for some apparently non-existant merchant.

Its... Not so fun.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2010, 12:17:02 pm »

Do you know how to use retina scanners yet, so you can access the lap and the engineering rooms? Also, if you look at the group of people in the gally they're the auction mobs and it should give you info on it, though you might need to check up help auction to get specific commands to use with them.

The merchant is in the bar, it's a blonde haired woman, you just need to type list in the room and she'll tell you what she has to sell :)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 03:43:58 pm »

For rential scanners on door

"retscan <direction>"

-.-
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2010, 04:32:03 pm »

Oh hey fun information I learned.

Class 0 Mutants are bugs, class 1 Mutants are Mutants, Class 2 Mutants are FLESHY Mutants.

And there's a fourteen foot tall spidery hellish thing called Betty with the face of a Human female.

This game is lovely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8