Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Third God Game  (Read 7971 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Third God Game
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2010, 09:01:48 am »

What metals?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2010, 01:35:56 pm »

the metals that i had created the act previous. you forgot me, again.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2010, 02:07:27 pm »

No.
Kaluri cringes as she feels the displeasure of Armok, not looking forward to seeing the results of the wrath, but there was nothing she could do at this point, so she awaits for what happens.

[no action.]

What is this, then?

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2010, 02:18:54 pm »

I think he means the post just before the Wrath of Armok

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2010, 02:21:26 pm »

I know. It was too much.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »

From what i read of the rules, the action goes forth but is interfered with and warped. and the [no action] was just basically fleshing out the story. basically all you did was ignore my post but still take the use of the power... that i find is a bit... off.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

It was a warning. i thought you withdrew your action.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2010, 08:50:20 pm »

Thinking to stir things up a bit, both in the literal and metaphorical sense, Faden flaps her wings briefly.
On the surface of the Venom Planet, a tornado forms. It tears up the earth, sending plants and animals flying willy-nilly, though it is just barely far enough from the Feather Tree that the racers are not thrown off the tree, but merely knocked off-balance. Faden's champion continues to climb, it's claws created specifically to ensure a good grip on the tree.

Faden creates a tornado

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:15 pm »

And Fil creates his own being, in his image, they are the Wolfmen. Six appear on the Rocky World, and they hunt its beings down. But he was not done, as he went to them in his form, telling them of the Hunt, and of its reward. The six went off in their pack, hunting the creatures of the planet.

And Helmaroc acts, filling the Tree in his image, they climb and spin their webs, in the hopes of catching the other champion.

And Ortol creates a net, sentient in all but word, with one purpose. Kill the deer who ravage the planet! It begins on its quest.

And Kaluri acts, creating six legged beasts, with feline like agility and killing power.

And Faden acts last, stirring a mighty wind with her(I forget, is this right? sorry.) wings, enough to create havoc oupon the planet of venom. This kills many of the deer, and ruins much of the vegetation, as the tornado circles around.

The racers are upon each other, racing to the top, when the tornado strikes! The spider is flung down some ways, but the champion of Faden holds on. However, in its haste, it is caught upon the tiny champions' threads! The spider catches up, and races on, as the former abomination burns the spiders and the thread, causing a small fire as it races back. The champion of Helmaroc reaches the top, and goes for the crown, sitting at the highest point, as the champion of Faden reaches the top. It tackles the great spider, and and they wrestle at the top. The spider is kicked out of the tree, but it is able to cast its web upon the branches. However, the champion of Faden rains fire upon the other's head, and the spider champion falls to the base of the tree, falling into the waters under...
The Champion of Faden grabs the crown, and puts the wooden masterpiece upon its head. Ortol descends from the heavens, congradulating the beast on its quest. However, there is still one more arrtifact...

((Good job. I used an RNG to decide the winner(Only thing I could do I guess. I wish I had the next DF, could have made the creatures and done some Arena stuff to decide the winner. :[ ). It was 54(Helmaroc) to 55(Faden). Close.))

Snarecrevice Tribe:Naming itself after its quest, the tribe is eleven numbered. The goblins of the tribe have cut down many a tree in the area of the soon to be Snarecrevice, to create the city. In their haste, one of the male workers was hit by a falling tree! He is now under the care of the shaman, who is using the plants of the area to try to heal him.

Shaluri:
These beasts are still two in number, however the female has laid its eggs, deep in the caverns of the mountains. The eggs are nine in number, but nine shall not last til birth. The male Shaluri hunts the deer a plenty, while the female guards the eggs. The male uses his basic weapon, a sharpened tree branch, as well as his teeth and claws.

Great Muskox:
These Muskox now are three in their group, as the small male calf joins them. THey are now settled near one of the red rivers in the planet of Rock.

Six-Legged Deer:
Now hunted by many beasts in the world, these deer have dwindled down from a staggering amount.

Six-Legged Cats:
These mighty beasts, new of the world, live on both planets, hunting the deer down in number.

Blackfur Pack:
These are the wolfmen, now on the Hunt. They have not slain one of the great ones, but the deer and cats have been easy prey. They show little intelligence though.

((Does anyone have names for the Cats and Deer? Six-Legged Deer/Cats seems very stupid right now.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh God, HUEG update. At least the Race is over...mostly.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2010, 10:41:56 pm »

I say call the gazelles 'Ganru' and the felines 'Chalri'. i pulled up a random generator website that i haven't used, and i spent some time working on putting together a good name for each.

------------

Kaluri feels that it was just that her powers were blocked at the time for trying to do too much at once. She was glad that nothing more happened, and she carefully gauges how much power she has, and sets to work. First off, she saw the dissaray of the balance of the hunt, the herbivores she had created were fluctuating in number up and down, she uses her powers to push things towards more of a sustainable balance.

Kaluri creates a concept called 'natural balance' and pushes it into the non-sentient life on the venom planet.

Next Kaluri works her powers into the earth and stones, striking the ground with her tail, injecting right into the ground, causing veins of many metals to form, in random patterns across the planet. the softest of which is gold which is also the heaviest; copper being an easy to work with metal; silver sparkling and light; iron, hard and heavy.

Kaluri creates veins of metals in the venom planet.

Kaluri also sees the new wolfmen on their own world, smiling at the hunt that was given to them, that should be interesting, she keeps watch on them as well.

---------------

while the Shaluri are not supposed to be reptiles, i suppose they could lay eggs.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2010, 11:18:11 pm »

I wasn't sure, so I went with it. Sorry if it was not what you wanted.

What do you mean, exactly, by natural balance? I think I know what you mean, but just explain a bit more so I dont mess up.

Metal act this time is good.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2010, 12:02:39 am »

actually i like the eggs, it does also kinda explain the 'unaware of pregnancy till birth' oddity in DF.

Anyway as in natural balance, i mean that the herbivores and carnivores stay at a relatively stable level each.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2010, 12:25:41 pm »

As soon as her Champion, the Wyrm, seizes the crown, Faden lets loose an ear-shattering shriek of joy. The shriek causes the ground to shake and buckle, forming rocky protrusions above ground and large caverns throughout the crust of the Venom planet.

Faden disrupts the geology of the Venom planet, which creates a series of caverns deep inside the crust of the Venom planet.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2010, 03:30:15 pm »

Helmaroc burns with frustration and jealousy. Then he finds his drowned champion and breathes life back into it (or if it was not killed, simply revives it from weariness/wounds).

"You have lost the crown. But there is another artifact awaiting you. Go, now, and do not fail me again!

Helmaroc brings up his spider champion and sends him after the second artifact.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:34:26 pm by Helmaroc »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2010, 03:31:37 pm »

I'd think it'd still be alive. After all, it fell into the healing waters.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9