Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Third God Game  (Read 7982 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third God Game
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 09:49:49 pm »

Faden is excited by the challenge, and decides to create her own creature to compete.
She begins to sing it into existence. Sharp claws, to grip the tree; powerful legs, to outrun the competion; a long tail, for balance; a thick hide, for protection; enough wit to follow my orders; and last, but certainly not least, a small feather from myself, placed in the throat for fiery breath.
She quickly finds, however, that she is not as naturally gifted at creating life as some of her counterparts.
The result is an Abomination. Four long, clawed arms are joined to a spindly frame, supported by a pair of muscular hind legs. Its tail is long and flat, with sharp, protruding scales that lie flat elsewhere on its body, but is far too unwieldy. The head is vaguely canine, but the feather backfired. It tried to breathe fire and incinerated its lower jaw.
Faden isn't sure whether to laugh or to cry.
Faden creates a champion?
((Excellent idea, Grek!))

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 10:58:07 pm »

Helmaroc considers his goblins and finds them unsuitable for such a challenge in their current state. He decides to create a creature in his own image.

A giant spider, with eight nimbles legs and thick web. It's eyes glow red in darkness and venom that could subdue creatures of greater size and ferocity. It is silent and quick as a knife.

Helmaroc creates a champion.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05:47 pm »

And Ortol, the great thinker, creates two objects of power. A crown, and a magic bag. The crown is hidden upon the top of the Feather Tree, while the bag under. Ortol then proposes a mighty competition, between the champions of the gods.

And Faden hears this proposal, and acts swiftly. However, her creature is less than expected. An Abomination of Creation, the champion of Faden is a laughable attempt of a mighty champion.

And Helmaroc responds, creating a spider in his like. it is large, and deadly, quite like the god it is made from.

Spoiler: Acts (click to show/hide)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13:59 pm »

Helmaroc places his creature down upon the Venom Planet and whispers the goal into its mind. He blesses it and sends it on its way.

"Retrieve the crown. Be quiet and quick. Kill anything that poses a threat."

Helmaroc sends out his champion.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:17:49 pm by Helmaroc »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »

Faden sees Helmaroc send forth his champion, and knows that she will not have time to make another. If, by some fluke it manages to snag a prize, I shall create a better creation to give it to, she thinks.
"Go forth, and bring me back one of Ortol's objects of power," Faden commands.
"Why should I?" asks the Abomination, in a surprisingly clear voice for a creature that lacked most of a lower jaw.
Faden is taken aback. In light of the structural failure of the creature, she had expected its mind to be similarly defunct. "Because I command it!" She replied.
"Will you then give me your Blessing?" Seeing the expression of disgust in her features, he continued, "If you wish me to do your bidding, you must give me some incentive."
Faden considers incinerating the Abomination for it's insolence, but sees the Spider creeping closer to the prize and decides to lie instead. "Very well. You make keep the prize. All I desire is that my creation wins this contest."
The Abomination is satisfied and, contrary to Faden's expectations, decides to go after the bag. After all, it muses, what use is power if one has no desire to rule? To find any joy in life, one mustn't need to worry about survival.

Faden sends forth the surprisingly sentient Abomination
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:01:28 pm by Faden »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 07:00:27 pm »

Fil awakens from his slumber and has a mighty bad itch.He starts ripping at his skin with his front claws, he eventully draws blood, which falls to the Black Planet.

Fil creates iron rich oceans.

Fil then takes some of this ocean and makes a gaint beast with curling horns and 4 legs, he called these Great Muskoxes for some reason.

Fil creates Great Muskoxes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:15:45 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 07:01:33 pm »

Remember, bold your ACT. Please.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »

Ah, sorry! It's fixed now.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 08:29:38 pm »

"Tut, tut. To think that I thought you all would send goblins and golems. Oh well, I suppose one could do worse than a spider and a... whatever that thing Faden made is. Looks sort of wormy. I wonder how she plans to get it passed the venomous sap without the poor beast being poisoned. Helmaroc is clever to have sent a spider; it would be immune to it's own venom." Muses Ortol, "Will Kaluri or Fil be making an entry? It would be wonderful to have some competition."

No action here.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »

What do iron rich oceans do? Sorry if I do not understand?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:06 pm »

Kaluri floats through the void between the two worlds, and chuckles, listening to her brother mocking her golems, they were merely a tool to make a more suitable world. She then creates a ball of life, drawing from within herself, and gives this sphere a shape...

Sleek and quick as lightning, claws that could rend and tear, fur to coat their bodies and mark the individuals, while having a keen mind and intellect. and to finish their form off, she gives them a powerful natural weapon, a spike at the tip of their flexible fur covered tail, that held a venom that would paralyze their opponent, while they remain immune to it, and resistant to other toxins.

After the one is formed, she create more of them, like the first, much like her own self, male and female, and sets them down on the venom world. She gives them the intellect to use tools and weapons, forming them from their surroundings, but her powers are limited, and she is unable to prevent them from having all mortal limitations; hunger, sleep, pain, and death.

Kaluri creates the origin of the Shaluri race, placing them at the base of a mountain on the venom world, where the goblins are not present.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »

And Helmaroc and Faden act, sending their champions forth. The spider races, as does the clumsy abomination. The Champion of Faden reaches the base of the tree, with the abomination behind.

And Fil acts, first creating life on the Black Rock Planet. Giant Muskox, they are called, and two reach the planet's ground. They roam around, eating grasses and bushes, and romping the land.

And he acts again, creating iron-rich oceans upon the planet. The waters appear as his blood drips to the ground.

And Kaluri acts, creating two creatures of her like. They appear far from the goblins. They run around, chasing the six-legged deer, and devouring them.
Goblins-Nine of these exist now, appearing near the mountains on the Venom Planet. Their leader is Gr'ruth, or Bloodhand in their rudimentary language, has slain many of the deer with his rock. The Goblin tribe has begun to expand, with the shaman, the "learned one", teaching the others of the land and its language.

Shaluri-Two of these beasts appear in the Venom Planet. They are somewhat intelligent, but lack the finesse of the goblins.

Giant Muskox-Two of these appear, on the Black Rock Planet. They are mighty in size and strengh.

Six-Legged Deer-Hundreds of these beasts roam the Venom Planet, agile and quick.

Spoiler: Acts (click to show/hide)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »

They are just blood red.Hemoglobin is iron rich protein.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 06:51:58 pm »

Oh....

Okay. Sorry. Didnt understand.
So blood red seas? Hm.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 07:03:10 pm »

Faden, seeing Kaluri's finely crafted creatures, burned with jealousy. Still, she suppressed her urge to engulf the world in flames, knowing she would (probably) regret it later. Instead, she perched in Ortol's branches, and began idly pecking at his bark, partly in retribution for his comments, partly out of anxiety.

(No ACT. Also, my Champion IS the Abomination. I think you meant Helmaroc's Champion. ;D )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9