Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Third God Game  (Read 7967 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third God Game
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2010, 11:13:52 pm »

Otrol awoke, finding a crown of braided leaves upon his head, a gift from Faden, with three jewels; one argent, one incarnadine and one pitch. He also sees that he has been draped in silken robes, woven by Helaroc's creations This pleases Otrol. So attired, Otrol steps down from the treetops and into the house of his shaman, the Wise One Ga'ghan.

"Ga'ghan? It is time. There is a game afoot, and the Axe Man has made the first move. Descend to the Spring. There is something there waiting for you."

And so the shaman did. And there was. The egg which the Wise One stole so long ago had hatched and stood, fully grown, in the waters of the spring.

And so, the Shaman set forth upon his steed, ready to do the work of his God.

Created Raptor Jesus Ga'ghan. Also, I am voting for Black Egg.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

Thanks dood.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 12:16:09 pm »

(I'll hatch an egg when it reaches three votes, if the vote is split 2-1-1 the 2 vote egg hatches, if it's split 2-2 Org casts the final vote)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:16 pm »

hehe

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2010, 06:53:35 pm »

Helmaroc awakens with his dream still playing in his subconscious. He appears before a gathering of goblin leaders, and reveals to them the inner workings of the great spiders, granting them the ability to connect with such creatures an utilize them for warfare. He stresses that they go about this as quickly as they can.

Knowing the time for hatching has come, he encourages the cold, silver one to break.

Helmaroc teaches the goblins to make war-beasts of the great spiders. Votes for silver egg.

(Also, very nicely written Aeon, Org.)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2010, 06:54:51 pm »

Yeah. It is nice.

I was considering to start writing everything like an epic, but that would take longer.
It would be nice.  :I

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2010, 08:20:15 pm »

I wouldn't mind waiting longer myself  :)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2010, 02:07:11 am »

Kaluri yawns and awakens, seeing that her Shaluri have done little to advance their mentality... and she gently stretches herself, tail, legs, and arms...  gazing upon the worlds... she sees that the goblins lost one of their cities to the Shaluri... and smiles... but then she feels something from those dreams... a feel of loss... that may come. this brings her to think, as well as what the others think of those eggs... hearing them stir.

She also sees that one of her own have been taken by a goblin, while still an egg. This bothers her, but she looks over it for the time being, admiring the ingenuity of her creations... having taken to iron and traps... cunningly defending their homes.

he also sees that the rock goloms have still survived... but the fact that the earthen golems were in a form of hibernation... she would leave them be for now.

For a time she weighs her options, know that she must avoid the wrath of The elder god, Armok. She gets an idea of what to do for her shaluri, and smiles... giving her shaluri the knowledge to carve their own cities, not on the surface, but under the ground. Fortified within the warmth of the ground, and tapping into safe water.

She gave the basics each of these cities would need, knwouing that the Shaluri would know how to figure these out. The meat needed to sustain, as well as knowing how to handle moving water.

As she gives these thoguths and concepts to her people, she does not try to mask her pressence, hoping that the shaluri would come to notice her, and revere her.

Kaluri gives her Shaluri the idea and basics of greating underground cities, not being subtle about her presence, intentionally.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]