Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Third God Game  (Read 7968 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Third God Game
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:17 pm »

I am ARMOK. My Wrath is swift, but fair.

New Deities should read my LAWS in their entirety, and, if appropriate, the ACTs of the current AEON.

ACTS

#1. Every time I post, all deities will receive one ACT with which they may influence the world. The current amount of ACTs possessed by each god will be listed at the bottom of each post.

#2. All deities are allowed to save up 2 or 3 ACTs (which would take 2 or 3 days) if they so choose, and then use them all at the same time.

#3. All deities are bound by the dictates of all previous ACTs.

#4. An ACT should consist of a description (as long or short as you wish it), and a one sentence summary in bold.

Id sees the flat expanse of the world, and fluffing his whiskers summons his powers. A long crack forms in the world, pouring forth magma which solidifies into the chain of mountains that will be known as the Towers of Creation.

Id Asėnzim creates the Towers of Creation.

Do not use bold for anything besides the summary.

#5. Any act should only consist of one significant action, as summed up in the summary. You may attempt to accomplish more than one thing with one ACT, but doing so flagrantly invites the WRATH OF ARMOK.

The Passing of AEONS

#6. AEONS are like chapters.  At some point, ARMOK will call for a vote to initiate a new AEON, for which a majority wins. If the AEON does NOT pass, then ARMOK will begin to intervene directly in the affairs of creation. Eventually, another vote will be called by the same rules, and with the same outcome if it is not passed.

When a new AEON is opened, the last one is closed.  A lengthy undisclosed amount of time passes for which the cosmos to develop unmolested by the gods.  A short description by ARMOK will head each AEON and set-the-stage so to speak.

PARADOX and RETIREMENT

#7. If 5 days pass in which a deity does not post, it will be destroyed by PARADOX. You cannot exist and not-exist at the same time.

#8. RETIREMENT is available for those that know that something will keep them absent for more than 5 days. When a deity retires, he is replaced, just as if he had suffered PARADOX. But if the deity returns, he will be put at the top of the waiting list.

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ARMOK intervenes directly to meddle with your plans, because you have broken the rules. Don't complain! You yourself called upon the WRATH OF ARMOK by breaking the rules.

THE RULE OF FIVE

THERE SHALL BE FIVE GODS, NO MORE, NO LESS.

Joining Up

Just post the name of your prospective god. You may wish to also write up a proper Dwarf Fortress stat block.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though it will have no effect on the gameplay.

Current Deities
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:28:25 pm by Org »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third God Game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:26:00 pm »

Faden Nļngoram, "Faden Burnedworld"

Faden was a deity worshiped by The Beards of Magicians until their fiery demise at the hands of a gremlin and a magma lever. Faden most often takes the form of a cardinal and is associated with forges, fire, and disaster.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:43 pm »

Im in again...

Mebzuth, was a god that occures in the myths of mundungrandle.
Mebzuth was most often depicted as a dragon and was associated with creation.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:17 pm »

Helmaroc often takes the form of a giant cave spider and is associated with darkness, confusion, fear and secrecy.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:56 pm »

Two more...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 08:57:11 pm »

Wait. No.
Silhouette. No. You are in Another God Game. This is meant for this who aren't in either game.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »

i'm in.

Kaluri, a deity of the Shuri-Ka civilization. Often depicted as a female Shaluri, she is a deity of sand, metals, magma, hunting and Battle.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:02:30 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »

i'm in.

Kaluri, a deity of the Shuri-Ka civilization. Often depicted as a female Shaluri, she is a deity of sand, metals, magma and Battle.
What is a Shaluri?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 09:30:14 pm »

Ortol is a deity that occurs in the myths of the Rock of Turtles. Ortol is most often depicted as a feather tree and is associated with luck, wishes and games.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:36:56 pm »

Im in.

Fil Nightnight.

Most often takes the form of a gaint black dog-man.He is assoicited with night, cold and death.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

a Shaluri is a race i created not a  week ago in a mod of mine. it is like a mammalian version of a raptor with fur, but stands up straighter, and has a scorpion tail-tip, with paralytic venom. only used in hunting or close combat.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:40:04 pm »

>:(

Starting tomorrow.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 10:58:07 pm »

awww ok :(
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:13:52 am »

I guess I'm first on the waiting list of this.

Dundas is most often depicted as a tall, blond, bearded axeman. He is a deity associated with alcohol, axes, war and women.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:25:18 am »

2nd to wait, I suppose.

Grey is never depicted consistently. He is most often associated with skill, luck, and time.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9