Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ZOMSIM (Working title) Slowly being developed by myself.  (Read 2142 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
ZOMSIM (Working title) Slowly being developed by myself.
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:22:52 pm »

Salutations, your friendly neighbourhood Anthromophic chair here, with a special announcement.

I am currently in the process of learning C++ so i will be able to develop and program a simulation-thing that i have been planning for a few months now.

It will be set in ASCII (For now, at least) and will include a great many features, i plan on developing this in a similar structure to Toadyone, the Great. Starting simply, with two "Teams" of Human NPCs and "Zombie" NPCs, at this point, they would simply display an ability to move away from the other team (Humans) or move towards the enemy (Zonbies).

This will be developed on from there, i have several "Phases" that i will fulfill in ascending order, beginning with the infrastructure required for such a venture, such as basic behaviours, variables and suchlike.

I'm leaving it open to suggestions, and i'll be placing a log of the current Phase's goals tomorrow, when i have a little more time on my hands. Preferably, i'll have several options open when you generate the game, what sort of undead, Populaton level, City size, police prescence and whatnot, but these will be fairly late goals, most likely, it'll be a set size for quite a while.

Stay tuned for updates, but feel free to ask any questions you like, or suggestions, if you feel so inclined.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMSIM (Working title) Slowly being developed by myself.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:25:20 pm »

Sounds cool..

~thread watch~
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »

What the hell, I'll watch this thread.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:09:21 am »

I love anything zombie related, so this sounds awesome. :P

Are you planning on having it be computer controlled, or player controlled? If the latter, can the player pick which side he wants to play as?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:18:08 am »

This sounds like something I'd enjoy. Make it like a god game. The player can place infrastructure, build bases, give the humans guns, vaccines, etc. You just simulate the fighting :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:11 am »

It'd be cool if eventually you had it so the player could decide what kind of survivors he wants to play. Goodie-two-shoes types going around rescuing everyone they come across, anarchistic savages, murdering anyone they see to steal their stuff, or lone shut-in guy who just builds a base and defends it against anyone who comes near :P

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:15:59 am »

It'll be more of a simulation than anything player controlled in the end, with them being able to do whatever.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 03:17:24 am »

sounds good.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 03:21:46 am »

Meh. Do You have a working engine already? If no, why in the world are you discussing gameplay elements already? YOu need to know what the game will be capable of if You want to create gameplay.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:28:09 am »

Which is why i have only mentioned that it is being worked on.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:57 am »

Meh. Do You have a working engine already? If no, why in the world are you discussing gameplay elements already? YOu need to know what the game will be capable of if You want to create gameplay.

Wait, what? You decide what to do before you do it. The concept is called game design.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 05:42:08 am »

Just to clarify, i wasnt planning on having it too interactive, t's mostly wanting to be a simulator.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 06:38:49 am »

I for one am intrigued.  Good luck with it!  :D
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:11:05 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 11:22:50 am »

Kevan.org is the best site evar.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: [1] 2