Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be more combat-heavy

YES. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! KILL THEM ALL!
- 9 (69.2%)
NO! HUGS FOR THE HUG FAIRY! CANDY FOR THE PEDO VAN!
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: New Roll To Escape  (Read 21846 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: New Roll To Escape
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2010, 10:44:56 pm »

ATTENTION: SKILL LEVELS ARE NO LONGER 5, 6, ETC. XP BUT 2, 3, 3, 4, 4...

Pick guard's pocket.
4. You try to sneak about and pick a guard's pocket, but you fail. He darts away at the last second!

Give a smoke to a guard thats guarding and start a conversation with him
2. You give him a cigarette, and he gladly accepts. Then he tells you to make like a plasmid and go back to your cell.

ask around tryig to find someone with connections in the outside world
4. Hm, okay. I'll give you your Observer bonus. You listen to rumors, add in some comments of your own, and manage to get some good tidbits of information. "El Jefe", in cell [REDACTED], is an old hand, and knows all the tricks of getting messages, items, or even people in and out of this place.
6: You rub at your face, and your disgusting scabs flake off. However, there's still a little bleeding. Meh, if you don't do anything bad it'll probably be fine.
3: The cellmates still think you're a wuss.

Be healed.
AUTO-SUCCEED: Thou art healed!

1. You are hired as a mercenary, but your prisoners escape and you lose your ticket.

Time for a larger risk, I'll use my key to try to sneak into the armory. Just in case, I'll hide the other two keys first.
4. You manage to get the door open, but a guard comes at you! You don't think he knows who you are, though. (3) You swing at him, but you miss! (2) he tries to tackle you, but you nimbly roll out of the way. (6) You headbutt him, sending him sprawling, and run back to your cell before anyone sees! You have learned much about fighting, but your head kind of hurts.
...wait a minute. You're not some prissy elf-loving wuss! You're DRAGNAR! You roar, dispelling your headache with your sheer beefitude.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:34:19 am by Cheddarius »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »

huh, I was sure I had posted an action... oh well, Time for a larger risk, I'll use my key to try to sneak into the armory. Just in case, I'll hide the other two keys first.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:01 am »

Dragnar, I thought that everyone had moved, so I posted the turn early. Therefore, you won't be punished for not posting, since you still had time - I'll add the turn up above.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2010, 01:22:50 am »

Wish for Potions of Gain Attributes.

Really, I'm completely lacking a direction here. What am I supposed to do?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2010, 01:34:01 am »

get job tickets by being helpful
look for useful items
do jobs once you have job tickets
negotiate with diakron to find el jefe; smuggle for him
start a fight
cooperate with other players to get things (Pillow's locker room code + Jetsquirrel's weapons locker code + good roll = m16s for everyone)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2010, 10:24:34 am »

I tried getting job tickets, I tried looking for useful items, and I tried to start a fight. Nothing worked :-\

I'm ready to try and raid the weapons room if everyone else is, though.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2010, 11:20:12 am »

Go to the chief of the security and propise him this plan. That i will just sit around in spaces and listen o what prisoners are planning or something like that. And for each rat out i will gain some job tickets or privelages

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2010, 06:05:53 pm »

So I'm in the armory now? And the guards know I broke in so... Grab weapons and hand them out to as many prisoners as possible! I'm doomed if this fails...

AH, missed that. I'll find a guard and ask if there is anything I could do to earn a job ticket.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:44:02 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2010, 06:34:39 pm »

Dragnar, you're not in the armory. The guard saw you break in, but he didn't see your face, and you ran back to your cell before anyone saw you.
RNG, if at first you don't get a good roll, try, try again.
Jetsquirrel, what plan? Also, you're not allowed to choose your rewards. Otherwise people would just say "I rat this guy out for 1 trillion dollars, seven tanks, and a hundred M14s" or something.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2010, 07:37:07 pm »

send the word out that i know some one with some weed who would be interrested in meeting El Jefe in my cell
Back to Mafia with me!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:46 pm »

RNG, if at first you don't get a good roll, try, try again.
That's... not quite how it works. At least, not how I think of it. If I searched the janitor's closet once, why would there be the chemicals I need when I search it again? I guess I could try to get job tickets again, but that's not as fun as mixing chemicals together  :(

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2010, 11:35:18 pm »

If I searched the janitor's closet once, why would there be the chemicals I need when I search it again?
Magic. It's been restocked. Shortages in safe chemicals have forced the closet to be stocked with the unsafe ones you need. I dunno...
If you really want it to be realistic, I can come up with an explanation for it.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2010, 01:01:25 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=48432.msg998509#new

Advertising my ascii roleplaying forum game thing w/ permission of Ched.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:37 am »

Ask to be brought back to the cell, then disarm and knock the guard out when noone is around
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »

Fine.

Search for the chemicals again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15