Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be more combat-heavy

YES. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! KILL THEM ALL!
- 9 (69.2%)
NO! HUGS FOR THE HUG FAIRY! CANDY FOR THE PEDO VAN!
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: New Roll To Escape  (Read 21820 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: New Roll To Escape
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2010, 10:42:07 am »

Woah... that was unexpected.

Sweet!  :D

bleach
iodine
ethanol
ammonia
red phosphorus
titanium powder
aluminum powder
iron oxide powder
ammonium nitrate
ammonium perchlorate
zirconium(IV) hydroxide

There you go. The list. No way I'm giving all that up, so... try to bluff the guard. If it works, stash it all in my cell, well-hidden from sight. If it doesn't, shoot him and run. Did I mention avoid showing my face?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2010, 10:58:56 am »

Oh, you also get bottles of sulphuric acid (this janitor is a lunatic), hydrochloric acid, two of deionized water, a gas tank of hydrogen and methane (don't worry, it all fits in your immense Pockets of Holding), a box of ephedrine tablets, a Bunsen burner, a boiling flask, and a brick of cesium in mineral oil (I say again. Totally loony) just to round it off.
This is going to be awesome.

I noticed that you have aluminum and iron oxide - are you going to make thermite? It's not very explodey.
And red phosphorus? You planning on making meth? Probably not, but I gave you the ingredients anyway.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2010, 11:06:05 am »

There are many, many things that could be done with those chemicals... and they are almost all awesome! I take it the janitor escaped from some sort of insane asylum... or he's the pyro from TF2.

Also, didn't the guard say I could get some job tickets as well?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2010, 11:10:12 am »

Oh, yeah. He gives you 5 job tickets.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2010, 11:55:35 am »

Nice, I'll use one of the tickets to get a job as a janitor, and try to find a guard's uniform somewhere(probably in the guard's rooms, which I'll use the key for if I have to). Oh yeah, and I'll eat breakfast afterward.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 11:57:06 am »

Jetsquirrel and Diakron are left. Not that they need to move right now or anything, I mean, it's only been a day since the update.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2010, 03:15:02 pm »

Go eat the breakfast and check around the prison for anything unusual

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:22 pm »

I noticed that you have aluminum and iron oxide - are you going to make thermite? It's not very explodey.
No, it's not very explodey. It is very hot though, easy to melt through just about anything. The aluminum actually has two uses, thermite is but one of them. Actually, I'm sure there is more than two, but I was only planning on using it in two.
And red phosphorus? You planning on making meth? Probably not, but I gave you the ingredients anyway.
Actually, I was planning on using that to make something explodey, though with the hydrogen, methane and cesium you also gave me I might not need to.
There are many, many things that could be done with those chemicals... and they are almost all awesome!
Yes they are  :D

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:26:53 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2010, 06:08:14 pm »

i need to find that criminal! i wll get a huge bonus [Insert evil Laugh]

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2010, 08:32:34 pm »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PAPA CHED
All things pass. Eventually, this game will end. You all know this. Eventually, I will die, if nothing else, and this game will end.
That being said, the great chance is that this game will end quite a bit sooner than that. Don't worry; I'm not suddenly pressured or whatnot. It's just that I'd like to get this out of the way as soon as possible. So, how would you like the game to end? Do you want it to just... stop? Keep it going as long as possible until I can't any more? Or perhaps you want it to die naturally. I can bring more and more dangers to bear upon you, and you'll all die under them, one by one. Maybe you want to go out in a blaze of glory, smashed by overwhelming force in one mighty blow, and fighting to the end.
So speak your voice, and (eventually), thy will be done.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 09:05:14 pm »

hmm... What if we just all pool out job tickets, become mercenaries(5 will hopefully be enough that we would be all of the guards for that set of prisoners), and then run away? Either a blaze of glory, or freedom!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »

Merc is an auto-success now, I guess. You can't fail at becoming a mercenary, since the rules say clearly that you just need a job ticket. I mean, how could you fail?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2010, 02:58:19 am »

@ Cheddarius

I have explosives now. I have poisonous gas. I have highly corrosive acid. I have unstable metals. I have welding catalysts. I have a gun. When this game ends, it will be either when I escape, or when I blow myself up(and the rest of the prison, as well as everyone else inside it) into a million tiny pieces. 

@ Everyone

I'm willing to try and escape next turn. Alternatively, we can wait another turn to try and break into the armory and get better equipment. It's up to you guys. Just know this; walls are no longer an obstacle.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2010, 04:37:05 am »

I got a gun. I got an uniform. Next turn or two, a riot will be made, if I am lucky, which should advance plot enough for us to make an escape.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »

Oh wait Jetsquirrel moved and Diakron already had. My bad.

Show him the pistol Mag. "Now you have something on me, a Felony possession. You can give me up or give me a chance." Try to convince him we are on the same side here.
1 (+1 bonus for the mag) = 2. He still refuses to take the offer. "Convincing, but why should I hire you?"
Meanwhile, a breakfast is tossed into your cell.
Hide the body!
1. You try to hide the body in a closet, but you fail completely and hit your head! You are bleeding and woozy.
try to bluff the guard. If it works, stash it all in my cell, well-hidden from sight. If it doesn't, shoot him and run.[/b]
4. You have no persuasion skill, but you try regardless. Holding an immense stash of dangerous, illicit chemicals the size of a small child, you attempt to bluff. "Uh, I'm carrying this to the warden..." He doesn't believe you and rushes you with the baton!
Your attack roll: 6! You draw your pistol and aim carefully. 1! He doesn't even attempt to zigzag or anything, and you blast him in the chest. He falls to the ground. He is heavily wounded!
His attack roll: 5-1=4. He tries to get up, but collapses.
Your attack roll: 1. You try to shoot him, but drop your pistol instead! Ugh.
Bleeding roll: 3. His wounds stay about the same.
His attack roll: 1. He tries to get up, but only strains himself! He bleeds to death.
You loot his body for a pistol, a baton, 3 magazines, and $100, then flee the scene of the crime!
I'll use one of the tickets to get a job as a janitor, and try to find a guard's uniform somewhere(probably in the guard's rooms, which I'll use the key for if I have to).
AUTO-SUCCESS: You get a job as a janitor cleaning rooms. 6: You find a guard's uniform and start changing into it, but a guard walks up to you. "Hey! What are you doing?"
Go eat the breakfast and check around the prison for anything unusual
You eat your breakfast.
6. You see a man dealing drugs in his cell and arguing over some sort of employment. How strange.
You see a man trying to stuff a body in a closet! He fails miserably and injures himself. Hilarious!
You see a man armed with 40 pounds or so of volatile chemicals gun down a guard, rob his body, then run away. You flee the scene! What's going on?!
You see a man attempt to disguise himself as a guard, but get approached by a real guard. That's kind of unusual...
Holy smokes! You see a man stuffing bags and bags of cocaine into a hole in his cell! He sees you and grabs a shiv, approaching you menacingly. "I can't have anyone knowing about my stash! You die now!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15