Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Already reported]Trader taken by mood; diplomat leaves unhappy  (Read 558 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
[Already reported]Trader taken by mood; diplomat leaves unhappy
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »

Is this intended? Given how long diplomats will wait while your trader/noble fulfills other duties, seems a little odd that they'll pack up. The diplomat had literally just touched the map when my trader went into a mood, and promptly left without even entering the fortress.

I guess moods also make you ineligible to be mayor? Because mine (who is also the trader) just got the boot immediately afterward.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:16:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Trader taken by mood; diplomat leaves unhappy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:02:33 pm »

It's a known bug:

# 000621 □ [dwarf mode][diplomacy]   liaison leaves immediately if leader is in a strange mood

Corroboration never hurts, but it'd be nice if you added "already reported" to the thread title so Toady won't have to read it.

As for the mayor thing... did he get the boot via a normal election, or did something strange happen?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Trader taken by mood; diplomat leaves unhappy [Already reported]
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:42 pm »

I suppose it was due to normal elections, but the timing was either amazing or something else was involved, because all three things (Mood, diplomat leaving, change of Mayor) literally happened on top of each other.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti