Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SWIMS_INNATE] and other water problems  (Read 714 times)

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
[SWIMS_INNATE] and other water problems
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »

So I'm designing a mod that makes lizardmen the sole race of the game, and I've got the creature set up pretty well and the civ set up roughly. While mining a fort, I hit an aquifer. No problem, they have the [SWIMS_INNATE]. They still fear water and can't swim, apparently. I checked the wiki and it says a bug prevents this from being useful when making a fort. So, my question:

How can you make a race natural swimmers?
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SWIMS_INNATE] and other water problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:35:01 pm »

You can't remove their fear of water, really. The pathfinding algorithm is a temperamental beast; won't support pathfinding through water, except in cases of desperate need.

Are you sure they can't swim, though? Try locking a lizardman in a room and filling it with 6/7 water. If he dies, he can't swim. If he lives, he's a witch!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »

Yeah. You're stuck with OH GOD I'M ANKLE DEEP HELP ME.

But they do swim. Sometimes they're even intelligent enough to haul themselves out through a hole in the roof, but sometimes they just drown. [SWIMS_INNATE] flips the bird to ramps.

And channelling into the start of a brook just makes them immediately drown for some reason.

It still has its uses, but you're not going to get an easy Rapture any time this century.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:31:10 am »

I made my drakelings (I guess you could say they are like lizardmen) have the amphibious tag for a while, which kept them from drowning, but they were still afraid of water.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.