Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351735 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3255 on: January 16, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »

How would someone revert my log?
I know it's possible if someone is editing their IP out at the same time as i am editing mine out, i had an ip editing fight yesterday with someone over at 1.1.1.1, it was kinda fun.

EDIT:
Anyone else noticed logs being replaced with the number 1?
Either someone out there is stalking me, or I've encountered a weird bug, it does seem to happen whenever i find some of my log edits getting delayed/pushed back a few seconds by switching around tabs to check the files and/or install something.
Edit 2: I've discovered a good source of bank account numbers and a rather good method of cracking, i just need someone to cover logs for me when i decide to make the big haul. Well, a lot of them are on banks i can't even crack into yet and i don't plan on using that cheat sheet to advance,so i might stop grinding slaves and go back to the trail tomorrow.

I've actually been doing that, believe it or not. Didn't know I was stalking you ;P

I do that, then go back and delete that final 1 so when they revert, all they get is a 1, or some other pointless crap.

I'm also building up a compendium of IP's that I've either slaved or come across.
I found a "1" in my system log just yesterday before I got a clean IP address. I am hoping that it is just a coincidence.

I've mostly been watching 1.1.1.1 and making note of all the people that don't erase their IP's fast enough, so you may or may not have been one of them.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:41 am »

So someone got in and took my back details and my slave ip's, no big deal since they're basically just the starting riddle NPC's and a few players who were already being slaved by half a dozen other players.
However i noticed a message in my log which said Don/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// etc
I'm assuming the message was don't , but the slashes imply my log was edited a few dozen times, perhaps he had a script automatically editing stuff and forgot what happens to apostrophes?
Seems to be caused by the way the log is edited when collecting from slaves, i popped an apostrophe in the middle of my log and after collecting half my Dorf vanished under /'s
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:58:56 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MasterCyria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 17, 2013, 12:01:56 pm »

I started playing today. Seems pretty fun so far :)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:41 pm »

Just remember to clear your logs, don't waste your IP resets and don't be too open about wanting to get into the bay12 GS and you'll be good to go!

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 17, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »

Just remember to clear your logs, don't waste your IP resets and don't be too open about wanting to get into the bay12 GS and you'll be good to go!
Seeing as they just joined around ten minutes ago and their first post was in this thread I would say that they should prove that they are not a spy of some kind before even acknowledging them.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 17, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »

That was kind of my point. I honestly doubt there are enough decent sized groups playing this for "spies" to be a real risk, but it's certainly likely he's just gonna spread the GS IP in the bank log.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:54 pm »

That was kind of my point. I honestly doubt there are enough decent sized groups playing this for "spies" to be a real risk, but it's certainly likely he's just gonna spread the GS IP in the bank log.
I'm running on energy drinks and Dr. Pepper so it's no surprise that I didn't realize that such a thing was what you were trying to convey. Regardless of the circumstances I would probably trust the most recent newbie as much as that wiselyshen fellow who messaged me about having the group server IP the other day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MasterCyria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 17, 2013, 01:35:06 pm »

Yep. I'm trying to do my best to clear logs. I feel bad for the other people that miss some of theirs though. I have so much info X_X

gilmouta

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McGuard has been shot in the knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 17, 2013, 02:24:11 pm »

I've played slavehack a long time ago, might try to get back to it. Are there a lot of people still playing? The forums seemed kinda dead. Also, there was talk about slavehack 2.0? Any news on that?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

I've played slavehack a long time ago, might try to get back to it. Are there a lot of people still playing? The forums seemed kinda dead. Also, there was talk about slavehack 2.0? Any news on that?

There are still people playing and activity, but its seemed to have died down some. And Slavehack 2 never came out or anything. There was also going to be a reset back before 2010, but that never happened. The devs seemed to have abandoned this game.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »

I wish the reset actually happened.

Anyway, there is enough activity to keep you on your toes. Hacking bank accounts are still very risky.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 17, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

Even just logging into a busy server is risky, 1.1.1.1 and any of the banks are highly so.
Oh and i logged in this morning to find a tiny ascii penis inside my dorf's mouth,That'll teach me to check every back account number i find (I've got about 20 now that haven't been deleted, but they're always empty except for 1 which i probably exposed yesterday.
Also a question, if you reset your pc's password does that boot someone off your system requiring them to recrack to get back in?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:14:11 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:47 pm »

Even just logging into a busy server is risky, 1.1.1.1 and any of the banks are highly so.
Oh and i logged in this morning to find a tiny ascii penis inside my dorf's mouth,That'll teach me to check every back account number i find (I've got about 20 now that haven't been deleted, but they're always empty except for 1 which i probably exposed yesterday.
Also a question, if you reset your pc's password does that boot someone off your system requiring them to recrack to get back in?
So Urist McASCII was munching on a plump helmet?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 17, 2013, 11:55:31 pm »

*facepalm*
Yes, indeed he was.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 19, 2013, 12:38:56 pm »

After a bit of experimenting, I found that the revert edit button only reverts YOUR edits. Not somebody else's. :(

Also, I heard there was a bay12 gs? :o

edit: I made a guest book and a readme, someone read both and decided to leave me with some free software instead of a virus. Cool, huh?

So, there was an edit war on 135.132.*.*
I think I made contact with other bay12ers :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:17:53 pm by magistrate101 »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 225