Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351812 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3195 on: January 11, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »

Or maybe you got hacked by 2 different people? I don't know, that COULD be a possibility :P

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 11, 2013, 08:08:24 pm »

Or maybe you got hacked by 2 different people? I don't know, that COULD be a possibility :P
Maybe but dei said he noticed no files called urist.txt on any of the systems he deleted stuff from. I got stuff deleted, said file was present, and I got his calling card so I guess he just missed the file. Someone else could be using his calling card I suppose.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 11, 2013, 09:03:37 pm »

This old game is still around? Man, I remember playing this back in 2010. Quick question. I faintly remember talk about a reset of this game, did anything come out of that? I took a quick peek at their forums and it said that last update was back in 2009. Has this game been updated or touched at all since 2010? I was thinking of blowing the dust off of my old account (I took a look and all my old software's still there) and playing this again, and I'd like to know if anything's changed.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:49 pm »

This old game is still around? Man, I remember playing this back in 2010. Quick question. I faintly remember talk about a reset of this game, did anything come out of that? I took a quick peek at their forums and it said that last update was back in 2009. Has this game been updated or touched at all since 2010? I was thinking of blowing the dust off of my old account (I took a look and all my old software's still there) and playing this again, and I'd like to know if anything's changed.
Nothing has changed at all, the game is completely dead. Nothing happened to that "Slavehack 2" thing either. There seems to be a small player base still, however, so it's still easy to get hacked if you're not careful.

Would be awesome to have more players return.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 11, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »

Nothing has changed at all, the game is completely dead. Nothing happened to that "Slavehack 2" thing either. There seems to be a small player base still, however, so it's still easy to get hacked if you're not careful.

Would be awesome to have more players return.

No change whatsoever? Well, I have some time to kill, I guess. I'll go see if I can scrounge up some slaves. My old list o slaves is predictably gone, but I can find more.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 11, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »

No change whatsoever? Well, I have some time to kill, I guess. I'll go see if I can scrounge up some slaves. My old list o slaves is predictably gone, but I can find more.
No updates at all as far as I know. Don't take my word for it, though, there was a long period where nobody seemingly played this.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 11, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »

Well, I'm not doing much currently. I run with a few slaves (one inactive, I think), and I'm waiting for money to get better hardware, cause I'm a bit stuck. I get around ~1 software, but I can't get better, because I've not much place, and uploading a .7 vspam already take me an hour. So I need to upgrade my HD, and connection, and upgrading my ext HD would be cool too.
I should get more IP, but I haven't been lucky recently, and I don't feel like camping.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3202 on: January 11, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »

Was just going to upgrade my waterwalls when I saw this in the log:

╕     ╕      ╕                    ╕      ╕     ╕
╔╧═╗  ╔╧═╗  ╔═╧╗                  ╔╧═╗  ╔═╧╗  ╔═╧╗
╠══╩══╩══╩══╩══╣                  ╠══╩══╩══╩══╩══╣
╚═╗          ╔═╝╕     ╕    ╕     ╕╚═╗          ╔═╝
  ║ ╔╤╗  ╔╤╗ ║╔═╧╗  ╔═╧╗  ╔╧═╗  ╔╧═╗║ ╔╤╗  ╔╤╗ ║
  ║ ╟┼╢  ╟┼╢ ╠╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩╣ ╟┼╢  ╟┼╢ ║
  ║ ╚╧╝  ╚╧╝ ║   ╔╤╗          ╔╤╗   ║ ╚╧╝  ╚╧╝ ║
  ║          ║   ╟┼╢  ╔╤╤╤╤╗  ╟┼╢   ║          ║
  ║          ║   ╚╧╝  ╟┼┼┼┼╢  ╚╧╝   ║          ║
  ║          ║ Dwarf  ╟┼┼┼┼╢ Bay12  ║          ║
  ║          ║Fortress╟┼┼┼┼╢ Games  ║          ║
  ║__________║________╟┴┴┴┴╢________║__________║

Hello from the Bay12 Games Forum.
BlackZX was Here 09.01.2013.
Damn you guys beat me to it Dish~
I'm Cheeetar! Hi!

The picture's pretty distorted but yeah.

Haha, is that castle thing still floating around? I made that and spread it everywhere back when I played this. Three years ago. I never figured it would have persisted.

The original one was:
Code: [Select]

╕     ╕      ╕                    ╕      ╕     ╕
╔╧═╗  ╔╧═╗  ╔═╧╗                  ╔╧═╗  ╔═╧╗  ╔═╧╗
╠══╩══╩══╩══╩══╣                  ╠══╩══╩══╩══╩══╣
╚═╗          ╔═╝╕     ╕    ╕     ╕╚═╗          ╔═╝
  ║ ╔╤╗  ╔╤╗ ║╔═╧╗  ╔═╧╗  ╔╧═╗  ╔╧═╗║ ╔╤╗  ╔╤╗ ║
  ║ ╟┼╢  ╟┼╢ ╠╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩══╩╣ ╟┼╢  ╟┼╢ ║
  ║ ╚╧╝  ╚╧╝ ║   ╔╤╗          ╔╤╗   ║ ╚╧╝  ╚╧╝ ║
  ║          ║   ╟┼╢  ╔╤╤╤╤╗  ╟┼╢   ║          ║
  ║          ║   ╚╧╝  ╟┼┼┼┼╢  ╚╧╝   ║          ║
  ║          ║ Dwarf  ╟┼┼┼┼╢ Bay12  ║          ║
  ║          ║Fortress╟┼┼┼┼╢ Games  ║          ║
  ║__________║________╟┴┴┴┴╢________║__________║

Hello from the Bay12 Games Forum. You've been hacked.

The ' in the you've added /'s every time you edited the log, so you could spot extra /'s popping up in logs if someone was editing them. Most people never noticed it, so you could use it to spot activity on a log that you weren't checking too much - start refreshing then and you might spot an IP.

I still have my old account. Not sure I want to play it again though. Back then I built my way up a bit and some jerk with maxed everything ddos'd me to 5/5/5 just because he caught me logging into his machine (I remember he admitted using a firefox plugin to constantly refresh his log every 4 seconds and catch anyone logging into his machine while he played) so I used all my saved up money to re-upgrade a bit and with help from another guy ddos'd him back down to the minimum 5/5/5, then I wiped my hard drive and reset my IP when he got his buddies after me. Wound up getting bored shortly after that and never did get all my software or hardware back. Not really much to the game, and a few simple browser plugins can provide a ridiculous advantage.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 12, 2013, 12:33:37 am »

While on the NPC trail I found someone's IP address, turns out he was an active player, got details about his bank account. He apparently keeps transferring between them, he may be on to me.

Meanwhile, I'm collecting a lot of other bank accounts during this chase.

Yes, got the cash, on the not-so-bright side though, I noticed someone logging in around the time I transferred the cash, it's very likely that he'll have checked the logs and noticed the transfer. DAMN IT!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:45:54 am by justinlee999 »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 12, 2013, 04:53:27 am »

I suggest you to start from  bottom. I started playing again with a new VPC and it's much more fun.

Hello from the Bay12 Games Forum. You've been hacked.

The ' in the you've added /'s every time you edited the log, so you could spot extra /'s popping up in logs if someone was editing them. Most people never noticed it, so you could use it to spot activity on a log that you weren't checking too much - start refreshing then and you might spot an IP.

That's clever. I use that tactic in a .txt file in my HD but I didn't know it happens in logs too. I'm going to use it once I finally reset my IP.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:09 am »

Sorry, I don't get it, do you mean that the apostrophe turns into a slash every time you edit the log?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 12, 2013, 05:35:28 am »

Don't seem to be able to get this working.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 12, 2013, 07:05:11 am »

I tried it in the logs and it doesn't seem to work. It only works in .txt files.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 12, 2013, 07:29:34 am »

I tried it in the logs and it doesn't seem to work. It only works in .txt files.

When I had an apostrophe in my logs, I noticed that each time I collected income, for each slave that added an income collection statement to my log, a slash was added after the apostrophe. It could be that the slash is only added when the logs are edited by the game itself, to report events.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 12, 2013, 09:09:46 am »

I had juuuuust got myself all set up, logged out to do something else while my spam slaves made me some cash, came back to find that someone had deleted a few choice programmes. My External HDD only held one of them, and turns out I don't have the patience to go to every site I visited and check the logs for my IP. Oh well.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 225