Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351862 times)

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3165 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:41 pm »

I think sproginator and BlackZX are in on this together. Just saying, we shouldn't trust either of them.
I don't even play this game :S, how could I possibly be in this together with him?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:54 pm »

Wow.... Editing a log that someone spammed on takes a long time. I feel that is garbage. Just spam on your logs and it will take someone much longer to delete their logs.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

I think sproginator and BlackZX are in on this together. Just saying, we shouldn't trust either of them.
Okay, this is getting a bit TOO suspicious. This game just makes you see these sorts of things everywhere.  :D
I have a paranoid personality and trust issues that stem from fifteen years of abuse. I see these things all of the time because it's a survival skill that developed from the trauma I had gone through.

Trust in a game like this is honestly not a good idea altogether, so let me propose a new strategy for us to follow: Any time someone talks to you, assume they are attempting to social engineer you and will wipe your HD on first opportunity.

In all seriousness, I've known Black for years and the only time he'd fuck someone over as badly as we've seen him do here is in revenge, which as far as I know is the policy B12 has been following. I told him that if he needed a group he could ask here since quite a few of us play Slavehack, but if you don't want to let him in then I'm not gonna contest it.

That said, dei, I strongly doubt sprog and Black know each other.
I don't want to be that guy but you yourself are guilty by association. I'm starting to trust you a little bit but personally if anything happens with the group server or the Bay 12 Games systems in general and BlackZX is involved I'm probably going to look at you first when looking for someone to crucify. My apologies, but I tend to be brutally honest with everyone online and offline.

Furthermore it is not my place to see BlackZX welcomed into the group. If it were up to me he would be required to lurk for a couple years before any of us would consider even speaking to him. My opinions of him are somewhere around neutral-dislike however, which is usually how I am towards suspicious individuals. My apologies, I know he is your friend but from the looks of things other people just plain don't like him.

I don't even play this game :S, how could I possibly be in this together with him?

Do you have evidence to support your claims? I am suspicious of you as well so I will ask for such in order to verify each and every one of your statements. I will be honest though and state that the main reason I am suspicious of you is because of your posts in this thread.

Wow.... Editing a log that someone spammed on takes a long time. I feel that is garbage. Just spam on your logs and it will take someone much longer to delete their logs.
That is something I do to other people's logs when the mood strikes me, but usually with either desu spam or ASCII art of the mudflaps with naked ladies on them. If you found either of those in your logs last night I apologize, I did not mean to vandalize your system. I seem to have a habit of bringing wanton chaos and destruction wherever I go in this game.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 11, 2013, 01:58:45 pm »

That is something I do to other people's logs when the mood strikes me, but usually with either desu spam or ASCII art of the mudflaps with naked ladies on them. If you found either of those in your logs last night I apologize, I did not mean to vandalize your system. I seem to have a habit of bringing wanton chaos and destruction wherever I go in this game.

No I meant if I were to spam my own logs, I would be able to keep the hacker from editing my logs for like, 5 minutes. That's a 5 minute period in which their IPs are exposed.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 11, 2013, 01:59:35 pm »

Here. Lets put this down. Nobody joins the B12 SH group without one of the following.

1 year of registration on the forums.
OR
1000+ posts

That should keep out most of the Social engineers.

wiselyshen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 11, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »

Message me guys if you could/couldn't let me join.  :)

I mean, you havent been lurking for years, as far as I can tell, since march. Thats when it says you registered. You may have not had a account before, but I still dont trust you. Lets put it up for vote. Who wants to let him in? I say Nay.

That is because I am not used to foruming.. For me Bay12 has been the best place to find new games (which I like), most notable games I found here that I loved are cataclysm, KSP, and this new one slavehack.

I completely understand the sensitive trust issue, the only thing I wanted to have are the 5's softwares (I was wiped by someone yesterday), by luck I hacked into the GS while the firewall is being hidden, I didn't do anything, in fact stealing or hacking you guys GS has never crossed my mind!

Hell I found this game from bay12, and bay12 has made the game more lively, to hack the GS is such a massive dick move I'm not capable of doing..

No I'm not persuading or doing any SE, I'm not joining then.
Btw reset the GS IP guys. And also slaving your own GS is against the rule, I saw some 0.3 vspam.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:09:25 pm by wiselyshen »
Dwarf cancels construction of Wall: Creature occupying site

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 11, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »

Here. Lets put this down. Nobody joins the B12 SH group without one of the following.

OR
1000+ posts

That seems quite cruel. I say just let everyone in unless they are downright elvish. These few are fine, they're just people trying to play. I'd rather we got hacked for being too kind than being safe but cruel. That's not what B12 is about.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 11, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »

Dei, guilt by association is pretty absurd. I could have simply denied any relation to BlackZX or simply told him not to mention me and nobody would have any idea we know each other. Not sure if anyone has noticed but this account is barely a week old, my only previous identity on B12 being as an occasional poster about a year ago. Despite that, I haven't done anything negative to anyone related to this forum at all.

Really, though, I don't see the big deal in letting others become part of the GS. We're a lot of people who can easily camp the logs to find the sinner if anything goes wrong. If anything let's do as Spaghetti7 suggests.

EDIT: On the topic of the GS, would someone please hide the .fwl? I want to put the waterwall there on queue since I don't have one right now, which obviously makes it impossible for me to get in.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:15:22 pm by Absolute Niro »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »

OR
1000+ posts

I'd rather we got hacked for being too kind than being safe but cruel. That's not what B12 is about.
That sounds suspiciously elven. Have you actually played Dwarf Fortress?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 11, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

I haven't been on B12 for a year, nor do I have 1000+ Posts, and I like to think i'm entirely trustable.
If this were some sort of severe national security matter, I would understand,
But this is a game.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: January 11, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »

I'm hiding the firewall now, should be hidden in 15 min :)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 11, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »

OR
1000+ posts

I'd rather we got hacked for being too kind than being safe but cruel. That's not what B12 is about.
That sounds suspiciously elven. Have you actually played Dwarf Fortress?
Err, yes. But here on the lower boards, this rarely comes in to it. We are renowned for being one of the most friendly places on the internet, and we want to keep up that appearence. I don't know about you, but I was certainly greeted here by: "Welcome to Bay 12, the most friendly place on the web. :)". Also,
this is a game.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 11, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »

Certainly more friendly than SA from my experience. That's not saying much, though.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:30 pm »

Certainly more friendly than SA from my experience. That's not saying much, though.
Just a tiny derail, I'll go away after this, but this? ;D

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »

How do I prove I don't have an account? Lol.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 225