Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351897 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3120 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:30 pm »

DAM! I should of deleted their copy then :(

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 10, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »

And I should probably mention that they're only good for 30 minutes after the creation of the file. Gotta hack fast.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »

Anyone else keep a notepad record of all the IPs they find?
I do. I think I should check them to make sure that they are still valid.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:25 pm »

Encrypting a .rip file seems very ironic.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 10, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »

Well, it has a very good reason. It's not mine, and I like to spite the sonofabitch who put it there without simply anti-virus-ing him.

Yeah, they do :-)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: January 10, 2013, 09:31:37 pm »

They still work? Damn. This sonofabitch is going to have to jump through a few more hoops than they think.
Encrypt and hide it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: January 10, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »

Can't you just delete a .rip? Or are you talking about the actual virus, .vshare?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:22 pm »

I poked a dragon earlier. Hid everything and uploaded a virus. Shit was so cash.

Also I upgraded the group server's harddrive to a 120GB model. It was either that or I give it those mudflaps with the naked ladies on them, and I thought I should do something useful for a change.

- edit - When are you people usually active? I'm bored and I want someone to play with and talk to.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:31:26 am by dei »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 11, 2013, 05:32:35 am »

I decided to delete my max level WWL and follow the riddle trail.

But damn, I can hardly resist the urge to login to the GS and just download dat shit.
I decided to get the every best software after someone planted a tracker and deleted some of my stuff. So, disregard this post.

Now come at me, you sons of bitchez...

Anyone else keep a notepad record of all the IPs they find?
I do. I also keep the bank accounts (with the passwords if I already hacked them) and write notes. Like, this bank account was almost empty so I didn't transfer money but it's still worth looking into later. Or this IP has some of the best software which I must not forget to start downloading before I go to sleep. Or this SOB is a deleter and DDoSer, give him trouble from time to time.

By the way, I'd like to give very important advice to everyone. Play this game like how you play Hitman. Seriously, don't delete the AV, hide the virus instead. Be like a ghost and try not to wreak havoc too much. Don't do anything that can make the player realize that someone is in his system. Some people tend to panic and change their IPs immediately if they notice something is wrong, even if nobody deleted anything on his HD. Don't even leave notes (unless he is a giant N00B who desperately needs help). If you can't hide your tracks in some way (you don't have a higher hider than his seeker maybe) or you just want to have some fun with a sucker, then have fun.

Oh, and I'm active around evenings mostly. Which is like 17:00 - 22:00 GMT+0

Another thing, I found that having a .rddos on your HD tends to intimidate people who hack your system, even if you never use it. Y'know, just saiyan.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:43:43 am by Leatra »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3129 on: January 11, 2013, 06:41:59 am »

I'm not judging lol, Im just saying I think your silly if you were to pay for a game where you die so often it's pointless, since you aren't using real money then I disregard my previous point
You seem a bit thick... To clear that up, they're not paying anything. They're using virtual (not real) currency in a virtual game to buy virtual hardware to hack each other virtually.
I understand that now, yes, I was simply asking questions, and now you call me thick for being inquisitive and cautious? To me being cautious is more of a proof of intelligence
A quick perusal of the game's website would have cleared up any confusion you had, but instead you persisted in posting extremely confused posts here regarding things that nobody had actually mentioned. You can't honestly think we're talking about real hacking, real bank accounts, and real money can you? You seemed to, which is why you seemed a bit thick.

It is a fun game though, if a bit shallow, and becomes popular here again every few months.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3130 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:27 am »

It's fun if you can get a rivalry going with someone, otherwise it's just a thing I use to kill time while Cataclysm is compiling.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 11, 2013, 07:55:05 am »

I'm not judging lol, Im just saying I think your silly if you were to pay for a game where you die so often it's pointless, since you aren't using real money then I disregard my previous point
You seem a bit thick... To clear that up, they're not paying anything. They're using virtual (not real) currency in a virtual game to buy virtual hardware to hack each other virtually.
I understand that now, yes, I was simply asking questions, and now you call me thick for being inquisitive and cautious? To me being cautious is more of a proof of intelligence
A quick perusal of the game's website would have cleared up any confusion you had, but instead you persisted in posting extremely confused posts here regarding things that nobody had actually mentioned. You can't honestly think we're talking about real hacking, real bank accounts, and real money can you? You seemed to, which is why you seemed a bit thick.

It is a fun game though, if a bit shallow, and becomes popular here again every few months.

I didn't think that, no, I was just weighing up all the possibilities. As for looking at the website, I would rather check here first than look at a broad answer on there.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:29 am »

I have found myself a rival.

As soon as I get back my deleted software. I will unleash !!FUN!! unto him.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: January 11, 2013, 09:43:06 am »

I have found myself a rival.

As soon as I get back my deleted software. I will unleash !!FUN!! unto him.

Interesting...
Want a partner? Im just waiting for shit to go down again XD

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: January 11, 2013, 09:43:16 am »

How do you have a rival in this game? They just IP reset and you will never see them again.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 225