Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351916 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3090 on: January 09, 2013, 01:20:17 pm »

In this game, it's very easy to lose everything you got. All your software, cash and even hardware if you get DDoS attacks. That's why people are being extra careful and "pissy" about it. Betraying trust and social engineering (there is a manual on social engineering in the forums) is allowed in this game. That's why trust is hard to come by and that's why we are being careful about giving the password of the channel to someone.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: January 09, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

Point made.Case closed.

We can now talk about something different.

sproginator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 09, 2013, 02:08:14 pm »

Aren't you the same guy who thought this was actually hacking?
I never thought it was, if you bothered to read what I said you would know I was making sure

Well, if you aren't being sarcastic, you guys are quite silly to pay actual money to fund a virtual hacking game, where you can lose at a rate of once an hour

He was being sarcastic.

Why are you even judging us though?

I'm not judging lol, Im just saying I think your silly if you were to pay for a game where you die so often it's pointless, since you aren't using real money then I disregard my previous point

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 09, 2013, 02:12:35 pm »

I just back all my stuff into my external hard drive. Don't have to worry about getting wiped.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 09, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »

But externals are very expensive and won't fit alot of stuff.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 09, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »

I've gotten into and out of this game twice now and I think my greatest achievement was the acquisition of 120K from a single account.  More than 2/3 of my money has come from other players accounts and I consider my self a bit of an artist when it comes to bank theft.  Never had any money stolen from me, and most of my targets I keep safe by clearing logs out.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »

But externals are very expensive and won't fit alot of stuff.

Yeah  :(

I realized this after I started downloading better stuff. The memory size skyrockets.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:38 pm »

I take it you guys are active at times when I either don't want to play or should be sleeping. Doesn't matter I guess, this game is a bit too repetitive for my liking sometimes.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57:25 pm »

Haven't really been online since I got DDoSed and wiped by some random asshole, had to wait for an IP reset. Now I've formated and reset though so I should be good to rebuild. My slaves paid out a total of 10,000 creds, though, so I was able to get my damaged HD back to its former glory along with a better connection.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 10, 2013, 12:49:12 am »

So, about how many slaves does everyone have active at a time?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 10, 2013, 12:51:24 am »

So, about how many slaves does everyone have active at a time?
Last time I checked I had twelve. One keeps on trying to escape, and I've still got to re-infect two of the others.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 10, 2013, 12:55:51 am »

My list has around 50 IPs in it, but I haven't checked a few of them recently (and they've gone off the ingame list) so it's probably actually somewhere between 30 and 40.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 10, 2013, 01:31:20 am »

Haven't really been online since I got DDoSed and wiped by some random asshole, had to wait for an IP reset. Now I've formated and reset though so I should be good to rebuild. My slaves paid out a total of 10,000 creds, though, so I was able to get my damaged HD back to its former glory along with a better connection.
I got DDoSed 15 f***ing times. And I'm back up again.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 10, 2013, 01:56:46 am »

I got DDoSed 15 f***ing times. And I'm back up again.

Sucks, man. The fact that you can completely reset a player by DDoS spam is retarded. I'm almost done downloading the WWL from the GS, though, so I should be able to recover nicely.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 10, 2013, 02:46:28 am »

I haven't been hacked in the past few days because I have been keeping a low profile and because someone gave me some good software. I think I might get back to the riddle trail soon because of that.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 225