Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352071 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2895 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »

Does anyone know what level of software is the standard around here? Is everyone running around with 5.0 stuff or is it normal to not even hit 1.0?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

I'm rolling 0.7 all the way down to 0.3 stuff.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2897 on: January 05, 2013, 03:46:59 pm »

Yeah, my highest is a 0.7 waterwall right now.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: January 05, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

I got max everything. Then I got DDoSed 10 times.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56:44 pm »

Are people told if I hack their bank account?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: January 05, 2013, 03:58:07 pm »

Are people told if I hack their bank account?
No, but anyone watching the bank logs is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: January 05, 2013, 03:59:04 pm »

Hack this guy and avenge me! 193.208.89.167
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: January 05, 2013, 03:59:33 pm »

Someone knows how to get better viruses ? I mean, when there's a virus somewhere, in the 30 next seconds, he'll be activated, so I can't dl it. I even installed his own sharewarez on someone (I don't have one) and hided it. Btw, what is better, .vspam or .vshare ?

I generally got my dl wasted by someone deleting the stuff (a 0.7 wwl), or activating it (trojan, sharewarez, etc).

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

Hack this guy and avenge me! 193.208.89.167
I would, but I'm unable to do DDoS yet and deleting his high level stuff will take millenia. I can trash talk him a little in his log if you want, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: January 05, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »

I'm wondering how people keep sneaking in (pretty sure I've cleared everything), but I appreciate the cracker 3. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: January 05, 2013, 06:13:44 pm »

I'm wondering how people keep sneaking in (pretty sure I've cleared everything), but I appreciate the cracker 3. :)
Oddly, it seems that only one guy came (let a message in my log), and I don't see anything, so either it's well hid, either he didn't put anything. There's always a few seconds when you connect, that you can't instant clear. Also, when I find an IP, I never go to it right away, because he's mostly around, and could change password, delete virus, and so on. What I do is a tour of some NPCs (not the most visited, they're a bit dangerous), and look for the text notes, and for some traces on the logfiles. I always find more than I can use (understand : shitty connection make it so slooooooow).
I then wait a bit (dl stuff from the npcs), or doing something else, and then go to hack, while there's nobody.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: January 05, 2013, 06:31:54 pm »

Decided to log into my old account and have a look. I've got 6 active spam viruses from the start of 2010 and a load of software which is mostly approaching or just passing v1.0. I even dug out my old notepad file with all the riddle trail solutions I'd solved but apparently all the IPs have been changed since then so now I'm worried I'll get deleted and have to completely start again.

So tempted to start playing again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2907 on: January 05, 2013, 06:49:15 pm »

So... how do you keep yourself safe early on?

I made a habit of obsessively deleting any logfiles from the very beginning, and just now I got hacked simultaneously by two people. Like.... do I just pray nobody sees the IP in the 5 seconds it takes to delete it?

I can see how it'd work later since processor speed catches up and text files don't take a sizable (for your single defense) amount of time to process but it seems like early on you just hope nobody decides to delete everything you own and send you back to square one.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »

So... how do you keep yourself safe early on?

I made a habit of obsessively deleting any logfiles from the very beginning, and just now I got hacked simultaneously by two people. Like.... do I just pray nobody sees the IP in the 5 seconds it takes to delete it?

I can see how it'd work later since processor speed catches up and text files don't take a sizable (for your single defense) amount of time to process but it seems like early on you just hope nobody decides to delete everything you own and send you back to square one.
You really just have to get lucky. Erase your logs as quickly as you can and hope that nobody notices it. I believe there is a trick to do it instantly (by queuing the action and only completing it after you've done what you need to do), but it's too much of a bother in my opinion. Obviously a Firewall helps a bit too, since most people don't have maxed software and thus are bound to be stopped by some level of fwl.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: January 05, 2013, 07:32:10 pm »

Instant clean is really worth it, but you still can't do it when you first connect in a computer.

Someone was deleting my stuff (not anything important, my wwl was in my ext hd, and I dl a virus and a seeker again), and I reseted IP while talking to him. Bad luck for him that I had one ready.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 225