Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352333 times)

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2550 on: July 22, 2011, 08:08:46 pm »

Also here's a little tip. Don't hack into bank accounts, ever. There are people constantly camping the logs in almost every bank, and they will fucking find you. Unless you are insanely good at doing instaclears, I suggest you don't do it.

42554775.81 euros

Unless you can get Tal to come back and hack the bank account for you....
Yes, sometimes you get lucky. But most of the time you don't.

It's less about luck I've noticed (Not the amount) but about the draconian captcha and the fact that log edits go bad really fast in a Que, so it's hard not to draw heat to your IP every time you do it. Keeping the transfer clean is alright, but you risk people seeing your IP.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 22, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

Gah, I think I got hacked, though all that seems to be missing were the few waterwalls at the top of my software list. Did a scan, password, and ip reset; so hopefully I should be good. And since I had the sense to back up my good waterwall, I seem to be in the clear. :D

It is somewhat odd though, as I would have expected my firewalls would be the first things deleted...
I delete waterwalls first because that way even if the other dude got my IP somehow he's going to have to waste time getting the sufficient stuff to hack into me.

Also, I deleted your .skr as well I think.

E: Kudos to the two of you that actually changed your IPs after removing the crap I dropped on you.
Also: Twiggie (I think?), I have several of your slave's IPs right now. I'm not gonna do anything because waiting for stuff to upload/delete and having to actually monitor it so I can get off an insta-clear is just plain boring. You should delete your personal logs faster though -- you should delete other lags faster as well -- because I have your IP and I'm pretty damn sure you don't have mine despite what your log says :P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:00:32 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »

Deleting waterwalls is a surefire way to piss people off. Just hide them and hide the skr
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 22, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

Deleting waterwalls is a surefire way to piss people off. Just hide them and hide the skr
Can't you still make use of both of those while they're hidden? And wouldn't it piss them off more if I forced them to reformat just to reinstall a .wwl/.skr?

I know I'd be pretty damn annoyed if something was just hidden. At least when it's deleted I don't need to take any extra steps in getting it back.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 22, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

Hidden files cannot be used, but they can be redownloaded.

EDIT: Besides, if you delete someones water wall, they might as well reformat, cause they KNOW someone went onto their computer and probably implanted a virus. It's better to hide them, wait to see if they are active, if they are, leave, if they aren't currently active, unhide the waterwall (and .skr IF it is lower than your hidden virus) and let them think nothing happened.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:10:40 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 22, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

Hidden files cannot be used, but they can be redownloaded.
Huh... Didn't know that.

Now to copy all my files to have hidden backups so deleting me takes twice as long! >:D

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 22, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »

If th- wait... no, they can't be re downloaded.

EDIT: Anyway, I don't really slave people unless they have a lower firewall than me by at least .3 cause otherwise they could retaliate within a couple hours. I am currently re-upping my list of slave NPCs.

EDIT2: You guys wanna talk on the IRC?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:24:36 pm by Mono124 »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:21 pm »

Getting DDOS'ed is not fun. At all.

EDIT: Bay 12 has a GS already?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:27:19 am by Mono124 »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 23, 2011, 10:28:00 am »

Getting DDOS'ed is not fun. At all.

EDIT: Bay 12 has a GS already?

Who made it, and can they PM me the Ip or give it out on our new shiney IRC?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 23, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

Heh, 5 Spammers for 18 hours got me 1273 euros. Awesome.

EDIT: Found the DDoSer. Gonna delete his files and leave menacing messages in his log.
EDIT2: Upon further inspection, it seems that it's an unactive account. No files except about 7 virii (not his, he's infected with him), a 0.7 firewall and a 0.3 DDoS remote destroyer.
EDIT3:17.181.161.139 if definitely a DDoSer, but his firewall is 2.2 or better.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:41:10 am by Supercharazad »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 23, 2011, 01:02:41 pm »

It's actually 3.1 or better.

EDIT: It's a 2.9 firewall, but he has no waterwall and was DDOSed repeatedly.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:34:18 pm by Mono124 »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 23, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

Heh, 5 Spammers for 18 hours got me 1273 euros. Awesome.

EDIT: Found the DDoSer. Gonna delete his files and leave menacing messages in his log.
EDIT2: Upon further inspection, it seems that it's an unactive account. No files except about 7 virii (not his, he's infected with him), a 0.7 firewall and a 0.3 DDoS remote destroyer.
EDIT3:17.181.161.139 if definitely a DDoSer, but his firewall is 2.2 or better.
Ya, saw that same 17 ip DDoSing at least half a dozen people in the logs of several npcs yesterday. I didn't stick around, as it appeared to be ongoing at the time.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 23, 2011, 02:28:43 pm »

Yeah. I was one of the people DDOSed. My IP was on at least 30 NPCs for a couple hours before I got around to clearing them all.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 23, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

While I'm just touching this game every once in a while out of a small degree of interest, one thing I'd strongly, strongly recommend is having something like a 2 firewall on the GS so that everyone has to work to a certain point on their own before they've really an opportunity to get to the GS. When bay12 had a group server before it was constantly hounded by newbies who logged into it and didn't clear their own logs saying that they logged into and so on, and the whole thing was compromised thanks to sloppy work.

47 45 45 4b 20 21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 23, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

Hey guys could i get ip of GS on PM? I just started playing its addicting !
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 225