Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352452 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2370 on: July 21, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »

Again, unless something drastic has changed only one specific virus will let you track someone through an IP change. The normal spammer and file share viruses do not.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:34 pm »

Also, if possible, maybe you could upload some of your software to me? ;)

Half-Joking.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »

I have his new IP on my slave list. All I have is the .6 spammer.

EDIT: If I had a decent connection I'd upload you my waterwall, but I'm DLing the next waterwall, so it'd probably take easily 6 or 7 hours to upload to you.

EDIT2: Or only 2 hours.

Upload file Expanded_Waterwall.wwl 1.5 to XXX.XXX.XX.XXX
1%
1 hours, 57 minutes and 57.4 seconds.

EDIT3: Ah crap someone has my IP.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:10:08 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: July 21, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

Just a note: this thread is extremely monitored. I've been chatting with various people in a bank log for the past hour or so, and several have referred to discussion here.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 21, 2011, 04:29:56 pm »

Oh great.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 21, 2011, 04:36:35 pm »

Just came across someone with a Bay12.txt

I didn't click it, because I was afraid of what I'd find inside. In fact, I quietly logged out and deleted the IP from my slave list.
Wouldn't want to piss off the Internet Hero.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:15 pm »

LOL, I figured as much. With so many people stupidly throwing their IPs around, its only a matter of google searching for a SlaveHack mention and following the trail of data crumbs. ;)

Rule #1: Never make your IP public, no matter how secure you think it is. Public is still public, and ANYONE who's reasonably good at Google'ing can find your IP here if they wish to.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 21, 2011, 04:38:05 pm »

Just came across someone with a Bay12.txt

I didn't click it, because I was afraid of what I'd find inside. In fact, I quietly logged out and deleted the IP from my slave list.
Wouldn't want to piss off the Internet Hero.

That's one of our guys, I believe :) I'd have look in just for the hell of it :P
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

Bay12.txt
I didn't click it, because I was afraid of what I'd find inside.

Should be safe to open. Feel free. You might see an ascii dragon or a joke about magma, or something.

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 21, 2011, 04:40:15 pm »

Bay12.txt
I didn't click it, because I was afraid of what I'd find inside.

Should be safe to open. Feel free. You might see an ascii dragon or a joke about magma, or something.

Mmm, giant ascii middle finger...

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 21, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »

I made a Bay12.txt lol, with a short story about a Dwarf getting sucked through space and thrown into a computer simulation, while he tries to break his way into servers to find out how to get back to his comfortable mountain fortress by the sea, rofl.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:27 pm »

Difference being, its actually quite the accomplishment to own nice cars and being financially rich AND stable.

Is it? Why? Upon what do you base that?

Its far easier to spend a month on a hacking game and claim yourself L33T HAXX0RZ

Ok, but what's our goal here? Personally I see no particular value in doing things just because they're difficult. It might be "easier" to play a game than to get rich, but it's probably "easier" to get rich than to spend a lifetime in meditation and acheive enlightenment. But not everyone has the desire or determination to contemplate their navel for a lifetime, and not everyone has the desire or determination to be rich.

Someone who says "Haha! I'm awesome because I have money and cars!" is basically doing the same thing as someone who says "Haha! I'm awesome because I are 'l33t haxxorz.'"

Game ranking stats and money will both be of little value after we die. But both the guy who enjoys driving his porsche and the guy who enjoys doing well in a game...enjoyed themselves.

I think it's ok to enjoy the ride, regardless of which ride we choose.
See, it's more of an accomplishment thing in the scale.
When you're dying, you might think, "At least I managed to scrape together my shit and get tons of cash and some awesome cars."
You might also think, "I may not have accomplished much to the naked eye, but I have gained wisdom which for most takes more than a lifetime to attain."
It's probably not healthy to die thinking, "Man, I remember that time 162.xx hacked into my vpc, and I hacked the shit out of that motherfucker until he stopped playing."
LOL, I figured as much. With so many people stupidly throwing their IPs around, its only a matter of google searching for a SlaveHack mention and following the trail of data crumbs. ;)

Rule #1: Never make your IP public, no matter how secure you think it is. Public is still public, and ANYONE who's reasonably good at Google'ing can find your IP here if they wish to.
This.
I got mono's IP because he referenced someone elses IP which he didn't clear the logs on. I also got several bank accounts and cracked them.
What you guys should do if you intend to actually coordinate and post 3 replies in a minute like this thread tends to go, you should get into a private irc.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:58 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:35:51 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »

This.
I got mono's IP because he referenced someone elses IP which he didn't clear the logs on. I also got several bank accounts and cracked them.
What you guys should do if you intend to actually coordinate and post 3 replies in a minute like this thread tends to go, you should get into a private irc.

I think the biggest issue is when someone says "OMFG 192.xxx.xxx.xxx IS ATTACKING ME!" and then everyone logs into that IP.

Just sit there and watch the IPs flood in...

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 21, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »

I always clear logs. Always.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 225