Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 351979 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #3000 on: January 08, 2013, 05:07:05 am »

Btw, Dei, you can reset your IP. But now /b/ is going to be all over this.
Along with 9gag and the likes. Uuugh.
I still have a few days before I can reset my IP.

You can go for an .av + password reset, to try to fool them into thinking you changed your IP.
I forget who, but someone from here uploaded a 5.7 Firewall to my system. I have also changed the password and removed all of the virii that were installed. I think I'm good for the time being, especially since I should be able to reset my IP by sometime tomorrow night.

However, I'm going to save it just in case someone does break into my system with what I have up at this time. That way I can be prepared to defend myself properly the next time I get hacked. Right now when I have been logging in I've mostly been quiet, only hacking a few servers at a time while vigilantly deleting my logs. A couple people have noticed my IP address but they have not been able to hack me, which is fortunate.

I'd love both of those, unfortunately experience has shown me that giving your IP to others isn't a very good idea.
That's common sense really, though personally I would trust the people from Bay 12 Forums more than I would trust the people from 4chan when it comes to my IP address.

If I may suggest something, why not ask for some proof that ScriptWolf is being genuine, and do not provide your IP to them until you are satisfied with the results? I apologize if it is not my place to say such a thing. I am just giving a suggestion that in my opinion provides a valid course of action for this situation.

However your paranoia regarding Slavehack is admirable. I may be a paranoid person myself but I am too trusting of people I am familiar with as well as sites I am familiar with. Therefore sometimes I get into situations that I shouldn't be putting myself in. I just thought I would say that as well. Consider the first sentence of this paragraph to be a compliment I suppose, as that is what it was intended to be.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:09 am »

I have played this with mini before he can vouch for me being and not a ass hat .

Also I will be on the IRC tonight and playing so we can talk then, but I am nearly maxed out on hardware and have all the top level software, why would I betray you ?.

Do we have a group server yet ? If so I can just place the software for you there Mate, also about the money if you give me your bank number I think it is ? Not sure I can just transfer money over
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:19 am »

I'd love both of those, unfortunately experience has shown me that giving your IP to others isn't a very good idea.
That's common sense really, though personally I would trust the people from Bay 12 Forums more than I would trust the people from 4chan when it comes to my IP address.

If I may suggest something, why not ask for some proof that ScriptWolf is being genuine, and do not provide your IP to them until you are satisfied with the results? I apologize if it is not my place to say such a thing. I am just giving a suggestion that in my opinion provides a valid course of action for this situation.

However your paranoia regarding Slavehack is admirable. I may be a paranoid person myself but I am too trusting of people I am familiar with as well as sites I am familiar with. Therefore sometimes I get into situations that I shouldn't be putting myself in. I just thought I would say that as well. Consider the first sentence of this paragraph to be a compliment I suppose, as that is what it was intended to be.

Ah, it's not that I don't trust a fellow member of Bay12 to genuinely be trying to help me, it's just that I've played similar games before and don't really think it pays off to trust people too much.

Anyways, Scriptwolf, I think I'll be fine. If I was just given everything it wouldn't be very fun anyways. :P Maybe when my external HDD is big enough to actually back up stuff. I guess I won't really be risking anything by taking the cash, so if you honestly feel like donating so much to a nublet like me I suppose I could give you one of my bank account numbers.

We haven't got a GS yet, as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:36:27 am by Absolute Niro »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: January 08, 2013, 05:43:39 am »

hmm if we don't have a a GS yet I will use the money and get money to buy one for all of us does anyone know how much they cost again ?

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: January 08, 2013, 05:45:40 am »

I think it's 100k for the basic GS and another 100k for every upgrade or something like that, should be specified on the SH forum.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:24 am »

Ahh haha so I not to much money from getting us one anyway.... I will be in the IRC tonight but I don't mind paying for the GS

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: January 08, 2013, 06:01:34 am »

Cool. We'll just have to remember to also delete the GS IP from our own logs whenever we've used it so nobody gets unauthorized access to it.

Does anyone know if there are any other larger groups that play this? I know the Goons used to, not sure if they're still around?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:05:16 am by Absolute Niro »

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:25 am »

Well thats just great. Overnight someone hacked me and deleted my everything. Joyful.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: January 08, 2013, 10:02:06 am »

We already have something GS- ish. Get in the IRC When Josephos is online. He's a lurker, but you can trust him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:52 am »

you know i have the money to buy us a GS right miauw :P

BlackZX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: January 08, 2013, 10:36:18 am »

I'd like to join a group D:
I Do Not Forgive...
I Do Not Forget...
EXPECT ME!!!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:06 am »

I'd like to join a group D:

DONT GIVE IT TO HIM! Hes a escaped lunie! Its too risky!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: January 08, 2013, 11:51:51 am »

The "D:" alone gives it away! :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:46 pm »

Well, he registered today, so I will apply democracy. Somebody that registered just today and posts in a thread like this, where all information is confidental and valuable.

Vote. Just post "yes" or "no".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: January 08, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

no
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 225