Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352266 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2625 on: July 24, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »

Well this is interesting... I appear to have found a firewall which should not exist, according to level minimum stated on the forums. It's rating is 0.4; they aren't supposed to go below 0.5 according to this http://www.slavehack.com/includes2/includes/forum.php?&action=viewtopic&topic=68821&cat=6
It's on an NPC which also has a fwl 1.3

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 24, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »

What is the IP of the NPC?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 24, 2011, 09:49:34 pm »

Eh, I'll pm it.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 24, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »

Quite strange.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 24, 2011, 10:29:09 pm »

I'd like to play this game, but I just get pwned after my first hour instantly, and when I check back in later I have 20 high-level viruses.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2630 on: July 24, 2011, 10:30:14 pm »

Its not like having a spammer virus on your computer matters. It doesn't degrade your performance or allow anyone to track you. All it does is take up some space really.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 25, 2011, 01:57:52 am »

If you've just started, format the HDD and reset your IP. Having other players know your IP can be a problem because some will delete or hide all of your programs in addition to installing malware. And I thought that having viruses degraded your connection?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 25, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

If you've just started, format the HDD and reset your IP. Having other players know your IP can be a problem because some will delete or hide all of your programs in addition to installing malware. And I thought that having viruses degraded your connection?
Only warez viruses do that.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:41 am »

Wut? No virus damages your hardware.

DDoS does, if you're attacked by it, but it doesn't require the attackee to have the virus on them.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:59 am »

DDoS does, if you're attacked by it, but it doesn't require the attackee to have the virus on them.
Warez viruses sap their connection. It even tells you how much connection was used by the virus when you cash in with them.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 25, 2011, 07:23:37 am »

Warez viruses sap their connection. It even tells you how much connection was used by the virus when you cash in with them.

No, it tells you how much warez was sold. It measures it in MB.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2636 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:13 am »

No virus degrades your ability to do stuff except a DDOS, which destroys your hardware. All other viruses have no direct negative impact on your performance. Only one virus allows you to be tracked after an IP change, and that is the only thing it does.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 25, 2011, 08:12:46 am »

The issue with letting virii be on your hard drive is you are in someones slave list and they can be logged into you. Normally by the time you have a virus on your hard drive though, your bank accounts have been stolen and your list of slaves.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2638 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:45 am »

The issue with letting virii be on your hard drive is you are in someones slave list and they can be logged into you. Normally by the time you have a virus on your hard drive though, your bank accounts have been stolen and your list of slaves.
You go on someone's slave list the instant they crack your computer, it doesn't matter if they put a virus on you or not.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 25, 2011, 10:16:40 am »

You go on someone's slave list the instant they crack your computer, it doesn't matter if they put a virus on you or not.
But you can change your Ip then, not if they have a virus on you.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 225