Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1639315 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #9885 on: August 01, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »

Edit: @Vector: BUY A KILT

* Descan fires the kilt beam!

But I'm feeeeemaaaale
It's a damn skirt either way, it's just insecure Scots saying "It's not a skirt it's a kilt!"

It'd be like saying "They're not pants damnit, they're jeans!"

they're a subset, nothing more.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: August 02, 2014, 01:38:27 am »

@Descan: You just like to see men in skirts, don't you?

@Vector: The most common mistake people make when buying suits is thinking that the expensive ones are better than the cheap ones by defalut. And that's wrong - ill-fitting Gucci suits look much worse than well-tailored M&S ones, so instead of saving for a pricey suit, you'd be better off saving for an affordable suit and a tailor instead.

Or just go on ebay - you can find some amazing deals if you are lucky.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: August 02, 2014, 09:53:06 am »

Urg.

I hate shopping.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:29 am »

Hey Knit, do you have any tips on choosing a taylor? I want a bespoke hat/cap, but I haven't found a taylor yet.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: August 02, 2014, 11:30:23 am »

I hear Lautner is a good fit.

Stay away from Swift though.

@Knit: Well, for one, Vector is a woman, so... wat? Also, yes, men in skirts = yes.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: August 02, 2014, 11:31:46 am »

Isn't that cross dressing, though?

Surely if something is male attire, a kilt is.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: August 02, 2014, 11:35:20 am »

Indeed, a Kilt as a male attire. Even if not so, nobody said that skirts need be a female-only clothing. Culture and religion defined it as such. Otherwise there is no definite rule that skirts are a female clothing.

And if we go by that analogy, then a Kilt, using cultural bias, is a male attire and nobody can be non-the-wiser.

Also, Vector is not crossdressing. She's doing just fine on that note.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: August 02, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

Hey Knit, do you have any tips on choosing a taylor? I want a bespoke hat/cap, but I haven't found a taylor yet.
I am afraid a tailor won't cut it for you, Helgo - you'll need a hatter for that, and these people you'll be hard pressed to find in daylight with a lantern nowadays. The only bespoke hatters I know of live in Paris and Milan and cater to the needs of pernickety pseudo-aristocrats, such as the fictional Jep Gambardella and the quite real Reginald-Jerome de Mans, with appropriately exorbitant prices.

What type of hat do you want? Because I probably will be able to find a nice off-the rack one for you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: August 02, 2014, 11:51:19 am »

What's wrong with cross-dressing? Women do it all the time by wearing pants. :V

And yeah, it's a skirt, but skirts are not female only? :V Just like shirts. A blouse tends to be female only, but just because that is, doesn't make all shirts female only.

I'm only saying female only for clarity, I don't really think they *are* female only, but I'm talking culturally here, well... Western/Euro culture.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: August 02, 2014, 11:53:46 am »

I am afraid a tailor won't cut it for you, Helgo - you'll need a mad hatter for that. May I suggest searching down your nearest rabbit hole?
FTFY

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: August 02, 2014, 11:58:11 am »

What's wrong with cross-dressing? Women do it all the time by wearing pants. :V

And yeah, it's a skirt, but skirts are not female only? :V Just like shirts. A blouse tends to be female only, but just because that is, doesn't make all shirts female only.

I'm only saying female only for clarity, I don't really think they *are* female only, but I'm talking culturally here, well... Western/Euro culture.
Given that pants are made differently for men, women, and unisex applications, I don't think you can count them as cross dressing. Unless you live in a place with backward religious laws, of course.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: August 02, 2014, 12:15:20 pm »

I am afraid a tailor won't cut it for you, Helgo - you'll need a mad hatter for that. May I suggest searching down your nearest rabbit hole?
FTFY

Hehe. Exactly what I thought, but I discounted it. Helgo ain't no Alice, he'd be incapable of finding Wonderland.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: August 02, 2014, 12:47:25 pm »

I wear female shirts (blouses?) on a semi-regular basis because they're comfortable, dang it.
But that may be because of where I live, people seem to think that men's clothing should be designed for work, not comfort, so they're itchy.
EDIT: Actually, I think the first picture I took of me was when I was wearing one.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:38 pm »

I am afraid a tailor won't cut it for you, Helgo - you'll need a hatter for that, and these people you'll be hard pressed to find in daylight with a lantern nowadays. The only bespoke hatters I know of live in Paris and Milan and cater to the needs of pernickety pseudo-aristocrats, such as the fictional Jep Gambardella and the quite real Reginald-Jerome de Mans, with appropriately exorbitant prices.
Huh - my dad had his cap made by my mom's dad, a tailor, and when that one wore out he went to another tailor. But I'll take your advice: I was looking for something like a kepi, but more flexible and civilian-appropriate. And sufficiently wide - all members of my family are quite stubborn*.

*Pun only works in German. Funniness may vary.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: August 02, 2014, 01:58:09 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:33:28 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 988