Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1634934 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! With love from the middle of everywhere.
« Reply #7710 on: September 01, 2013, 11:38:35 am »

Damn! Why's he try to knife you?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: September 01, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »

Apparently, there are "happy endings" for the depressed, tread upon, different outcast weirdos of the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh and I'm in the picture, too ;)
Congrats, bro!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: September 01, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

Damn! Why's he try to knife you?
As far as anyone can tell, me included, he was just looking to hurt someone. I didn't know him. He was just another student, and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. You know how life is.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: September 01, 2013, 01:11:15 pm »

Could have been worse.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: September 01, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

And now whenever you want to impress or intimidate someone or just say something interesting about yourself, you can tell the story about how you were jumped by a guy with a knife while empty handed, and won the fight with only minor injuries.  Total win.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: September 01, 2013, 02:26:46 pm »

I was going to say, by the way, that I know quite well what self-harm scars usually look like and I really don't think anyone is going to get confused.

You're a boss, Wubadub :I

EDIT: Not from self-inflicted experience, seriously.  But I'm familiar with seeing them on other people.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:03:22 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: September 01, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

Congratulations, Siquo!

And dang, webadict. That's some crazy stuff. I'm glad you're okay.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: September 01, 2013, 03:23:04 pm »

I agree, Siquo. Nice look.

I was going to say, by the way, that I know quite well what self-harm scars usually look like and I really don't think anyone is going to get confused.

You're a boss, Wubadub :I
Haha, I didn't feel like a boss when I was talking to the paramedic and noticed my fly was still down. But, I do now. Especially since my friends in high school used to play a game called Assassins. Since this, I have been told that I'm now the official winner of all time.

Could have been worse.
Easily my biggest relief was how lucky I was. You see in movies how people easily stop knives, but that's not how it works in real life. Knives are deadly. One wrong move, and you could be fatally injured. My ex-girlfriend had a self-defense course where they told her this advice for dealing with someone with a knife: Run. And I wholeheartedly agree.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #7718 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »

Webadict - thanks for sharing that. I'm sure it'll settle down, and it'll be one great story some years from now (it already is, for us outsiders reading about it). I'm really glad he turned out OK. What happened to the stabber? Did police get him eventually?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »

Webadict - thanks for sharing that. I'm sure it'll settle down, and it'll be one great story some years from now (it already is, for us outsiders reading about it). I'm really glad he turned out OK. What happened to the stabber? Did police get him eventually?
The guy never got away from the scene. When I yelled for help, a guy came sprinting, and he and a few other students made sure he didn't leave. He was arrested on the scene when they found the knife in the bathroom trashcan.

The guy plead guilty to second degree assault and was sentenced to 80 days and 5 years probation. He blamed the attack on a type of medication he was on.

Again, I didn't realize how lucky that was. Haha, I'm fairly lucky when it matters, I suppose.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: September 01, 2013, 08:17:54 pm »

So, I figured I'd share a photo that probably will never mean as much to anyone but me, but hopefully, you can take away something positive from it. It's not too long of a story, and there might not even be a lesson in it, but I could've easily died and that's really all that matters to me.

-Story Snip-

Glad you're okay. I would have thought trying to cut someone's throat was Attempted Homicide, not Assault... but as long as he never does it again, the sentence doesn't matter.

One of the reasons to be glad for always being on edge, I suppose!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: September 01, 2013, 10:09:18 pm »

So, I figured I'd share a photo that probably will never mean as much to anyone but me, but hopefully, you can take away something positive from it. It's not too long of a story, and there might not even be a lesson in it, but I could've easily died and that's really all that matters to me.

-Story Snip-

Glad you're okay. I would have thought trying to cut someone's throat was Attempted Homicide, not Assault... but as long as he never does it again, the sentence doesn't matter.

One of the reasons to be glad for always being on edge, I suppose!
Was more aimed for the stomach, but I agree. I did sort of opt for more probation over a longer sentence, though.

Anyway, I'd rather be less on edge. It wears you out quickly. I've been having to deal with that for a while now.

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »

@ webadict.

Wait, damn, he did not even threaten you, he just went in for the kill?
That's cringe worthy stuff.
I consider my country a rather shitty place to be, and being threatened by a mugger with a knife is some sort of "oh, yeah, at some point it'll happen" thought.
Hell, even I have been threatened with a knife once, I just gave him my cash, a chewing gum and a Billy Idol stereo tape. ('twas back in the days. And not a word about my musical preferences, eh? :D ) And he left without a word.
I never thought he would stab me. I bet he never did either.

And nowadays I still contemplate the possibility of being randomly beaten when I return home at night, but never for a second did I have the reason to fear that I may get killed. 

My story is piss compared with yours, mate.
Glad you survived.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:00:00 pm by Nospherat »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: September 02, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »

Did you get to keep the knife?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:02 am »

@ webadict.

Wait, damn, he did not even threaten you, he just went in for the kill?
That's cringe worthy stuff.
I consider my country a rather shitty place to be, and being threatened by a mugger with a knife is some sort of "oh, yeah, at some point it'll happen" thought.
Hell, even I have been threatened with a knife once, I just gave him my cash, a chewing gum and a Billy Idol stereo tape. ('twas back in the days. And not a word about my musical preferences, eh? :D ) And he left without a word.
I never thought he would stab me. I bet he never did either.

And nowadays I still contemplate the possibility of being randomly beaten when I return home at night, but never for a second did I have the reason to fear that I may get killed. 

My story is piss compared with yours, mate.
Glad you survived.
Nope. No threat. Completely unexpected. I'd like to attribute my lack of being seriously hurt to my fast reflexes, but, just thinking about it... He could've done much, much worse. Something that didn't give me time to react. It's scary.

Did you get to keep the knife?
Well, the knife isn't mine, so no, but I'm also sure the knife is in evidence and will be for a long time. I mean, they took my clothes from the incident. I haven't gotten those back...

Plus, I wouldn't want it. It'd be a reminder of the event. The scar, on the other hand, is better, since it's a reminder of how I survived.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 988