Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1636579 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Be good in my absence now!
« Reply #5085 on: June 10, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

You're in the green shirt.
We have a winner!
Fun fact: I was on Bay 12 when that picture was taken.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: June 10, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »

Your avvie text said long haired, so I just went with that.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: June 10, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »

This thread makes me insecure. So many bay12ers are secretly handsome or otherwise good-looking.

Bay 12: Home of Attractive Nerds

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: June 10, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

This thread makes me insecure. So many bay12ers are secretly handsome or otherwise good-looking.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that physical beauty and intelligence have a positive correlation, hmm... lets check the Google!

"Studies have been conducted that have demonstrated a positive correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence. A study conducted by Kanazawa in Britain found that after controlling factors such as race, social class, body type and health, beautiful men have, on average, an IQ score about 13.6 higher than the average looking man. While beautiful women have an IQ score about 11.4 higher than the average looking woman."

So as mine's 36 higher than the average and as I'm assuming the rules of Mathematics are bent to my will (I shall smite down those who object!) I must be as good looking as 2.65 beautiful men! That's the nicest compliment Wikipedia's ever given me <3
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: June 10, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »

You haven't seen me. I've had people flee from me. It does not feel good.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: June 10, 2012, 11:55:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that physical beauty and intelligence have a positive correlation, hmm... lets check the Google!

"Studies have been conducted that have demonstrated a positive correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence. A study conducted by Kanazawa in Britain found that after controlling factors such as race, social class, body type and health, beautiful men have, on average, an IQ score about 13.6 higher than the average looking man. While beautiful women have an IQ score about 11.4 higher than the average looking woman."

So as mine's 36 higher than the average and as I'm assuming the rules of Mathematics are bent to my will (I shall smite down those who object!) I must be as good looking as 2.65 beautiful men! That's the nicest compliment Wikipedia's ever given me <3
Huh. I must have broken the curve back into ugly nerd territory. I score around 175 regularly. During the IQ test we took for Psych in High School (it took an entire week of classes,) I scored 177, which was 56 points higher than the next highest person in the class.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:27 am »

Huh. I must have broken the curve back into ugly nerd territory. I score around 175 regularly. During the IQ test we took for Psych in High School (it took an entire week of classes,) I scored 177, which was 56 points higher than the next highest person in the class.
0.o
Whoa.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: June 11, 2012, 12:49:55 am »

0.o
Whoa.
That was the same reaction I had. Then, I laughed, because pfffffff.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:59 am »

177 eh?

Based in IQ alone, and not taking social skills into account, I scored 153 at age 12.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:40 am »

177 eh?

Based in IQ alone, and not taking social skills into account, I scored 153 at age 12.
High-IQ-Five!

I still have to take the Mensa test. Can't afford it. That would look damn good on a resume, though.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:28 am »

138 for me.

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: June 11, 2012, 01:36:50 am »

Oh wow, it's been a while, but I've been busy and I have embarrasing awesome pictures for you!

Let's see.

This is the 0700AM wake-up call from my last airsoft event.
http://youtu.be/_2bhdGyye2Y
(for those of a more impatient nature, the fun starts at the 30s mark)
Charming. Lovely. So gentle, so calm and peaceful. We were really pampered with that one.
I don't have too many pictures at this point, it's too early, we've just got back home, but I promise you more.
Anyways:

Some (about a quarter-ish) of the guys in the blue faction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The small green faction (the rebels) in their blasted village, which we assaulted 9 times over the course of 10 hours, with horrible casualties and didn't manage to do squat.
That place was a fortress.
Having to climb a few steep hills, through a incredibly wet forest, crawl under wire fences, pass one muddy ravine, climb one boiling-hot, sunny, exposed hill and then face them in close-quarters battle while they have the home-town advantage?
Murderously FUN!
Good grief, it was insane. 

At the end of the game, as a reward, the Field Marshals let us unite the Red and the Blue, to try and storm the Green Rebels, and we barely, and I do mean barely did it.

One of the two airplanes that did a bit of a show at the game opening.
Low-flying passes, smoke, a paratrooper, and stuff. I hope someone else got better pics.

The red faction, or rather, again, about a quarter of it
These guys were a huge pain in the ass. They were uphill from us, about 1.5km in a straight line, but a whole lot more because of the terrain.
We had to deal with them, while trying to deal with the rebels aswell.
Oh boy.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: June 11, 2012, 02:00:12 am »

Wow. That looks incredible.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: June 11, 2012, 02:01:26 am »

My word, that sounds swell. Was that done by a local organization, or what? Seems like it'd be hard to get hundreds of people all coordinated for such a thing. Mighty fun though, it seems.

Spoiler: IQ tangent (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:44 am »

All done by a local airsoft club, with some funding and sponsorship from local airsoft shops.
My pictures really do no justice to this event, I was too busy playing. But we had other field photographers, and guess what, I have pictures from two more events for you, when I'll get a breather from work.

And yes, airsoft is jolly good fun!
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 988