Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1638426 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Friends don't take pictures of drunk friends. Especially girlfriends shouldn't.

Oh, and for bragging rights: This is my living-room view: I've got 2 pirate ships in front of my house. ARRR!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:42:49 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and for bragging rights: This is my living-room view: I've got 2 pirate ships in front of my house. ARRR!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's not a pirate ship, that's a threemasted fullrigger. Looks like Stad Amsterdam considering the missing royal t'gallant on the mizzen mast. [/sailshipnerd]

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Nerd. You're even right. And the one barely visible on the left is a copy of 18th century merchant ship Amsterdam (not really pirate material, either).

But if I want to pretend my living room is a pirate cove, I goddamn will! 

Edit: Fixed that smiley tharrr!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:48:13 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

watcha talkin about we have plenty of pirate smileys

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

It already whites out the $10000 camera.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

And I now understand why Kael does not have a beard.

Srsly, man, why is your name not "KaelGotFire"?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been participating in the tall ships races the last couple of years as a trainee (means I pay money to be part of a ship's crew...). Been meaning to post some pictures so here's a small sample.

Spoiler: The ship I sailed on (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fairly pirate-y ship (click to show/hide)

About dutch sailing ships... All sail ships have limited living space and need lots of crew, but somehow almost all dutch ships seem to be able to fit in a large bar and/or disco. The 'Eendracht' and 'Wylde Swan' are notorious for this.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

russian pirates? sounds like a pretty good description of dwarves

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Wait, your paying people so they let you do manual labor on a boat? Seems a bit odd...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tall ships are horribly expensive to maintain, and the main income is from 'paying crew' like me. You do get some return on investment though, like training and instruction from the professional crew, food (usually very good chefs on board) and accomodation (a hammock and two hooks in the ceiling just for you!)  and a bit of an adventure. This year I sailed along the scottish coast and up to Shetland, last year we roamed the area between Denmark and Sweden. I haven't participated in the racing part of the regattas yet though, need to get in better shape first I think...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:34:32 am by olemars »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Wait, your paying people so they let you do manual labor on a boat? Seems a bit odd...
Clearly you have never been sailing.
It is like a vacation for people who are too cool to walk around with a camera and look like a tool, except with that one guy who can't keep down he's lunch for the first few days.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

What he doesn't tell you is that he keeps the loot he plunders.  ;D
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

i dont think you can discuss piracy on the forum
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 988