Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1636181 times)

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WARNING! The following picture contains douchebaggery. You have been warned.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A picture from a gig back in 2008 maybe? The mic line broke in the middle of the song so I just showered myself in water and headbanged for the rest of the song, luckily it was the last song we played that night.
And finally, some fun at a pub.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

Hmmm... what kind of (I presume) Metal do you play?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Metal-ish music indeed, and the good kind.;) It's a mix of different styles ranging from guns n' roses-like to panteraesque and beyond... You can listen to two older songs here.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Estonia, eh?

If Estonia is anything like Finland, you've got metal in your damn blood.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Yeah.  It's called iron, ya ponce.

And now I understand why Halindir may have taken offense at being called Swedish-looking...  Since he is Danish, it means that he is in fact not Swedish.  And as a Dane, he is almost as knowledgeable about the Swedish truth as Norwegians are.

Almost.

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

Almost.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Varg Vikernes sez "Norway has oil and fish, Sweden has advanced technology and industry, and Denmark has..., well, pardon my ignorance, what do you have?"

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

Scandinavia isn't Sid Meiers Civilization.

*sounds too butthurt*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:31:53 pm by Halindir »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Denmark had awesome Vikings, the most succesful of all, no?
They were christianized a bit too early though :/

That bein said, Týr is from Denmark, so it's okay I guess

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

No, Týr is from the Faroe Islands. Though its a part of the Danish Kingdom, those islands are still a country
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:48:14 pm by Halindir »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Týr guys live in Copenhagen, IIRC?

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

That i know nothing about

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Denmark has beer and that untranslatable concept of 'hyggelig' or however it's spelled.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Oi!  We've got 'hyggelig' too!  And several other untranslatable words to boot!

...actually, Danish and Norwegian are exceptionally close languages.  Swedish is also quite similar.  However, all three languages have wildly different manners of speech, so just because the words may be similar doesn't mean that you can understand them all in one go.

Beer, however...  Yeah.  We're kinda lacking on the alcohol field.  Sure, we've got enough of it, but it's horrifically expensive and difficult to get hold of, and most of the beer is surprisingly lackluster.

And for such lackluster beer, going out and paying $10 a glass at a (reasonably priced!) pub isn't exactly fun.  Especially when combined with the Norwegian capacity (and penchant) for alcohol consumption.

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've got beautiful women, cheap GOOD beer (about $4 a glass in a reasonable pub, $2 a bottle in a store) and good music. We've also got shitty weather, annoying politicians and cold, shy and unfriendly people but I don't mind, I'm quite used to it. Also our "eastern vikings" from the island of Saaremaa kicked some serious ass back in the 10th or 11th century. If some people think that we're closer to latvians and lithuanians (being called the Baltic countries etc.) I personally have always felt as a part of the Northern countries and more close to Finland and Sweden.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 988