Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1636195 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

those look like something you'd eat on a funeral, not a wedding. :P they look beautifull and tasty, if a bit bitter

i read somewhere that you never cut you hair, this got me curious, is this a religious thing or something? could you expand a bit on it? if you're confortable with the theme of course

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I show support.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

those look like something you'd eat on a funeral, not a wedding. :P they look beautifull and tasty, if a bit bitter

The photos don't do them real justice: they were actually very brightly-colored and totally slathered with jam + blueberries + strawberries.  The filling was also pretty sweet (though I'll admit that all the fruit was likely on the sour side).  For reference, the shirt I was wearing was actually dark green, not black >_<

i read somewhere that you never cut you hair, this got me curious, is this a religious thing or something? could you expand a bit on it? if you're confortable with the theme of course

Haha, it's just family tradition with a side dish of personal stubbornness.  My family is from the country and very into... well, I'm not entirely sure how to explain it.  Fairies.  Magic.  Spirits.  Not wicca or anything institutionalized, just the general idea.  It's something of a matriarchy, with heavy pressure on women of future generations to be beautiful and strong.  For us, "beautiful" means lots of long flowing hair and dresses (to the point of looking like a fairy queen, in essence), with "strong" meaning "equal to a man in all respects."  My mother fenced off pastures, built a house + storage shed, and hauled bags of dirt on her back up a hill--all with long brown hair to her knees and a shy demeanor.  Her sister landscaped the entire family property herself, and my tiny, five-foot-tall cousin spent a while doing construction work professionally.

As for me... when I was in middle-school, I beat my aunt arm-wrestling.  My aunt shoes horses for a living.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Hmmm, my family doesn't have an overall goal.  They just go on doing whatever.  No religion or ethnic, no parties or group meetings or anything of that nature.  The only thing they do for entertainment is watch TV.  They're dull but caring I could say.  I could never connect with them.

I always have this jealousy of everyone, but it's none of my business.

Also my post was deleted when I finished it so half of this is missing.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP AND POST PICS LIKE YOUR SUPPOSED TO!!

What he said.

Also:
Warning - while you were reading 26 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Sweet Armok.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

Haha, it's just family tradition with a side dish of personal stubbornness.  My family is from the country and very into... well, I'm not entirely sure how to explain it.  Fairies.  Magic.  Spirits.  Not wicca or anything institutionalized, just the general idea.  It's something of a matriarchy, with heavy pressure on women of future generations to be beautiful and strong.  For us, "beautiful" means lots of long flowing hair and dresses (to the point of looking like a fairy queen, in essence), with "strong" meaning "equal to a man in all respects."  My mother fenced off pastures, built a house + storage shed, and hauled bags of dirt on her back up a hill--all with long brown hair to her knees and a shy demeanor.  Her sister landscaped the entire family property herself, and my tiny, five-foot-tall cousin spent a while doing construction work professionally.

As for me... when I was in middle-school, I beat my aunt arm-wrestling.  My aunt shoes horses for a living.

that's interesting. my family is not interesting, tough if me and my gf count as a family, we're both into fairies and telluric mysticism. we're both atheists with a strong opinion against mysticism and superstition, yet we fail to resist *nature's charm*. las year i bought a couple of "bottled gnomes" from etsy, and i made three moss terrariums with tiny toadstools, ladybugs and ladybug fairies. Ladybugs in Portuguese are called Joaninhas(little Joanas) and her name is Joana, so it's an obvious recurring theme. we live in the city, tough, by the sea, where it always smells fishy

now the manly part of this post
i actually think my hair is more like aquizzar's avatar, and no one can question aquizzar's manliness

i just wish i had a chin like that

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wedding photos reminded me that somewhere on the internet, there is a picture of me in a suit, doing the Watusi at my sister's wedding. I pray that ghost never rises from its photographic grave. Nevertheless, here's some old and new photos that you can actually see me in.

Haha, it's just family tradition with a side dish of personal stubbornness.  My family is from the country and very into... well, I'm not entirely sure how to explain it.  Fairies.  Magic.  Spirits.  Not wicca or anything institutionalized, just the general idea.

My mom has a thing for mysticism... she knows a lot about herbalism, mushrooms, medicinal plant use, and so on, and taught me a good bit about it too. She's also gets the yearly Magical Almanac, which is sort of a mysticism-equivalent of the Farmer's Almanac... it's got a lot of folklore and folk-remedies mixed in with the sort of things I think you're referring to. I find it interesting to read through.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Y'know, it's funny...   I almost never write it, and yet I seem to be one of the very, very few people who has never put a "u" in "Aqizzar".  Of course, I've been called Kangus before. 

I do have to wonder sometimes about where these extra letters come from...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Aqizzar, it'd be the fact it's been beaten into English speakers from the moment they started to learn to write. U follows Q, anything that doesn't is a deviant and must be shunned.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Either this year has been a year for weddings, or nobody wants to show what they look like when not dressed up XD

I may post a pic sometime by month's end
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Vector Smiles!  :D

Askot looks Rockabilly! Not Manga! Which is Usually Objectively Ugly!  :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Look at me I'm a still cross-country traveling attention whore!

and wow these new smilies suck.
Spoiler: Recent performances (click to show/hide)

So yeah, that's what I've been doing since I've been gone.

And once again... pyroninja
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Oh, and Askot has a pretty GF!

(attention whores need love, too ;) )

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

One cannot ignore the Lord Fire, the one who fears not the most primeval element and tool of man. One who harnesses it around his body to create displays of entertainment.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 988