Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1635899 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Your pets are adorabledible!
« Reply #5835 on: October 20, 2012, 03:54:53 pm »

I've been bucket since Team Fortress Classic.

I've been buckets for a while too. Seeing as our avatars a pretty different, it shouldn't be a problem.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: October 21, 2012, 05:04:20 am »

His name is Felix. Because when i got him i was too young to think of a creative name.
When I was young, pet names were always a big deal to me. I insisted that our dogs be able to say their own names (Wolfgang, Rufus, Arthur).
My black cat is named Wormwood.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:34 am »

My first kitty was called Pat. I miss her :(
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:18 am »

The first cat I remember was named Inches. This long-haired, black-and-white thing.

His name is Felix. Because when i got him i was too young to think of a creative name.
When I was young, pet names were always a big deal to me. I insisted that our dogs be able to say their own names (Wolfgang, Rufus, Arthur).
My black cat is named Wormwood.
We had this really friendly orange tabby we named Loki, but he ran off one day. Just vanished.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: October 21, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »

My cat, now deceased, was called Madeleine. Sometimes "Mad". It was rescued from a testing facility in Melbourne Uni; a tip off was given to the uni that the police were going to raid and rescue some animals in 1991, so the uni gave Mad to my aunty. She didn't have a place for it, so she gave it to us, as we lived in a huge house in Oakleigh back then. Then I was born, and Mad went to live with my grandparents. :P

Awesome cat. Don't know what breed she was, but she had a pretty good temperament.
Though there was this one time, when my brother was a toddler, he pulled Mad's tail and she clawed him across the face. Mortal fear of cats until he was six.

Mad eventually died one weekend when we were away; she fell in the pool and couldn't get out. (Our pool was in a rental; it had been in such poor condition from previous renters that it was little more than a pond of green sludge. Our efforts with chlorine were to no avail.

RIP Madeleine "Mad". c1989-2000

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: October 21, 2012, 05:27:13 pm »

Looks like we're sharing cat stories..

Old we cat had, Dewey. He was the best cat, rest his soul. Apparently my dad found him at a bar one night when this little kitten just jumped in his car and rode home with him. Guess my dad figured if a strange cat from a bar was brave enough to hop in his car, he's worthy of being kept. When Dewey was about 4 or so, he went missing for a year, then one day, my parents magically found him. I still do not understand how this is even possible, to lose a cat for a year, then randomly find him on the streets. My parents always told me he would sit above my crib when i was a baby and hiss at anybody who got near me. guardian cat of sorts. He would guard the house with his life, fighting off stray dogs and raccoons and other wild animals. He lived to be stupidly old, 17 or so, then one day, like Reudh's cat, we found him in our pool  :-\ He was so old though that i'm pretty sure he just offed himself and it wasn't an accident. Best cat ever.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: October 21, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

15 or so years ago, we got a kitten from my grandparents, whose cat had had kittens. My father (who actually doesn't particularly like cats, and has a mild allergy to them) named her "LC" (Elsie), for "Little Cat". As time went on, she grew, and the name stood for "Large Cat". Then, not long after a move, she disappeared and we never saw her again. The name now stands for "Lost Cat".
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: October 21, 2012, 09:00:20 pm »

Oooo, cat stories!

Alright, I used to have 6 cats, I now have 3:
The oldest one we had was 'Bowser". Creative, yeah. Nothing paticularly interesting. We decided to put her down when she couldn't stand up anymore.
The next oldest one was 'Boots' He just dissapeared a little while ago.
What the hell what that other cat...
Oh yeah, another, Molly, a small little fluffball. She dissapeared. Thinking neighbors did it.
And the three we currently have:
Charlie, he's pretty chill and talkative. He's an... everycat?
Waldo, my little buddy, he is. He's quite chubby, and fuzzy. I posted a picture of him a while back.
And then there was Smoky. This cat is just... I don't even... He's scrawny, and he doesn't even meow. He barks, screechs, or hisses at you. Its weird.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: October 21, 2012, 10:12:57 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:33 pm »

My god. Win.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: October 21, 2012, 10:23:17 pm »

I approve. Of both.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: October 21, 2012, 10:26:56 pm »

We need a more current picture of you, Kai. :p

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: October 21, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »

Maybe later :P And since we're showing off pets, I'll snap a shot of my jerkass cat.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: October 23, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »

Too much talk, not enough photography.

Time to post my Rape Face!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

Maximilian-Aurea rings a bell for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 988