Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 988

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1638316 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #10875 on: November 12, 2014, 12:42:45 am »

Looks like someone skipped Suits 101 :P
This is why I don't suit suits.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

Not really.
:D
I didn't notice at first, but I kinda agree - which is a shame, because suits apparently look good on you, Baug.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:23 am »

I'm jealous of your hair, Spessh. Mine just generally looks fairly shitty and I don't really know what to do with it. vOv

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: November 12, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

I don't really know what to do with mine either. Don't like styling or gel or anything, don't like shorter hair. It just sorta does its own thing. Wash it once every one or two days with anti-dandruff shampoo, dry it with a hairdryer, done. When I was younger I had a haircut pretty much just like yours though.

I've been considering trying to grow white guy dreads sometime. No idea how that would look. Or how my hair might handle it. Or how I'd care for said hairstyle. Would be funny to try though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: November 12, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

Nice suit brah.
Not really. Unbutton the lowest button, shorten trousers, put on a lightly coloured shirt.
I will never do any of those things. They are all madness. Except the trousers thing, yes. It's hard to find ones that fit me around these parts. But why even have buttons if they aren't going to be buttoned? And if I'm forced to wear a tie in the first place, I'm going to keep it from being glaring and obnoxious, so dark shirt with dark tie (or, if I'm wearing a light suit and light tie for some reason, then a light shirt I guess).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: November 12, 2014, 11:14:03 am »

You can't have three buttons buttoned D:

That's like wearing your pants inside-out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: November 12, 2014, 11:34:13 am »

Nice suit brah.
Not really. Unbutton the lowest button, shorten trousers, put on a lightly coloured shirt.
I will never do any of those things. They are all madness. Except the trousers thing, yes. It's hard to find ones that fit me around these parts. But why even have buttons if they aren't going to be buttoned? And if I'm forced to wear a tie in the first place, I'm going to keep it from being glaring and obnoxious, so dark shirt with dark tie (or, if I'm wearing a light suit and light tie for some reason, then a light shirt I guess).
Nobody's telling you to go out and buy a MLP tie. White shirt, wine-red tie? Or a beige one, if you must. Or you could just not wear a tie and go open collar - but get a white shirt. Black looks like wannabe tough guy, at least to me. Not on you in particular, but generally.
(Might have to do with the fact that wannabe tough guys appear to often go for black shirts :D )

The last button thing is a necessity though - buttoning a suit all the way makes one look like a sausage. The fabric needs some room, yo!
Plus I believe your undies are sticking out, or what's that white bit above your crotch?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:21 am »

Nice suit brah.
You can always go for a dark tie on a white or a light blue shirt - the look is widely recognised as a classic. As for the pants - have them tailored, it's quick and cheap.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:43 am »

Red shirt, black tie.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: November 12, 2014, 12:08:37 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:57:42 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: November 12, 2014, 12:11:56 pm »

Is he Russian? Because otherwise that's a rather weird sentiment...
The Bay12 postcard club

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: November 12, 2014, 12:54:20 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:56:14 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: November 12, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »

Man, the only time I'm wearing a suit will be my funeral (which I'm certain I will get despite requesting to not have one.) Even then, I won't put it on voluntarily.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: November 12, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

Nobody's telling you to go out and buy a MLP tie. White shirt, wine-red tie? Or a beige one, if you must. Or you could just not wear a tie and go open collar - but get a white shirt. Black looks like wannabe tough guy, at least to me. Not on you in particular, but generally.
(Might have to do with the fact that wannabe tough guys appear to often go for black shirts :D )

The last button thing is a necessity though - buttoning a suit all the way makes one look like a sausage. The fabric needs some room, yo!
Plus I believe your undies are sticking out, or what's that white bit above your crotch?
Any tie that contrasts the shirt (or shirt which contrasts the coat) enough to serve as an eyecatching arrow directly toward my crotch is one too obnoxious. And, in retrospect, I don't think I can pull off a white suit. So I'll be sticking with the black shirts, advice be damned. I know what I prefer >________>

You may be right about the sausage thing, though. Could use a coat that fits less tightly, or a gut less wide - I maintain that if the third button were not meant to be buttoned, it would not be on the coat.

As for the white bit, an inconvenient reflection off a belt buckle. My undies that day were also black :P

EDIT: I do appreciate the helpful advice, however, even if I am ignoring the bulk of it due to being an asshole.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: November 12, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »

Nice suit brah.

Meh, I wouldn't let douchebags ruin clothes for me myself. Not particularly a fan of black shirts, but they look nice if you color-invert - i.e. black shirt, white vest, white dress pants. Or black shirt, red tie, black suit. I like black, red and white in all combinations, really. Nice contrast/accent pairings. Black on dark blue on black makes you look like you're trying to hide in the shadows like a particularly classy ninja.

The third button is there for a) decorative purposes, because it simply looks different with two, and b) because if there were only two, people would leave the lower one open, going against the entire point.

Man, the whole discussion reminds me how I wish I had a proper, nice suit instead of that sleeved plastic bag that dares to call itself one. But monies ;_;

E: The entire point of a tie is to provide a bit of interest. Otherwise, you could pull a Foucault and wear a turtleneck under a suit jacket and call it a day. 's nice too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 988