Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer to Fortress?  (Read 611 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Adventurer to Fortress?
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »

This occured to me as I was 'venturing. If my little adventurer was to clear out a dark fortress of all inhabitants, then "retire as peasant" (or give into starvation), and then if I were to switch to Fortress mode, and embark on that same tower, what would be there?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer to Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:56 pm »

Your adventurer's corpse.  I don't believe you're allowed to retire anywhere but human towns...  Anyway, you'll find a corpse left to rot if you aren't the same species as the adventurer...if you are, you can bury her.

If I'm wrong and it will allow you to retire there, (or if you retire to a town and embark on top of it) I'm pretty sure you will find the adventurer as a common NPC, waiting for you to slaughter her.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »

I meant the fortress will be empty, yeah? And all the adventurers equipment will be strewn around everywhere?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:57 pm »

Yes to the above. Also, you can retire in any town/retreat/tower/etc. so long as you haven't killed anyone in that location's civ.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:09:05 pm »

Nice... I'm going to retire all my multi-legendary adventurers in the same town, so that when I'll embark on it I will have a powerful ally (or a fearsome foe, if I were at war with that race).