Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblin Towers  (Read 3157 times)

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Towers
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 01:18:22 pm »

So after killing the demon in my last Fortress I went there as an adventurer and failed.

In my stupidity I accidentally drained the river into the deep roads so have resolved to go back and block it up.

Upon arrival I get this message.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's see how it changes as I move on through the world and eliminate the demons.
Shall report in with blocking attempts and demon killings.

EDIT: The new place has three towers and a temple. The temple has a giant hole down the center and is full of water at the bottom, the floor being engraved. They have a swimming pool how awesome! The demon i on top of the temple, so i've cut off the ramps to give me time.

EDIT2: Collapsing the tower beneath the demon didnt work. HE CAN FLY.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I imagine him there going hey look dwarves. What the...the floor has disappeared. Ah well I'm here flying.

EDIT 3: Built a floor above him and dropped it on his scaly head. That finished him off.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:05:16 pm by TheCatfish »
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 05:11:38 pm »

Second age of MYTH? What was your last age? I really hope it wasn't Legends or Heroes. :\

Also: Towers without tunnels are easier to destroy, because you just have to dig the ground underneath their bottom level out.

Put supports under all 3, link to lever, pull lever.

The results are very, very entertaining. If you're hoping the goblins that survive will be trapped, you're usually out of luck. The towers like splitting in half.

Also note that even after towers are blown up, they remain as though they were still standing in the LEgends and Adventure mode.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 06:03:35 pm »

Second age of MYTH? What was your last age? I really hope it wasn't Legends or Heroes. :\

Also: Towers without tunnels are easier to destroy, because you just have to dig the ground underneath their bottom level out.

Put supports under all 3, link to lever, pull lever.

The results are very, very entertaining. If you're hoping the goblins that survive will be trapped, you're usually out of luck. The towers like splitting in half.

Also note that even after towers are blown up, they remain as though they were still standing in the LEgends and Adventure mode.

It was easy enough to destroy the ones with tunnels, i dug under and removed the stairs then did supports. I did notice the splitting in half and wondered about it, but then thought it'd look awesome to someone walking past.

Also it was in Heroes mode before this one. What's the problem with it being either legends or heroes?

Edit: The new towers im working on breaking are half dug into a mountain side so i'm having to dig them out first before undermining.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 06:08:14 pm »

Myth is the first age, it's when the most megabeasts are about.

This means that somehow, more megabeasts have been born.

Have you recently breached HFS?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »

Nope, just been killing the demons in the towers.

Can any other civs breach while you play in fort mode or adventurer?

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:26:31 pm »

Nope. Only you with your dwarven greed can unleash demons.

Are there any special changes you have made to megabeasts?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »

Nope. Only you with your dwarven greed can unleash demons.

Are there any special changes you have made to megabeasts?

I killed one demon then moved on. That was that. Since then I've killed two more and am now working on the last demon. I'll say if it changes after I kill her. Also on this site, double ended chasm, one end is under the surface.

Pages: 1 [2]