Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fanfiction.net, so bad it's good.  (Read 4182 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Fanfiction.net, so bad it's good.
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:04:58 pm »

So I was looking at the less sexual fan fiction of fanfiction.net and thought I'd share one.
Possibly my favorite line is, "You kicked me in the invisible".

Any fiction that made you laugh?

EDIT: Wow, Peter Chimaera got books published! Look at his book of hsitorical faFfiction.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:24:58 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction.net, so bad it's good.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:43 pm »

I would post the fanfiction a kid I knew in High School made, but that would be mean.

Here's a hint:  It's StarFox Fanfiction, he's the protagonist, and he drives around on a motorcycle with a flintlock pistol in a world with hovertanks and plasma weapons.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »

Personally the best bad fiction I ever read weren't simply bad or badly written. That just makes it bad

The best terrible fiction has elements of hillarity or even good writing that sucks the reader in.

In my case I am an incredable fan of Grandios language and certain ways of thinking.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:22:18 pm »

It's tough to find good fan fiction, but there do exist some gems. Like Tiberrium wars. And my one little contribution to the site.  :-\
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:15 pm »

That is my favorite line ever. "You kicked me in the invisible!" I was rolling around on the floor laughing when I heard that. It's just brilliant.

That said, I can only really laugh at the Youtube versions. I guess I'm a more visual kind of person.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:47:19 pm »

Die Hard: With a Pension
The premise is 'so bad it's good'. Painfully short.

A lot of the more ridiculous crossover fanfictions aren't terrible. There was a Haruhi Suzumiya and Warhammer 40K crossover that wasn't awful, too.

To find ridiculously bad fanfiction you need look no further than the Death Note and Naruto sections. Death Note especially due to the collective 13-year-old girl following it's picked up.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:50:57 pm »

Gawd I love Salvation war syndrome stories (when a magic enemy is defeat-able with good ol' lead)

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 09:57:47 pm »

Fanfiction.net scares the hell out of me. I made a solelm vow to keep a fair distance ever since delving into the Horror that is the WoW section.

((Gnoll on Undead Rape. With Guro...))

**Shudder**

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:25 pm »

I haven't been disturbed by anything for a good year now.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 10:18:47 pm »

This website is hidden in my favorites list somewhere. I harly ever go on it because frankly, the supernerds freak me out.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 11:08:01 pm »

This website is hidden in my favorites list somewhere. I harly ever go on it because frankly, the supernerds freak me out.
Yes, Yes. We've got Bay12 Forum on our favorites as well, but what about fanfiction.net?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:02 pm »

Yes, Yes. We've got Bay12 Forum on our favorites as well, but what about fanfiction.net?

Your wit is sub-par.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 11:10:52 pm »

Et tu, brute?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:34 pm »

Your wit is sub-par.
Its so bad it's good. ;)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 11:14:13 pm »

God i love you guys.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4