Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TBS - Planetry Empires - 1AC  (Read 2817 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
TBS - Planetry Empires - 1AC
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:19 am »

This is going to be a TBS about galactic empires, it will work a lot like x2yzh9's one but instead of all everyone being from earth you are free to make your own. but humans are up for grabs if you chose. I will be writing up a story in a bit.

At first I'm only going for three empires. Use application belowe or simular
Spoiler: application (click to show/hide)

I'll be updating this at least once a day. If you are inactive for three turns something "fun" happens.

I'll be playing a race, but you'll find out about them later =P

Players:
Shades - Terran Empire
NUKE9.13 - Namorian Empire
Lear - The Ardrati Dominion
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:26:16 am by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: TBS - Planetry Empires
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:44 am »

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

Stats:
Spoiler: Terran Empire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Namorian Empire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ardratian Dominion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:07:01 am by Metal Militia »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:07:04 am »

In

Empires Name: Terran Empire
Rulers Name: Shades
Race Name: Terran / Humans / Earthlings
Race Summary: Human... simples

Global 'benign' dictatorship after, somehow, everyone stopped fighting each other. Although the dictatorial position is for life it is supported by an elected worldwide council that advises him which in turn have elected local councils for each city across the globe. Country borders have been abolished for over a generation and most people consider themselves citizens of Earth (or Terra).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:13:19 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:02:04 pm »

In for a laugh.

Empire Name: Namorian Empire/ Namora
Ruler's Name: Emperor Tarquinius
Race Name: Tilants
Race Summary: Humanoids. Carbon-based. Human height. More 'blocky' than humans (less fat, less curves). Naturally hierarchical; groups are aggressive against other groups. Space faring capabilities arose only once one empire had conquered their homeworld Tilantia.
Empire Summary: I am not going to lie. Spell Roman backwards. Now you know how they work.
Long Live United Forenia!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »

Empire Name: The Ardrati Dominion (now Remnant)
Ruler's Name: Raikon the Strong
Race Name: The Ardrati
Race Summary:
Lithe, four-armed humanoids. They possess the ability of flight through the wings that are folded between the upper and lower arms. They also possess excellent depth perception and reflexes. Their government is a Monarchy with either a king or queen as the primary ruler (called The Great Patriarch or Matriarch). There are 3 societal classes, the Nobility, Warriors, and Workers. The Nobility and the Warriors enjoy higher honor, something that is sought after in Ardrati society and even a worker may ascend to the position of warrior.

(If allowed) The Ardrati live on a planet fairly close to an orange giant star. It is covered in mountains and jungles slightly smaller than Earth and has several tiny moons, which the Ardrati have just begun to send expeditions to.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:47:09 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 04:30:05 am »

OK, got players, will be writting this up some time today.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:35:02 am »

[I R Hax0r FOR Dble post!]

Second post has been updated with story. You all have a home world with a population of 5 million people, a hab complex and a research station.

I'll be posting a map of star systems in ASCII when the needed tech is researched.

Saying that there is no structured research or build tress. Shout something out and I'll roll a d100 and post results. Also please post a reasonable amount of actions a turn.

We shall see how this goes. If well then I'll keep this going in till people/I get bored then I'll start something bigger.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:49:48 am by Metal Militia »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:31:00 am »

See the glorious city of Namor, former and future capital of the Namorian Empire. Once built of shining marble, then of plastered brick, then of NeoMarble, now, of brick and steel once more. The Empire lives on, it is said, as long as an emperor is elected within three months of the position being vacated. Tarquin was elected precisely three months after his predecessor died, with 100% of the remaining senators' votes. No one has yet to complain that he was the only remaining senate member, and why should they? It is hardly worse than what previous emperors did for the position.
So the Empire remains.

Admittedly in a state of slight disrepair.

But! Work is underway, even now, to rectifiy the issue! Emperor Tarquinius has issued four edicts; firstly, that the mines of Tilantia must be repaired and operated, so that the empire will have abundant resources to work with.
Secondly, that the factories and spaceports of Tilantia must be repaired and operated, so that the empire can build and maintain a fleet once more.
Thirdly, that the cities, hospitals, and farms of Tilantia must be repaired, as that people may live long and prosper, providing the empire with a workforce to enact further repairs.
And lastly, that the forgotten technologies of basic space exploration should be recovered by scientists, so that the spaceports of Tilantia may be put to use in a proper fashion.

Also, what is a HAD complex?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

Typo fail.

supposed to be hab complex

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:28 pm »

(what is reasonable for 5million people over whatever time frame a turn is?)

My people it has been a hard road to recover as much as we have and yet we have only just started upon the long road back to the glory of our Empire. However we have an advantage our ancestors did not, we know it can be done and of the riches there awaiting our return.

Progress must be made and so with the reopening of our research complexes our brightest minds shall start searching again, recovering the lost knowledge that propelled us through the stars. However all great achievements start with the smallest of steps so our goals will be rockets and launch loops to get us into orbit once more.

Progress must not be at the expense of our people though, we must be strong to expand to our rightful place amongst the stars and so we will reopen the deep mines of Terra to supply us and build vast agricultural complexes to feed us. And finally to support our growing population we will expand that habitation complexes to ensure ample space for families and children.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 07:55:25 pm »

Hail Raikon the Strong, Patriarch of the Ardrati Remnant! Long has Ardrai been without a ruler, but no longer. Under his power we shall rise again and once more make our Dominion!

He has vowed to rebuild the vast Home Nests  so that neither mother nor hatchling shall have to fear the fierce storms of Ardrai ever again.

Coming also from a long line of flying warriors, he has decreed that the Warriors shall be renewed and placed to defend the Nests. He also so desires to rebuild and maintain the great Skywing Division to patrol the skies and take back the planet from the many large predators that have grown to inhabit most of the planet in the Division's absence. Raikon orders that once the Division is re-established, the Ardrati Magi are to design craft that will allow the rebuilding of Defense Spires on the 3 orbiting moons of Idra, Yykra and Errack.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:58:56 pm by Lear »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:25:56 am »

I like the RPing guys, awesome stuff but for future reference can you put your actions in either bold, colour or something different to what you are tpying so it's easyer for me to type stuff.

This is kinda a WIP so I'm making it up as I go. I'm thinking like 5 million will get you 3 general actions a turn and 1 research can be worked on per research station.

Terran Empire
The scientists start to work on plans for rockets and launch loops [I'm guessing a launch pad?] and say that (92) It will be done in two years. The technologies there but changes will be made for manufacturing.

[4] Workers are sent to reopen the mines but they say it will that they've collapsed to the point that it would be like digging all over again.

[8] They are then sent to work the fields but they report that the land is too barren to make more crops and irrigation is need to expand them.

[75] But there is much space for expanding the Habitation domes and they will be done in 4 years and will let you house another million.

Namorian Empire

Declaring your new orders, workers scurry to do there bit for the empire.

[59] They say it will be long and tough but 5 years and the abandoned mines will be serviceable.

[35] They say it cannot be done. The factories and spaceports use technology that is old and no one knows how to use it. But they say that they can salvage both and use them to build new ones quicker.

[60] The plans for expanding the habitable areas of the planet go smoothly. Plans are made and work begins. Work will be completed in 3 years.

[17] The scientist come up against some obstacles. Corrupt data, missing files or incomplete models. They say some of it's salvageable but it will mostly be made from scratch

The Ardrati Dominion

[19] The design specifics for the nests will take time and effort. 4 years is there best prediction.

[71] Raising an army however is much easier. A draft is sent out to all that the military is in need of recruits. soon an army of a 100,000 is made. Most of them are green but some are vetrens who have protected the nests for there whole lives.

[56] The -magi make plans for great craft that skim on solar flares to carry equipment and labour to the moons. First they work on the craft which will take 4 years to design as no information lasted from before the time of forgetting.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TBS - Planetry Empires - 1AC
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 07:23:14 am »

(Launch Loop a slightly cooler way of getting into orbit cheaply, not much more complex than rockets and launch pads but cheaper on fuel.)

(How much does a hab complex support? I'm assuming just the 5 million now? so the population isn't growing at all?)

"Sir, the scientists report that they are making good progress on the rocket and launch loop parts and estimate we can start production sometime next year. And we have got the maps for the attempts at mining and farming here but as you can see there have been some problems."

Excellent news from the scientists, tell them to continue the research as planned. There has been nothing come up that requires more urgent attention. Now lets have a see what problems we have with construction.

"The miners guild report that the supports holding up the old mines have rusted through and collapsed. It shouldn't have been possible but those who designed the damn things are long dead now and the rocks blocking the mines make them basically unusable. Apparently it would be faster to just make dig new ones. As to the food problem the scouts we sent out to find decent farmland have all come back without luck. We located some of the old fields but they've all become dry and barren over the years of neglect."

Very well, I see things are worse than I thought. Still nothing we can't solve. Mining is still important so we will just have to build new mines, and for the farming...

* turns to a map on the wall of his office and indicates a river not to far from some of the farmland *

This river here is probably the best option, see if we can get the engineers to rig up some form of irrigation system so we can work on reclaiming the farms. We might have to ration food in the mean time so tighten your belts.

At least the new habitation domes are going well, although god only knows how we'll feed them. Still I guess the workers there are still tied up building there? For four years it says here. Oh well can't be helped. (Continue construction on habitation domes)

Gentlemen you have your orders, see that it is done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:32:48 am by Shades »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 10:58:17 am »

The Namorian Empire
"'Huge electromagnetic interference'... is that another way of saying you are all USELESS?"
"No sir, emperor! We can still do it! We just need to have materials to work with!"
"The Great Library is not enough? Incase you hadn't noticed, fool, the empire is in ruins! I go to all that effort to rebuild the Great Library, so called greatest repository of knowledge and wisdom in the known universe and you still want more? What do you need, eh? Terminals made of gold? Ten thousand slaves each? Perhaps I should call for the gods to come down and hold your hands?"
"No sir! No, no! We praise your name every day for rebuilding the library! And truly it is glorious, and soon it will be back to it's former glory! All we need is, say, some old spaceships, and such? So we can figure out how they worked!"
"Junk? You need broken old junk, is that what you are saying?"
"Um. Well, the less broken the better, but, um, yes, sir"
"Hmm. Fine. Have engineers collect your junk for you, then"
"Thank you, sir, thank you!"
The scientist backed out of the room bowing and stammering thanks. As he walked away he recalled that he had gone in planning on 'ending the tradition of our people of blind respect for authority' by berating the emperor for not providing them with materials to reverse engineer in the first place. Now he was just glad to have escaped with his life. Funny, that.

Work on repairing the mines continues (1/5)
Work on rebuilding the cities continues (1/3)
Workers collect remnants of old technology for the scientists to reverse engineer
Scientist reverse engineer the required technology to build basic spacecraft and associated spaceports

I think I will go with basic ground-to-space rockets as a launch mechanism. Crude, but good enough for now. Space elevators will come later.
I will hold onto that construction bonus for spaceports.
Planets:
Tilantia: Hab complex, Research Station.
Bonuses:
1 use (I guess) construction bonus for spaceports.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 11:54:31 am »

Raikon has ordered the continued construction of the Nests and orders 2,000 Warriors to aid in the building. They must be finished as soon as possible! The vicious storm cycles come every two and a half years and we is not likely that we can weather many more!

The magi shall also continue their research and design of the transport craft.

His final order for now is to send out workers to harvest the great Tiik trees, prized for their value as a building material. The bark of this can be made into a material that can withstand re-entry temperatures it is said, though the method to do so has been lost.

Orders:
Continue Nest Construction with 2,000 warriors sent to help.
Continue lunar craft research and design.
Send workers to harvest valuable timber.
Pages: [1] 2