Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - It's possibly near-death.  (Read 22718 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

It's been 24 hours. 100killer9 logged on earlier, but posted nothing here. You're in, Inteuniso, but I'd like a bit more on your civilization then just politics, and mercenary traders are a bit similar to warmongering profiteers.

I'll get to work on individual start conditions. Colors are needed for some people.

100killer9 is set to join another race, and I'd like five more seconds.

I'll stick civilization info here as I finish it. Please review it. Then name your leaders, and they will take care of you. Never hit you leaders ... Unless you happen to live in that sort of society, I guess. Do not expect replacements if you kill them off in "accidents."

Yellow is plains. Dark Green is forests. Grey is mountains. Brown is hills. Sickly greenish is swamp, which is like a forest. The blue lines are rivers.

Spoiler: Neyvn's Tahark Horde (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:56:08 pm by Nirur Torir »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open, 5 slots remain
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:19:58 pm »

I hate to bump after less then half a day, but I'd really like to get 12 players here, and this is on the second page.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 08:28:50 pm »

Uh, I just noticed that two of the other civs have "warmonger" or something similar. Can you guys think of something else I can put in my theme?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:45 pm »

Opportunists?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 08:38:29 pm »

Perfect.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39:12 am »

Crud forgot  color, Orange.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 12:58:01 am »

Ditto on the colour...
Brown

Also if you are looking for secondary players for the Civs, you should change the title to say that...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 02:33:44 am »

Pencil me in as Luke's second. If he doesn't mind.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 02:35:57 am »

I would be honored.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 03:51:34 am »

Civilization name: Merchants world wide co.
City name: Suth
Race: Unia'ra
Theme: Greedy trading bastards.

Description:
The Unia'ra would sell their own mother for a simple gold coin, EVERYTHING is profit to them. There have been known that some Unia'ra give up their own lives in suicide bombing for a few extra gold coins...
They will never sell a item for 1 copper peice less than its worth...
They live where ever the best profit is, even if that means the most dangerous places so be it.
Due to their love of money, specificly gold, they breed fast and exploit their children, the children dont mind though as thats basically the law of the land, the richest are the most powerfullest and can do what they want... And they can get back at them later on in life...
Technology is the Unia'ras strong point, they can create the most wonderous and powerfull creations... although they usually build them shoddly to save on costs...

History:
Nothing is reported of the Unia'ra before the age of ash, and all unia'ra are reluctant to talk about such things, even attempting to talk about such things may result in war...
THe unia'ras greedyness enabled them to survive the age of ash by recruiting other races and creating war machines to defend itself, in some desperate times even to attack, which is rare unless there is a lot of profit to be made...
In the age of restoration, the Unia'ra formed together and creating a grand city, rarely seen by non-unia'ra, in this city is where most of the unia'ra reside, the top few merchant princes living in luxury while paying the less rich money to do work to make the city run.
When the age of sorrow was brought about, a maelstorm was placed directly over the capital, slaughtering many unia'ra, earthquakes followed then eventually a meteor struck and the maelstorm finally dispersed. At the end of the age of sorrow the grand city was drastically changed, much of the riches lost from view, but still the merchant princes survived...
Thus begins the Second Age of Restoration. All the Uniara raced back to the ruins of the grand city, trying to make a quick buck and raise up in the society of the unia'ra.
The merchant princes arrived first obviously, but after a few years decided to form a temporary alliance to make sure the unia'ra survived this new age, and prospered like never before...

crud, could i join in later or w/e?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:40:36 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 06:15:13 am »

Can't complain about that starting position. :) Just a nitpick, it's Usata Kingdom.

Leader names: Governor is King Usata II. Scientist is Weshol.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 09:58:54 am »

What exactly did you mean by "join another civ" like make a adventurer and join another persons civ as a sort of hired err fixer of deadly problems? 
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 10:08:46 am »

What exactly did you mean by "join another civ" like make a adventurer and join another persons civ as a sort of hired err fixer of deadly problems? 
It's as a second, to share control with them. As I said, AoR I died out due to players taking longer and longer to put their turns up. If each civilization has two players, it should work out better.

It's up to the players how they split the control. One controls the military, while the other controls the laborers? Splitting laborers? One spectating until the first one can't post a turn? Whoever posts the turn first?

I don't really know how it will work out. I originally envisioned it as the players being equal.

Can't complain about that starting position. :) Just a nitpick, it's Usata Kingdom.

Leader names: Governor is King Usata II. Scientist is Weshol.
Sorry about this misname. I just realized that you'll be starving on turn one, so I'm going to add in small granary with 5/5 food stored. It will be destroyed when you build a real granary.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open, 4 seconds needed.
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 10:54:11 am »

That's odd. If swamps provide the same resources as forests as your post indicates (1 food, 1 wood, +1 food with rivers), I shouldn't be starving, even if I can't get food from plains (assuming AoR I rules, of course). I suspect I'm missing something? Food will become more critical as the turns come, thanks to the fertility and the governor, though it shouldn't start critical.

Personally, regarding the seconds, I'd probably exchange a few PMs with my partner about the general plan of the next few plans, and a few specifics, and then probably go with the first who can post the turn should do so.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open, 4 seconds needed.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 11:21:48 am »

Ah, must have forgotten to mention it then. Although this will largely follow the same rules of AoR I, there will be noticeable differences. Some new things off the top of my head:

You will only be able to assign laborers to the first ring around a city without having researched The Wheel. This would be 6 food from the swamps and +3 from the river, for a total of 9.

Partial population will no longer consume a food while doing nothing. Each 1000 people will still provide one laborer, and each 100 people will provide 1/10 of a laborer. This is stored, and will be used once it reaches 10/10, when it will consume a food, luxury goods, be taxed, etc.

The stats will be attack/defence/range[ammo, if limited. Standard ranged units will be assumed to carry enough ammo for a battle, while infantry with firebombs will not.]/health/speed/morale. I'm not giving away the combat formula, but morale will decrease when health does. Lower percentages give a combat penalty. Troops with 0 morale fight at a 50% disadvantage, and abilities have no effect.

Experience levels will increase morale, and only increase morale. I'm thinking recruit/trained/experienced/veteran/elite. +10%, +20%, +35%, +50%. Trained will be attainable by an extra year spent training, while others can only be gained through combat.

Abilities are researchable, and each unit can learn one through a year of training. Examples might be Phalanx Formation or Endurance (More overland map speed). I'll be watching to see what fun things the players come up with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18