Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: I think (american) society punishes sex offenders too harshly.  (Read 20372 times)

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
Re: I think (american) society punishes sex offenders too harshly.
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:29 pm »

Taking us back to the point of "Yeah, Human Life is important. But murder can still be justified, even if in theory and not practice." Where as rape can't. Which is why Rapists are viewed as being worse than a gang member who killed some other gang member.

Unless of course, this rapist just was using his penis to defuse a vagina bomb. Then everything fair n' square.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2010, 05:01:04 pm »

It's true that I generally value math more than people, but there is in fact a difference between "doing other things while people die" and "killing people myself."

You see, if I kill a person, no one can save them.  I have taken away the possibility of helping them.  I have personally taken away that person's life.

When I am doing something else--such as studying mathematics--I am helping mankind in my own abstract way, indirectly.  I also allow a chance to remain for others to help whoever I am leaving by the wayside.

I may not be saving lies with my theorems, but I am certain that computers have saved many, many lies... and they developed from mathematicians' toys, the baubles of the mind.  If I am not actively developing applications, does that mean I am part of the problem?  If I am generating the theory that creates applications that creates life, does that mean I am not part of the chain--because I am not directly saving lives?

I value myself highly enough that I do what I must to remain sane; if I am not sane, I cannot help anyone.  I will become another drain on society.  Thus, I "waste time."  I waste the time needed to gain social skills; I waste the time needed to make others happy.  We have a personal duty to ourselves to protect our own happiness and wellbeing, since ultimately that is the marble upon which society is built.

This isn't nearly so black and white as you think it is, Armok.  You state that your post has been over-simplified and dumbed down.  Perhaps that is the case, but if so, then you have done this to the dissolution of any truth you might have established.  Calling us amateurs does nothing to ingratiate yourself or make us suppose your "truths" are deeper than they seem.

Unless of course, this rapist just was using his penis to defuse a vagina bomb. Then everything fair n' square.

Because all the hands and sterile surgical instruments have been destroyed in a vast fit of rage, or somesuch?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:00 pm »

Obviously this vagina bomb is packing a crazy lock that can only be unlocked via the rapists penis.

The rapist was pretty clear how he saved all of us, and this woman from the certain destruction her Vaginally Implanted Explosive Weapon (V.I.E.W.) could have caused.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:08 pm »

I'd like to know how large this vagina-bomb is.  Honestly, I think just hitting her with the liquid nitrogen might be the safest solution.

Amateurs...

[this post has been oversimplified and dumbed down for your convenience, and for the fact making a proper explanation would be book-length.]

You know Armok, one day you're actually going to have to write that book if you expect anyone to take your word for it on what a genius you are.  You can only keep citing a theoretical explanation for so long.

I'd love to see you write a paper.  The MLA bibliography is all like 'Armok.  "Why What I'm Saying Is Right." Sweden: Armok Press.  Published TBA. Pg??-???.'
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Keevu

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather be with trees.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2010, 05:48:15 pm »

I got to page 3 and decided to respond I think the law is fair. Lots of people keep claiming that 18 year olds get classified as pedophiles for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriends... This is false Google Romeo and Juliet Clause. Depending on what state you live in you wont be classified as a sex offender as long as the elder participant is not over 2-3 years of the younger one... So if your classified as a sex offender you are a pedophile. eww
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:50:03 pm by Keevu »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2010, 05:49:13 pm »

He never is because, if he did believe that stuff, he would give us an actual explanation why. Instead, he's like the little brother someone let tag along to bowling, who tries to go for shock value and popular things he doesn't understand to earn a false sense of fitting in to the group, only to make up the childish excuses when asked for any sort of proof, I.E. "Well, I'd tell you all about x except I think you don't know what it is so you want me to explain it". That book will have a bunch of horse ass nonsense.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2010, 05:55:05 pm »

I'd like to know how large this vagina-bomb is.  Honestly, I think just hitting her with the liquid nitrogen might be the safest solution.

Roughly the size and weight of a cervix, whatever the hell one of those are. Also the bomb, in addition to it's built in clock. (Which seems like a design flaw to me, it's not like you can see it.) Also is rigged to blow if the temperature becomes 10 degrees higher or lower than 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. (It has one of those cool little thermometers down there, but you can't see that either.

On a less ridiculous note:

This is false Google Romeo and Juliet Clause
And now I know. And knowing, is half the power.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:07:04 pm by Creaca »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2010, 06:01:31 pm »

This shit is getting insane.

Well then i guess I've said all I've wanted to say. Carry on.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2010, 06:04:18 pm »

I got to page 3 and decided to respond I think the law is fair. Lots of people keep claiming that 18 year olds get classified as pedophiles for having sex with their 17 year old girlfriends... This is false Google Romeo and Juliet Clause. Depending on what state you live in you wont be classified as a sex offender as long as the elder participant is not over 2-3 years of the younger one... So if your classified as a sex offender you are a pedophile. eww
Not true.  In Britain, at least, a 16 year old having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend will put him on register.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2010, 06:11:23 pm »

Roughly the size and weight of a cervix, whatever the hell one of those are. Also the bomb, in addition to it's built in clock. (Which seems like a design flaw to me, it's not like you can see it.) Also is rigged to blow if the temperature becomes 10 degrees higher or lower than 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. (It has one of those cool little thermometers down there, but you can't see that either.

A cervix is a hideous and terrible thing to behold.  Why does it have to be the rapist, though?  Can't the girl's boyfriend or maybe a trusted doctor defuse it?

As Dr. Seuss once said, "A penis is a penis, no matter how small"
Shoes...

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2010, 06:18:12 pm »

A cervix is a hideous and terrible thing to behold.  Why does it have to be the rapist, though?  Can't the girl's boyfriend or maybe a trusted doctor defuse it?

As Dr. Seuss once said, "A penis is a penis, no matter how small"

DNA coded.

Also she is an unmarried Amish girl.

Just be thankful the Rapist managed to find himself in her bedroom that night of time, or we'd all be dead.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:21:35 pm by Creaca »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2010, 06:46:20 pm »

So, uh, short of rape being vital to defuse a DNA coded bomb stuck in the cervix of an Amish girl, can we safely say there's no situation where rape is justified?

Because I'm having trouble taking you seriously when you suggest such ridiculous crap as the existence of Amish girls

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2010, 07:06:48 pm »

The obvious solution is to seduce her.  That would be easy if she were a sexually repressed Amish girl.
Shoes...

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:56:21 pm by winner »
The great game of Warlocks!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2010, 07:35:08 pm »

Oh, God no.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14