Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: I think (american) society punishes sex offenders too harshly.  (Read 20357 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think (american) society punishes sex offenders too harshly.
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »

Okay, he's gone, make ridiculous declarations, support your point with flimsy evidence at best and accuse everyone disagreeing with you of being a homosexual and a racist!

ON IT!

Which is to say...As part of the "Murder is wrong - usually" crowd, I'm resisting the urge to speak up and come off sounding like a subhuman bloodthirsty monster...

Come on in, the water's fine.  Besides, we killed the public urinal idea already when the hivemind declared it uncomfortable to pee without walls around.  Urinals have a rim for a reason.

Well, alright, let's use the obvious hitler-assassination example. Yes, lots of people would have been really bummed out if Hitler died. But from a historical perspective it would also have been a single loss of life that was a step towards preventing a genocide-level tragedy. Of course, that kind of perspective is a privilege granted only after it's too late, and justifying a murder without it is likely far to difficult a task for the legal system to handle competantly...but it doesn't change the fact that some people are better off dead.

It's also pretty uncomfortable to hold in a few pints while you're waiting for a bus. Some would argue, more uncomfortable than peeing without a obfuscating rim.

Perhaps have a sign  over that hole saying "This hole, in fact, does not have glass or nails in it. Feel free to stick your unprotected penis inside!"

Yeah...

That's exactly what I thought of too. heh.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »

Perhaps have a sign  over that hole saying "This hole, in fact, does not have glass or nails in it. Feel free to stick your unprotected penis inside!"

Yeah...

That's exactly what I thought of too. heh.
[/quote]

Me and the folks at MultilationRelations Inc. take offence to that type of slander! You'll find your Cease and Desist letter in the mail on the 'morrow gentlemen. However, to let you know we aren't all bad, we'll also be sending you free samples of our Epidermis-Removing Hand Sanitizer[trademarked]!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 12:55:27 pm »

Rape, on the other hand, can't be justified.

But what if there's a bomb?!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »

Like a bomb inside her vagina?

You ask her permission, and if she says no you let her remove it on her own, in private.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:25 pm »

I was thinking of a Joker-style sewn-in bomb device, but there was no way I could justify it involving her lady-bits and still be plausible.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:31 pm »

When you start trying to find ways to justify rape, you're turning off Plausibility Lane onto a three-way intersection.  The other roads lead to Immaturity Drive and Trollsville.
Shoes...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »

Everyone who claim human life is "priceless" is either criminally irrational, an ignorant fool, or a hypocrite.

I forgot the exact number, and  my serch-fu failed me, but you can try for yourself.

Evry time you spend the amount of money that if donated to charity would save a human life, that is no morally different from taking a gun and splattering that parsons brains all over the place.

Evry time you spend not contributing to making money for donating to charity or otherwise saving lives (fro example, playing DF or arguing on forums), to the extent that you could have saved one life in that time, it is also the equivalent of murdering that person outright.

You are on these forums, thus you do not spend every minute of every day doing nothing but desperately trying to save lives, thus there is some amount of Forum Surfing Fun that you value higher than a human life. If you know it on a concious level is another matter, but after reading this post you do know it, so...

Amateurs...

[this post has been oversimplified and dumbed down for your convenience, and for the fact making a proper explanation would be book-length.]
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »

Oh palm, I haven't felt your smooth touch on my face in far too long..
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »

No man, Armoks right. Dwarf Fortress is slaughtering hundreds of starving children on a daily basis.

MURDERERS.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:59 pm »

I'm planning to become a mathematician.  Man, people should lock me up for life because I'm practically committing a genocide.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2010, 04:00:29 pm »

On the flip side of Armoks arguement, every moment your wasting your time on the forums, you ~could~ be raping a baby.

So we're all saints!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 04:05:07 pm »

You're right.  I'm going to go kill someone.  All the good karma I've built up over the years should absorb the crime.
Shoes...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2010, 04:14:30 pm »

No, I'm not saying that you should spend every minute of evry day trying to save people, I'm just saying that because you don't, you show that you put a value on life that is comparable to some amount of your own enjoyment.

Lives <=[charity]=> Money <=[working instead]=> time arguing here

Is a fact. Your value interpretation of how you act on this fact is something completely different. I just got annoyed at people being hypocrites, claiming that they valued life sooooooo much and got all the moral high ground. You don't, and prove it by being here.

You are not saints. But you ain't monsters either. You are finite and non-extreme, and you probably value life a whole lot, but it's still a finite amount.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »

But if I cared for something more than life I would be dead.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2010, 04:38:40 pm »

But we can value life 'soooooo much'. The only real upper limit is if we say we value saving or preserving a human above all others, because that's when your little attempt at being clever actually applies. I think that a human life is a wonderful thing and if the opportunity presents itself, I will preserve one, but I'm all for natural selection as a necessary part of life and I'm aware that it's unfeasible to try and save a human life every second of every day.

Don't view the world philosophically all the time. Reason and experience must play the main roles here, considering we live in this world and need to make the best of it. Do not attempt to force your viewpoint on us when you yourself openly state that you barely, if ever, interact with the outside world (and no, this forum does not count).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14