Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Another God Game  (Read 20359 times)

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
Another God Game
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:23 am »

I am HUNGRY. My Madness affects all.

New Deities should read my LAWS in their entirety, and, if appropriate, the ACTs of the current AEON.

ACTS

#1. Every time I post, all deities will receive one ACT with which they may influence the world. The current amount of ACTs possessed by each god will be listed at the bottom of each post.

#2. All deities are allowed to save up to 3 ACTs (which would take 2 or 3 days) if they so choose, and then use them all at the same time.

#3. All deities are bound by the dictates of all previous ACTs.

#4. An ACT should consist of a description (as long or short as you wish it), and a one sentence summary in bold.

Id sees the flat expanse of the world, and fluffing his whiskers summons his powers. A long crack forms in the world, pouring forth magma which solidifies into the chain of mountains that will be known as the Towers of Creation.

Id Asėnzim creates the Towers of Creation.

Do not use bold for anything besides the summary.

#5. Any act should only consist of one significant action, as summed up in the summary. You may attempt to accomplish more than one thing with one ACT, but doing so flagrantly invites the MADNESS OF HUNGRY.

The Passing of AEONS

#6. AEONS are like chapters.  At some point, HUNGRY will call for a vote to initiate a new AEON, for which a majority wins. If the AEON does NOT pass, then HUNGRY will begin to intervene directly in the affairs of creation. Eventually, another vote will be called by the same rules, and with the same outcome if it is not passed.

When a new AEON is opened, the last one is closed.  A lengthy undisclosed amount of time passes for which the cosmos to develop unmolested by the gods.  A short description by HUNGRY will head each AEON and set-the-stage so to speak.

PARADOX and RETIREMENT

#7. If 5 days pass in which a deity does not post, it will be destroyed by ARMOK. ARMOK takes those that have idle power.

#8. RETIREMENT is available for those that know that something will keep them absent for more than 5 days. When a deity retires, he is replaced, just as if he had suffered WRATH OF ARMOK. But if the deity returns, he will be put at the top of the waiting list.

THE MADNESS OF HUNGRY

This is when HUNGRY intervenes directly to meddle with your plans, because you have broken the rules. Don't complain! You yourself called upon the MADNESS OF HUNGRY by breaking the rules.

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ever ARMOK posts for a WRATH OF ARMOK, which can only happen every 7 new ACT posts from HUNGRY, a deity will be chosen by a vote to receive the WRATH OF ARMOK and be cycled out. If and only if the vote is not conclusive HUNGRY will choose a deity whom will be allowed 3 ACTS to happen immeditately followed by their cycle out. When Armok cycles out a deity he gains one ACT that stacks to three total.

SENTIENT FORCES

Whenever ANYONE makes a SENTIENT FORCE by combining a FORCE with a physical being like a BEAST or SENTIENT or ect. the maker must contact the person that the SENTIENT FORCE will be controlled by.
Like ARMOK sentient forces can corrupt ACTs, unlike ARMOK they can only make one corruption per NEW ACT post by HUNGRY, until ARMOK calls for WRATH in which the eldest SENTIENT FORCE will replace a DEITY and begin gaining ACTS.

CORRUPTION
Taking parts of ACTS and changing them, recombining them into new things, making thing turn out badly, but never altering something from its original intent, if the act make giant aggresive worms, it must make giant aggresive worms, it cant make bunnys, but it can add anything that isnt covered by the act, like making then die in water ect.

RULE OF SEVEN

HUNGRY demands only 7 deities, no more, or less. One each to match him in his madnesses.

FRAGMENTS OF MADNESS
FRAGMENTS OF MADNESS are oddities that occurs when no ACT power is consumed in a day, other then being undestroyable via ACTs who knows.

Joining Up

Just post the name of your prospective god. You may wish to also write up a proper Dwarf Fortress stat block.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though it will have no effect on the gameplay.

Thanks to rubberduck for the game base.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:58:58 am by Hungry »
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another God Game
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:18:51 am »

Urist
god of SHARP POINTY THINGS.
can i use an act now?
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:26:34 am »

Bloodsword is most often depicted as an empty suit of armour and is associated with War and Prosperity.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:40 am »

Zilean is a deity that is associated with Time,Wisdom and Treachery. Zilean has mostly the form a really old flying guy with a huge white beard and yellow thunderlike eyes with a gaint clock attached to his back

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:58:20 am »

Zhokul is the deity of entropy, he is also associated with rebirth, stagnation, acceptance and insanity. He often takes the form of hyena.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:00:46 am by Red Fortune »
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:30 am »

RAM is usually portrayed as a Mountain Goat and is associated with [buildingdestroyer] and [can_learn].
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:09 am »

RAM is usually portrayed as a Mountain Goat and is associated with [buildingdestroyer] and [can_learn].
You seem new around here.
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 09:08:53 am »

The fourth wall was the first to fall, many more shall follow it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:09 am »

The fourth wall was the first to fall, many more shall follow it...
Stop that.

You're scaring me.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:13 am »

ARMOK is a deity associated with WRATH and RULE CHANGE.

So, I want to join, but that'd be confusing with the rules being as they are. Any ideas?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:43 am »

So, I want to join, but that'd be confusing with the rules being as they are. Any ideas?

I actually assumed he meant you and that you were a co-mod of some kind....

Shades is the deity of terrifying shrubberies and is often associated, by strange and misguided worshippers, with clouds and fractals. This annoys him endlessly and so he takes the form of a small flying squirrel that will leap from said terrifying shrubberies to assault loyal worshippers. This is less effective than he believes.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:42:02 am »

Dragnar is a deity associated with SCIENCE! and magic. He most often takes the form of a human carrying all manner of odd contraptions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48:40 am »

Well armok lets put it like this, you can either be the god ARMOK or the deity armok,

I actually assumed he meant you and that you were a co-mod of some kind....
I desided to pick someone as a co-mod at some point to keep it from having the same people be deities the entire game, like the other god game, to make it more fun for all.

Urist
god of SHARP POINTY THINGS.
can i use an act now?
Please at least make a entire stat block, and we'll start using ACTS after theres seven deities...

In beginning there was nothing. No light, no darkness, no room, no emptiness.

Only nothing.

Then Hungry and Armok awoke from their slumbers and Hungry stretched out his hand and he created the void. Now there was emptiness and darkness.

Upset by Hungry's action, Armok cut Hungry and seven drops of blood fell, each drop taking a different form as it splattered against the canvas of eternity; a dwarf, a suit of armor, a really old flying guy, a hyena, a mountain goat, a squirrel, and a human. And HUNGRY's blood gave these beings influence over the void. Influence to create and destroy, command and manipulate.

And with these actions Armok and Hungry did wrestle with control, and struggle to see what the new gods would do.

Thus began the 1st AEON.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:59:08 am by Hungry »
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:21 pm »

Zilean sits endlessly wondering about what to do, the zilean had a idea that without time nothing could move or work. So he started spinning his gaint clock arrow very fast around creating time
Spin Clock arrow very fast around to create time

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:26 pm »

Oh...

So, can I do acts or not?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...