Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Another God Game  (Read 20383 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another God Game
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 07:09:07 pm »

gah good catch, I'll change that now.
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 09:02:09 pm »

Dragnar looked upon the newly-created life covering the planet, and he saw that it would not care for his gifts. Ans so he created a new race, one formed in his own image, and given the greatest gift he could offer: curiosity. These "Humans" would be driven to learn and expand, always questioning their world. They would also turn this gift to war, creating weapons built for slaughter, but this was a necessary evil if they were to survive when the inevitable attack from the elves came.

To help his new creations, Dragnar hid a number of huge stone tablets across the world and linked them to the infinite library below, each would teach those who found them secrets of the world they lived in. Some taught skills, like metalworking, construction, or farming, while others taught of the gods, and what they have done in the world.

Dragnar creates humans.
Dragnar creates many massive stone tablets to teach any who can find them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 09:38:29 pm »

now we need kutebolds, dwarves and goblins.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 11:52:03 pm »

And megabeasts...

RAM looked upon the neat little houses of the humans that the elves refused to burn. And the Massive Trees of the elves, that the humans ravaged only sparingly, neatly reducing the trees into more houses. RAM deemed this world to be dull, and chose to place upon the world a force that would instil an instinctual fear of Mountain Goats for all time.

And so RAM brought forth the Lernaean Goat. A massive beast standing taller than 5 humans, with 5 heads, with nigh invulnerable teeth and horns ready to chew and batter all in its path. Its fur formed a dense armour, that would quickly corrode any weapon that struck it. Any part of its body could regenerate in a matter of a few minutes.

Thus the creature set forth to make its path through the world, suffering nothing to stand in its way.

RAM creates the Lernaean Goat
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2010, 04:33:42 am »

Shades look upon the world and ponders before pulling three orbs of matter from the void and setting them spinning in eccentric but stable orbits around the planet. Amused at the dramatic tidal shifts he takes a sample of dragnar's human peoples and merges them with the ocean life to form a new race, merpeople, and watches them struggle with their aggressive unstable biome.

1) Create three moons to orbit the planet
2) Create the merpeople as a species related to humans
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2010, 04:35:54 am »

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ever ARMOK posts, a deity will be chosen by a vote to receive the WRATH OF ARMOK and be cycled out. If the vote is not conclusive HUNGRY will choose a deity whom will be allowed 3 ACTS to happen immeditately.

In which case I vote for Zilean the sleeping.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2010, 04:41:34 am »

Shades look upon the world and ponders before pulling three orbs of matter from the void and setting them spinning in eccentric but stable orbits around the planet. Amused at the dramatic tidal shifts he takes a sample of dragnar's human peoples and merges them with the ocean life to form a new race, merpeople, and watches them struggle with their aggressive unstable biome.

1) Create three moons to orbit the planet
2) Create the merpeople as a species related to humans

*claps*
yay moons!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2010, 06:06:45 am »

Bloodsword sees the new life and decides that without a reason to fight, the life on his planet will grow to be weak and worthless. To remedy this, he takes one of the stars from the sky and forges it into a shining axe.

He then splits it into 4 pieces and gives one to each of the main sapient species on the planet, the elves, the humans and the merpeople, and tells them that if they hold a single piece, they are guaranteed prosperity. No crops will fail, no disasters will strike and no battles will ever be lost against any who don't have a piece of the weapon.

They are then told that if they ever have all four, they will rule the planet and everything on it. They will be immortal.

What he doesn't tell them is that he has the last piece and they won't ever get it.

Bloodsword creates the Axe of Kings and gives a piece to three people.

THE WRATH OF ARMOK

This is when ever ARMOK posts, a deity will be chosen by a vote to receive the WRATH OF ARMOK and be cycled out. If the vote is not conclusive HUNGRY will choose a deity whom will be allowed 3 ACTS to happen immeditately.

In which case I vote for Zilean the sleeping.
Seconded.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2010, 06:32:33 am »

why me!
i have a brilliant plan with my coming 3 acts

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

why me!
i have a brilliant plan with my coming 3 acts

That is what scares me :) but really there was no good reason I just have to pick someone, ARMOK had spoken.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2010, 07:27:49 am »

About the axe... It won't ACTUALLY protect them. Due to the wording, they just believe it will.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:01 pm »

How about we punish the guy that made the flying gaint fire worms THAT are agressive thats even worse, imagine them devouring whole civilizations.
I vote for the guy that made the worms!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 02:57:30 pm »

You people should really read all the thread, and I really should revise that to what it is now...

Well, it was evry 7 posts. 2/7 so far has passed since last time.
With this post it makes it four more till wrath can even be used.

Zilean slept...and in his now empowered state he begins to attract strange no-space fungus, which prevents him from gaining any more ACTS(until used).
Urist placed ecosystems on the planet and bloodthirsty elves on the planet, being SENTIENT they quickly make clothes from fallen leaves and branches to cover their "fluffly wambers".
Dragnar created humans,being SENTIENT they deside to make clothes from animals they find to cover their "fuzzy wambers" he also created many massive stone tablets to teach any who can find them and are linked in power to the Infinite Library.
RAM created the Lernaean Goat, being a powerful BEAST it breeds and eats, quickly the elves and humans learn to tame it, and find Lernaean Goat Cheese tastes wonderful.
Shades created three moons to orbit the planet to which causes a triple tidal season and created the merpeople as a species related to humans, being SENTIENT they deside it best to use sea vegetation to cover their "Soggy wambers". 
Bloodsword created the Axe of Kings and gives a piece to three people, and kept a part himself, which is chronicled only in the Infinite Library.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:06:55 pm by Hungry »
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 03:40:36 pm »

Wait, now I'm confused. Wasn't this turn suposed to cycle a god out from being eaten by Karn?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »

No armok, unless you call for a vote no one gets cycled out, which is reflected in the new first page rules...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27