Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re-equpping weapons  (Read 875 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re-equpping weapons
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

Okay, I lost one of my favourite adventurers to this problem - how do I re-equip a weapon which I've dropped, picked up and put in my backpack?
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Re-equpping weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:31 pm »

Put the weapon on the ground, make sure one of your hands is empty then pick the weapon up.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »

I tried that, but he puts it in his backpack instead.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:29:02 pm »

Your adventurer is unable to place the weapon in his hand because it is broken or otherwise non-functioning; that's probably why he dropped the weapon in the first place.

If his hand is well and the weapon is inside his backpack, [r]emove the weapon from the backpack to have it in his hand again.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:39:08 am »

Yeah, his hand got mangled by a lucky grizzly bear. Apparently whacking an unconscious bear over the head with a steel shield will do absolutely diddly to it, to make things worse.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 04:55:14 pm »

To my experience hitting creatures with shields isn't ineffective. But then again, I usually only do so with ultra-mighty adventurers who had their arms broken by elven arrows.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.