Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven King of GOBLINS?  (Read 2474 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven King of GOBLINS?
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »

Well, for the lulz of when I get my ass kicked by the now hostile goblins when an ambush comes I started on a dark tower and made my fortress in it.

I started the fortress in the middle sized tower thinking all 3 were the same,until I decided to explore the others in the [k] menu.
On the top of the highest tower I find a huge horde of goblins and humans EVERYWHERE and thinking of my doom I see a flashy elf. I view him with [k] to see what legendary skill he has.It's not a skill, he's the RULER.

That's right,Zolak Ustexolngo Exuz Zugo:Elf fishery Worker, you lead the most ignorant and bloodthirsty bastards in the world.

Fuck they have a lot of weapon wielders.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Elven King of GOBLINS?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »

You'd better dig the heck in before that first ambush comes and units are actually checked to see if their civ is hostile or not.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:56:26 pm »

Great. It's like Cacame, except with goblins!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:29 pm »

he'll gut you like a fish with a scaling knife!
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:43:08 pm »

Great. It's like Cacame, except with goblins!
it IS cacame.
He simply changed his name, became a "fishery" worker (gutting creatures...) and teamed up with the goblins to dominate the elves.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:28:05 am »

Lessee. Who else do we know that looks nothing like his goblin minions and kidnaps children?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least it would be better than Cacame Awemedinade. If it's Cacame, you died when you embarked and you are currently unaware.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:40:23 am »

This seems to happen more often than rarely with goblins, thanks to their baby snatcher tags. It's still pretty rare, since their demon leaders need to get killed first, and then the goblins need to be passed over for some reason, but I've seen everything from elves to humans to dwarves leading the goblins.

Never seen a kobold yet, though.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:46:01 am »

But it really gets terrifying when you realize the fully armored GobElf general is flying at your fortress faster than your legendary dwarves can move, and you're not sure even if your dwarves were on the ball with lever pulling if the door would close in time. One tore right through my master miner/wrestler cross class militia.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 09:19:56 am »

You'd better dig the heck in before that first ambush comes and units are actually checked to see if their civ is hostile or not.
Better, are those humans part of the goblin civ?

Thanshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:46 am »

I had a momentary vision of an anthropomorphic carp wielding a huge scaling knife.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:07 am »

I had a momentary vision of an anthropomorphic carp wielding a huge scaling knife.

D:  THE HORROR!!!  RUN FOR YOUR PUNY DWARVEN LIVES!

KG

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

This seems to happen more often than rarely with goblins, thanks to their baby snatcher tags. It's still pretty rare, since their demon leaders need to get killed first, and then the goblins need to be passed over for some reason, but I've seen everything from elves to humans to dwarves leading the goblins.

Yeah, they treat the kidnapped kids like natural born goblins. Am I the only one finding it distressing that they are more racially accepting then us?!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 10:34:25 pm »

can you post his name and a description of his inventory? (you gotta [v]iew him first)

I'd like to do a drawing of this guy.

Or a drawing of him fighting cacame.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 03:55:36 am »

Yeah, they treat the kidnapped kids like natural born goblins. Am I the only one finding it distressing that they are more racially accepting then us?!
Actually, in fortress mode the seem to be treated better, as a squad commander is most likely drawn from legends while the squad is instaspawned.