Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: seeds and barrels  (Read 585 times)

Scotty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
seeds and barrels
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

the other day i noticed i had quite a number of barrels with seeds that could only be planted above ground, i'm not worrying about creating farms for anything other than cave crops so i set aside those above ground seeds to be sold to caravans.

an elven caravan happened to show up so i tagged the barrels to be moved to the depot, the elves didn't bring much with them, some plants, wood and rope reed cloth, i tried to buy out the wood using a couple of the barrels of seeds but the elves got angry and immediately packed up their caravan and left and i was reminded that event hough elves have no problem with selling me wood or wood products (including barrels), they will not buy them.

so my suggestion would be one of two possible ways, 1)could set up barrels that hold dry goods to act like bins in that when at the depot you can select specific items in a particular barrel. or 2)have the ability to set up seed stockpiles with or without the use of barrels and then just send the bags to the depot for trade.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: seeds and barrels
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

I'd like a way to select all the items without selecting the container... or at least select the container, then deselect it but keep the items selected.  I'm not sure of a good way to accomplish that, though.  Another bound key seems like the only way to do it.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

You can already make a seed-only stockpile and set it to allow 0 barrels. A quick way to get rid of the seeds is to allow them to be cooked.

But yes, an option to just sell the stuff inside barrels would be good. On the other hand it wouldn't really make sense to sell the liquid in a barrel without the caravan having a container to store that liquid in.

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »

Maybe it could just display them in the trading screen the way that bins are displayed (when humans use them anyway, I never make bins...)