Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New magma creatures? Also, why won't it find my other reaction file?!?  (Read 1693 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New magma creatures? Also, why won't it find my other reaction file?!?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 10:53:03 am »

(Sorry for the minor necro, but the hours I work sometimes means I can't get to things when I want to.)

You are missing the following from your (and my first go at making one like it) creature and they might be important. I realized this the other day when I was thinking about it, there were no webs when I got them to spawn so I don't think the silk could handle the temperature of the magma, luckily there are settings for silk temperature.

Code: [Select]
[SILK_BOILING_POINT:13495]
[SILK_COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[SILK_HEATDAM_POINT:13000]
[SILK_IGNITE_POINT:13500]
[SILK_MELTING_POINT:13250]

Also since spiders lack bones I don't think you will need [BONE_HEATDAM_POINT:14000]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: New magma creatures? Also, why won't it find my other reaction file?!?
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09:28 pm »

could just replace [STANDARD_FLESH] with [MATERIAL:STEEL] or some material ingame that can take a beating from heat and still smile, now when the next version comes out this would be a bad idea, because the spiders would be steel magma beasts that are Immune to alot more then just heat (My steel golems can go hand to hand with fire imps in a magma pipe, but they still need a ramp dug so they can climb out)
Pages: 1 [2]